PDA

View Full Version : Worth a few laughs...

seventyseven
03-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Fox Sports original MLB power rankings. Fairly ridiculous stuff.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings?MSNHPHCP&GT1=9232

I just cannot get it through my head how the Twins can be anything better than .500 with Ortiz-Silva-Ponson-Bonser behind Mr. Santana. I just don't get it.

IndianWhiteSox
03-29-2007, 01:45 PM
You do realize that Dayn Perry was the one who made those rankings right?

WizardsofOzzie
03-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Coming from the same guy who said Wrigley was the best place in the league to catch a ball game and had this to say
A close call, but Wrigley, unlike Fenway, isn't nestled close to an expressway and isn't gummed up with too much advertising. The ivy, the bricks, the neighborhood taverns, the Old Style, the day games it's hard to beat three hours at Wrigley. Oh, and Midwesterners > East Coasters.I guess he forgot about the new under armour ads and the Bud Light bleachers huh? And to generalize an entire part of the country and say it's better than another part proves he's a jackass.

In conclusion :whocares

Flight #24
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Fox Sports original MLB power rankings. Fairly ridiculous stuff.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings?MSNHPHCP&GT1=9232

I just cannot get it through my head how the Twins can be anything better than .500 with Ortiz-Silva-Ponson-Bonser behind Mr. Santana. I just don't get it.

Wow. Looking at that list is quite......puke-worthy. And to think that some were worried about Danks-Floyd-Haeger as a #5!

Gremlin3
03-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Most power rankings are laughable

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

MarySwiss
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
C'mon, guys; lighten up. Under the radar yet again. And it's not like these bozos are ever right anyway! :cool:

I fully expect to be collecting my ALCS and WS winnings come October 2007.

Gremlin3
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
C'mon, guys; lighten up. Under the radar yet again. And it's not like these bozos are ever right anyway! :cool:

I fully expect to be collecting my ALCS and WS winnings come October 2007.

I understand that they're never right. I'm not getting upset, just like to laugh.

Dibbs
03-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Most power rankings are laughable

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

Power rankings are a joke, just like preseason predictions. They are all worthless.

Here is what they say about the White Sox in the sportsline power rankings:

We saw what a difference a year makes with their veteran rotation in 2006. With the age of their staff, you have to expect them to be closer to their form of a year ago than 2005.

Now the math:

Buehrle (age 28) -turned 28 last week
Garland (age 27)
Vasquez (age 30)
Danks (age 21)
Contreras (age 35) - allegedly

These "experts" who make their rankings and predictions just randomly make stuff up and write about it with no accountability.

itsnotrequired
03-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm surprised Podsednik was only mentioned once. I figured he would rank all other teams based on him.

:rolleyes:

WhiteSoxJunkie
03-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Now the math:

Buehrle (age 28) -turned 28 last week
Garland (age 27)
Vasquez (age 30)
Danks (age 21)
Contreras (age 35) - allegedly

These "experts" who make their rankings and predictions just randomly make stuff up and write about it with no accountability.

The Yankees have a great lineup as do the Sox, yet they actually have an aging rotation but are good enough for #2. Power rankings make for a decent read but shouldn't be taken too seriously.

gobears1987
03-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Dayn Perry continues on with his Podsednik hate.

He's just a ****ing douchebag. Links to his articles should be removed by mods and posts referring to his **** should be relegated to the ****house where they can sit by the moron.

IndianWhiteSox
03-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Dayn Perry continues on with his Podsednik hate.

He's just a ****ing douchebag. Links to his articles should be removed by mods and posts referring to his **** should be relegated to the ****house where they can sit by the moron.

It seems like it really is getting to that point, but for some reason it seems like that guy is more jealous of Podsednik, than he really hates the Sox. I mean think about it, that guy is a total loser, who no woman would come near with a ten foot pole, while Pods is married to Lisa Dergan. So there for I just say who cares.

DSpivack
03-31-2007, 10:15 AM
You do realize that Dayn Perry was the one who made those rankings right?

He kind of looks like Dwight from The Office.

Palehose Pete
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Dude, he IS Dwight from The Office, as in he's a complete tool.

AZ is ranker higher than the Sox?

Wha??