PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Reed Sent Down

jabrch
03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
From Rotoworld

Mariners optioned OF Jeremy Reed, C Rene Rivera, RHP Sean Green, LHP Eric O'Flaherty to Triple-A Tacoma; reassigned RHP Aaron Small to minor league camp.

Reed was expected to make the team, but since he hit just .238/.273/.333, the Mariners decided it would be better to have him play regularly in Triple-A. It would seem to mean that either Mike Morse will make the team or the club will go with 13 pitchers. Maybe the waiver wire will bring in more bench help prior to Opening Day.

Vernam
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I think what this means is, even if Gavin Floyd is a complete washout, Kenny gets a free pass on the second Freddy trade. :cool:

Vernam

MincHiaPettito
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Still early but something about him, I was always skeptical about him. This is why I loved the Freddy deal. Except for Olivo but I thought it was worth it. Looks like Olivo hasn\'t been a stud yet either

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
From Rotoworld

Mariners optioned OF Jeremy Reed, C Rene Rivera, RHP Sean Green, LHP Eric O'Flaherty to Triple-A Tacoma; reassigned RHP Aaron Small to minor league camp.

Reed was expected to make the team, but since he hit just .238/.273/.333, the Mariners decided it would be better to have him play regularly in Triple-A. It would seem to mean that either Mike Morse will make the team or the club will go with 13 pitchers. Maybe the waiver wire will bring in more bench help prior to Opening Day.

I can't believe they let him and Olivo go for Freddy Garcia of all people. I mean, they gave up on two future hall of fame players.

Are you suggesting to bring in Jeremy Reed on to our bench right now?

I mean, if we brought them back to play in Charlotte that would be nice but otherwise.....:puking:

ilsox7
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Of course you mean he was sent down to Cooperstown, right?

chisoxmike
03-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I mean, from what I've heard, he was the greatest of all time. There's no more need to even play the game anymore.

jdm2662
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
I never understood how someone can be so high on a player they've never even seen before. :o:

voodoochile
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
But what about Jimmy Reed? CAN I PUH-LEEZE GET A JIMMY REED UPDATE?!?!?!??!?!?:gulp:

oeo
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM

I wonder when Chris Stewart is going to Cooperstown...

Huisj
03-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Still early but something about him, I was always skeptical about him. This is why I loved the Freddy deal. Except for Olivo but I thought it was worth it. Looks like Olivo hasn\'t been a stud yet either

Olivo certainly isn't a stud, but he has become a decent player. He threw out 39% of basestealers (dang) and hit .260 with 16 HR last year in Florida. Not bad for a catcher, though his OBP was quite low I suppose.

soxinem1
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
That's why it is important to let some time pass when these trades are made. When he was dealt to SEA in 2004, the logic was simple: On a team that had not won a World Series Championship since 1917, you have to take some risks to change that streak.

Getting hung up on ANY prospect is a 50/50 situation. Sometimes you get the next Derek Jeter, sometimes you get the next Johnny Jeter.

FarWestChicago
03-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Jeremy Reed is a lead pipe, lock, first round Hall of Famer. This just shows why Seattle sucks. They need to trade him to a smarter team so he can begin his assault on the record books.

Tragg
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Olivo certainly isn't a stud, but he has become a decent player. He threw out 39% of basestealers (dang) and hit .260 with 16 HR last year in Florida. Not bad for a catcher, though his OBP was quite low I suppose.
Even Borchard hit reasonably well last year with Florida.

Let's borrow their hitting coach!.

DSpivack
03-29-2007, 12:22 AM
That's why it is important to let some time pass when these trades are made. When he was dealt to SEA in 2004, the logic was simple: On a team that had not won a World Series Championship since 1917, you have to take some risks to change that streak.

Getting hung up on ANY prospect is a 50/50 situation. Sometimes you get the next Derek Jeter, sometimes you get the next Johnny Jeter.

:cool::tongue:

Flight #24
03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
But what about Jimmy Reed? CAN I PUH-LEEZE GET A JIMMY REED UPDATE?!?!?!??!?!?:gulp:

(checks)......yep, still dead. And still more likely to be in a HoF than Jeremy Reed......

jabrch
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Jeremy Reed is a lead pipe, lock, first round Hall of Famer. This just shows why Seattle sucks. They need to trade him to a smarter team so he can begin his assault on the record books.

Chris Young...now HE'S a lead pipe lock. He has to be. He must.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
And in related news...

Still dead...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00004R5ZV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But his music still lives!

:KW
"I got players to the left of me." (drum bump, bump)
"I got players to the right of me." (drum bump, bump)
"I got players all around me." (drum bump, bump)
"But I ain't got Jeremy Reed!" (harmonica riff)

Ziggy S
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
<Impersonation> of jeremyb1:You just wait, when Jimmy Reed gets a chance to play everyday and gets at least 650 AB's, he's gonna be so good the Baseball Hall of Fame will be changed to the Jeremy Reed Center. He'll be better than Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and Ken Griffey COMBINED. You can all laugh at me, but that guy's a 5 tool talent for sure and that moron Kenny Williams never should have given up on him for some guy we traded two and a half years later. Oh, some ring or trophy we got? What ring and trophy; I was asleep for about a year and a half through October 26, 2005. Oh yeah, that thing called the World Series I think it is; Jeremy Reed and Miguel Olivo won co-MVP of it for the Mariners, right? </End of jeremyb1 impersonation
Is Jerry Reed still alive? A double headlining bill with Jimmy and Jerry Reed would have been very interesting. Maybe, Amos Moses could tag along with them.
George:I've heard Sugar Blue's version of that song on the album of the same title. Sugar Blue also plays a good cover of the Stones' Miss You on it; yes Sugar Blue also played on the Stones' original interpretation of that song. Jimmy Reed was good and Sugar Blue rules; you've gotta love a great Chicago blues harmonica artiste. I saw him during Phish's encore at the venue formerly known as New World Music Theatre in August '97. Those were good times. Alright, hijack over; I was just reminded of Sugar Blue from the "I Ain't Got You" quote.