PDA

View Full Version : KW Critical of Media for Reporting Pitching Woes?

Viva Magglio
03-20-2002, 05:30 PM
Terry Boers went on a mild rant about Ken Williams reportedly becoming upset because the media have written stories about our pitching woes. The theme of Boers' rant was that Williams was being facetious in think that such stories are anti-Sox bias. Terry did fully acknowledge that there are media people in this town who hate the Sox because they have a beef with Jerry Reinsdorf, but he said that it's the media's job to report such stories.

You know what? I agree with Terry Boers 100% on this one. No one is more convinced than me that there is a general bias against our team in the Chicago media, yet the argument that articles appearing in the paper about our picthing sucking are not evidence of bias because, well, our pitching sucks.

With each passing loss, I am becoming increasingly convinced that we could be in for a long season. Let's all put the Kool Aid down.

RedPinStripes
03-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Terry Boers went on a mild rant about Ken Williams reportedly becoming upset because the media have written stories about our pitching woes. The theme of Boers' rant was that Williams was being facetious in think that such stories are anti-Sox bias. Terry did fully acknowledge that there are media people in this town who hate the Sox because they have a beef with Jerry Reinsdorf, but he said that it's the media's job to report such stories.

You know what? I agree with Terry Boers 100% on this one. No one is more convinced than me that there is a general bias against our team in the Chicago media, yet the argument that articles appearing in the paper about our picthing sucking are not evidence of bias because, well, our pitching sucks.

With each passing loss, I am becoming increasingly convinced that we could be in for a long season. Let's all put the Kool Aid down.

Come on now. It's ST. You sound like Randy Quade in the Major League Movie. :D: I'm not going to take the managers moves or pitching serious until the first week of the season.

RedPinStripes
03-20-2002, 05:37 PM
There is one thing that i take seriously tear round though....................................

:firenardi

FarWestChicago
03-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Let's all put the Kool Aid down. More importantly Viva, pick up the:

:prozac

Foulke You
03-20-2002, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to judge our pitching until the bell rings in Seattle on April 1.
:burly
"I'll be ready."

guillen4life13
03-20-2002, 05:50 PM

if you wanna be technical, more like a short season.

SOXit2EM
03-20-2002, 06:02 PM
I dont understand why KW said anything. I mean, its obvious the Sox have pitched very poorly this spring. But once again, it is still SPRING! Lets wait till after the season starts, or until the AllStar break for that matter, before we get TOO up, or TOO down. AIIIIIIIIGHT. :angry:

Randar68
03-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SOXit2EM
I dont understand why KW said anything. I mean, its obvious the Sox have pitched very poorly this spring. But once again, it is still SPRING! Lets wait till after the season starts, or until the AllStar break for that matter, before we get TOO up, or TOO down. AIIIIIIIIGHT. :angry:

ummmm, to take the pressure off his players?

It's obvious the pitchers are feeling the heat, he's just trying to deflect the attention. It's basic management/coaching. He's going to bat for his players to show his confidence in them.

relax

RichH55
03-21-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

ummmm, to take the pressure off his players?

It's obvious the pitchers are feeling the heat, he's just trying to deflect the attention. It's basic management/coaching. He's going to bat for his players to show his confidence in them.

relax

Plus the papers had to write about something was the Epoch of Mario Valenzula was brought to an abrupt halt:)

foulkesfan11
03-21-2002, 08:50 AM
KW seems to be on the defensive end alot lately. Sure, The Sox don't get half as much as the Cubs do, but the fact that our pitching is really bad right now gives the writers an opportunity to make the Sox look even worse. There's only one thing to do.

FIRE NARDI!

:firenardi

THE_HOOTER
03-21-2002, 09:02 AM
I keep reading posts from everyone that say "don't worry, it's only spring training".

Well, I have seen enough this spring to know that we are in serious trouble when it comes to pitching.

Not only do our starters suck, but when they get chased out in the third inning, our bullpen will give up another six runs!

No offense can support this pitching right now. Regardless of whether it's spring training or not, our pitching is in the toilet.

For those of you who think it's no big deal, I can't wait to see your posts after the Seattle series.

I suppose I'm just ticked off because I was really looking forward to a great year.

Damn... :angry:

Iwritecode
03-21-2002, 09:38 AM

I heard/read Williams complaints about the media reporting on our pitching. It's not so much that they are reporting on it, it's the fact that they are reporting ONLY the negative. They completely ignore any positive. Rauch is pitching much better than what was ever expected from him. That left-handed minor leaguer. Last name starts with a P... He went like 6 or 7 innings without giving up a run. The reporters just kind of gloss over this stuff.

Procol Harum
03-21-2002, 10:05 AM
KW's going off about reporters daring to speak truth that Sox pitching has absolutely stunk this spring sounds like just more of the front office circle-the-wagons paranoia that has characterized Reinsdorf-managed operations--hmmmmm, can you say "Nixon White House?"

Randar68
03-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
That left-handed minor leaguer. Last name starts with a P... He went like 6 or 7 innings without giving up a run. The reporters just kind of gloss over this stuff.

Mike Porzio

Iwritecode
03-21-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Mike Porzio

Yea, him. Thanks Randar. :D

Funny thing is, I'd never even heard of the guy until I saw his name on the message boards. The reporters probably still don't know who he is...

duke of dorwood
03-21-2002, 11:49 AM
Then KW should tell his manager to shut up because much of it comes from that bearded oraface

baggio202
03-21-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Yea, him. Thanks Randar. :D

Funny thing is, I'd never even heard of the guy until I saw his name on the message boards. The reporters probably still don't know who he is...

opening day...2001...mike porzio threw a no hitter for birmingham...