PDA

View Full Version : ESPN/ESPN2 to take over Fox Family telecasts

Jerry_Manuel
03-20-2002, 06:51 PM
ESPN and ESPN2 have added new time slots to their major league baseball coverage this season -- national cable telecasts on Monday nights and Wednesday afternoons. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20020320/ap-espnschedule.html)

NorthSideConvert
03-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Thank the Lord for small favors. Those broadcasts had by far the worst play by play ever encountered. Non stop yapping. Baseball is best on AM radio, late at night, from far away, so who needs TV anyway I can pick up AM 1000 clear as a bell in New Hampshire on my 50's vintage "Hi-fi" console. Now thats baseball!

GO SOX

NSC

VeeckAsInWreck
03-20-2002, 09:30 PM
About the only thing I enjoyed about the Fox Family broadcasts were the "Wonder Years" re-runs afterwards.

(Possible "Wonder Years" Outtake)

Voice Over: And at that moment I realized that Wayne was a "sCrUB fan. :?:

Kevin:(pointing a gun shoots Wayne) :o:

Disney didn't like this script. I don't know about you but I'd pay to see that! :smile:

baggio202
03-21-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
ESPN and ESPN2 have added new time slots to their major league baseball coverage this season -- national cable telecasts on Monday nights and Wednesday afternoons. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20020320/ap-espnschedule.html)

wonder how that will effect the extra innings package from direct tv...dont they ban other games on nights espn has games???...or is it fox night???

harwar
03-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert
Those broadcasts had by far the worst play by play ever encountered.

I think the cub guys on wgn are BY FAR the worst i've ever heard and i've been listening to ballgames for 40 years.Its nice to have monday night baseball again.I used to watch it on nbc when i was young.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Baseball
+ Olson twins
-----------------
not a good combination.
foxfamily is not a sport channel, lets keep it that way.

OfficerKarkovice
03-21-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
Baseball
+ Olson twins
-----------------
not a good combination.
foxfamily is not a sport channel, lets keep it that way.

Hey if I were 15...the Olsen twins would be hot. Have you seen them lately?

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Hey if I were 15...the Olsen twins would be hot. Have you seen them lately?

lol