PDA

View Full Version : Another Top Central Lefty Goes Down

havelj
03-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Kenny Rogers on DL with "tired arm." That's now Liriano, Cliff Lee, C.C. and now pine tar pitcher Kenny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2007/news/story?id=2817103

cheeses_h_rice
03-29-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.instigatorblog.com/images/jerry_seinfeld.jpg

Awthatsashame.

AuroraSoxFan
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
They are dropping like flies! Can't say Kenny's is too surprising though. Seems like simple wear and tear from a lot of years catching up to him.

Mr.1Dog
03-29-2007, 10:41 AM
The Tigers still have Zumaya who is throwing gas coming out of that pen.

FedEx227
03-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Thank you. Maybe he can rub some iodine/dirt on it.

thedudeabides
03-29-2007, 11:04 AM
He has to start wearing down some time. I really think there is a window for the Sox to get out to an early lead. Let's just hope the poor spring training doesn't carry over to the first month of the season.

Whitesox029
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
The Tigers still have Zumaya who is throwing gas coming out of that pen.
Yeah but we still have at least six innings to get to their starters before we have to see him. This is all very nice that these guys are going down right as Toby Hall went down. Perhaps we won't suffer as much without Toby if these guys miss time. I wonder if Hall was slated to get the opening day start against Sabathia...probably not, but it's not something I would have put past Ozzie to do.

JermaineDye05
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
jeez what's with the injuries in the Central. Sabathia, Lee, Rogers, Hall anyone else worried about Buehrle now?

well at least this could help a little bit with Toby down now considering about all of those starters Toby would have been starting against. Still have to worry about Santana though. Although, I would not like taking the division because of injuries, I'd rather beat each team when their fully healthy and when their hands are washed thoroughly.

IndianWhiteSox
03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
jeez what's with the injuries in the Central. Sabathia, Lee, Rogers, Hall anyone else worried about Buehrle now?

well at least this could help a little bit with Toby down now considering about all of those starters Toby would have been starting against. Still have to worry about Santana though. Although, I would not like taking the division because of injuries, I'd rather beat each team when their fully healthy and when their hands are washed thoroughly.

Talk about the law of equality? With all these lefties going down after hall gets his shoulder separated, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Santana went down with a torn rotator cuff.

Not that I would wish that on someone who will be, a future White Sox in 2009, or anyone else for that matter.

tick53
03-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't wish anyone to be in pain, but I despise Kenny Rogers. "It's Karma Randy".

DarkHorse35
03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
That stuff on rogers's hat probably leaked into his system. probably not the healthiest substance.

infohawk
03-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Talk about the law of equality? With all these lefties going down after hall gets his shoulder separated, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Santana went down with a torn rotator cuff.
If Santana were to go down, the Twins would be absolute toast. They'd be like a boat floating in the middle of the ocean without a motor. Santana's starts, coupled with that bullpen, are about as close to a lock as you can get in baseball. Even a bad outing for Santana isn't that bad.