PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Release McDill

doctor30th
03-20-2002, 06:22 PM
and the White sox are interested in requiring him.

He's a left hander, and he's had a good spring. I suppose it doesn't mean much. But he has pitched 5 2/3 innings in relief and has not given up a run or walk, while striking out 5 and keeping hitters to a .200 average.

I wish there were some more stats to look at. Even those they look good, it doesn't tell you if its only against lefties, or how many hits he has given up.

RedPinStripes
03-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
and the White sox are interested in requiring him.

He's a left hander, and he's had a good spring. I suppose it doesn't mean much. But he has pitched 5 2/3 innings in relief and has not given up a run or walk, while striking out 5 and keeping hitters to a .200 average.

I wish there were some more stats to look at. Even those they look good, it doesn't tell you if its only against lefties, or how many hits he has given up.

Is philli over loaded with lefties to release one that had a good spring?

kermittheefrog
03-20-2002, 08:31 PM
In AAA last year lefties were 7 for 59 against him with a homer and 21 Ks. Righties didn't kill him but he was unimpressive aginst them for a minor league reliever. They hit .270 with 6 homers in about 200 ABs. Sounds like he could be Kelly Wunsch if the opporunity was given.

MisterB
03-20-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I wish there were some more stats to look at.

Here's what I came up with for last year:

Allen McDill
BOSTON 15 G, 14.2 IP, 13 H, 7 BB, 16 K, 5.52 ERA, .236 Opp.BA
Pawtucket (AAA) 47 G, 71.0 IP, 52 H, 19 BB, 72 K, 3.42 ERA, .207 Opp.BA

K/BB ratio looks good, H/IP is ok, BA against good too. The Phillies probably dropped him because he's going to turn 31 this year, and has had 4 ML call-ups (with KC, DET and BOS) and not stuck. Otherwise, he's a year older than Porzio, but has better minor league stats.

Pete_SSAC
03-20-2002, 08:43 PM
If you can hear me KW, get him now. He might not be as good as a healthy Wunch, but, he's better than a recovering one.

- Pete

RichH55
03-21-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
If you can hear me KW, get him now. He might not be as good as a healthy Wunch, but, he's better than a recovering one.

- Pete

Plus he's essentially a no risk proposition and wont look bad after Embree and Pulshipher got playing time(The Royce lesser of two evils theory_)