PDA

View Full Version : C.C Sabathia injured

Rockabilly
03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
CC was hit by a line drive on the hand.. I'm not to sure how bad it is

hopefully the Sox wont have to face him on opening day

JermaineDye05
03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
This does suck for him and the Indians, hopefully it's not too serious. Although I wouldn't mind not seeing C.C. on opening day.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070328&content_id=1863204&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp)

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
That man has been riddled by injuries the past two seasons, last year it was the pulled "muscle" in the abdominal region and this year it's this. Tough break for him right now.

UserNameBlank
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Keith Foulke retires before even throwing a pitch, Cliff Lee goes down, now CC. Combine that with probably Ramon Ortiz and Sidney Ponson making up 2/5 of Minnesota's rotation, the Sox should be able to get out to a running start. Hopefully they do, because Detroit probably will.

JermaineDye05
03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
That man has been riddled by injuries the past two seasons, last year it was the pulled "muscle" in the abdominal region and this year it's this. Tough break for him right now.

Yeah, he also didn't get too much support from the bullpen last year. If he can stay healthy for a season and have a good enough bullpen backing him up he could win 17-20 games easily. Santana's the only pitcher I hate facing more than Sabathia.

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Keith Foulke retires before even throwing a pitch, Cliff Lee goes down, now CC. Combine that with probably Ramon Ortiz and Sidney Ponson making up 2/5 of Minnesota's rotation, the Sox should be able to get out to a running start. Hopefully they do, because Detroit probably will.

If the Sox can't get off to a running start and put the Indians and Tigers away in the early part of this season, then there will definitely be some issues in the off-season of winter 2007.

chisoxmike
03-28-2007, 01:48 PM
This does suck for him and the Indians, hopefully it's not too serious. Although I wouldn't mind not seeing C.C. on opening day.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070328&content_id=1863204&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp)

Nice WSI robot voice there.

Keep up the good work people. :thumbsup:

I, on the other hand, while don't wish injury on players even if they are rivals, can't say I would be upset if he were to miss a few weeks or a month. But, I'd rather down a team when they're fully loaded and healthy.

I'm sure no Indians fans were hoping for the best over Toby going down for the rest of the season...

sox1970
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice WSI robot voice there.

Keep up the good work people. :thumbsup:

I, on the other hand, while don't wish injury on players even if they are rivals, can't say I would be upset if he were to miss a few weeks or a month. But, I'd rather down a team when they're fully loaded and healthy.

I'm sure no Indians fans were hoping for the best over Toby going down for the rest of the season...

Here, here! Injuries are part of the game. Not really my concern if CC Sabathia or Fransisco Liriano get hurt. Part of being a winning team is having depth and playing over injuries.

MincHiaPettito
03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
The Twins show that hot starts are overrated. We were hot early last year too. If i had to pick I would rather not fizzle out towards the end as we seem to regularly do

oeo
03-28-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't think either Ponson or Ortiz are going to be in the Twins rotation.

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
The Twins show that hot starts are overrated. We were hot early last year too. If i had to pick I would rather not fizzle out towards the end as we seem to regularly do

That is a good point. But at the same time, when everything falls apart during the all-star break and you still have a chance at the post-season towards the end that really says something. The fact is, the White Sox screwed up more than the Tigers and Twins actually won that race. If the Sox limit the mistakes on the field and in the dugout, then there is no reason not to believe that a good start can be defended.

SoxSpeed22
03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
The Twins show that hot starts are overrated. We were hot early last year too. If i had to pick I would rather not fizzle out towards the end as we seem to regularly doThat one kinda goes both ways because the Twins were about as hot as it gets going into the playoffs and then went 'splat' in 3 games. While the Tigers went in as cold as it got and made the world series, consequently going 'splat' in the world series. If I had to pick a period, it would be July and August.

ondafarm
03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I never like to see a player injured, even if he plays for the Yankee$ or Tokyo Giants. That being said, injuries are part of the game and having the best trainer in baseball, and the Sox do in Herm Schneider, certainly pays dividends. That actually is not just my opinion, but that of my sister who is a rehabilitation physician department head at a U. of Chicago network hospital.

oeo
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Why? The thing about getting off to a slow start like the Twins, is you have to play unbelievable baseball the rest of the way. Often times, that's not even enough because you've dug yourself too big of a hole. Or, like the Twins last year, you cool off at the wrong time; they were playing so good for so long, by the end of the year/playoffs, they couldn't do it anymore. Another example is the Indians of 2005. If anything, 'fizzling out' towards to the end has shown to be the better of the two. The Sox 'fizzled out' in 2005, and went on to a World Championship, the Tigers did the same in 2006 and won a pennant, and the Cardinals were fizzling for months and won a championship.

Get off to a fast start and put the pressure on the rest of your division foes.

PatK
03-28-2007, 02:50 PM

2005 for the Sox blows that theory.

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Yes it does.

:cool:

SBSoxFan
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
According to FoxSports, Sabathia was hit on the arm, not the hand, and x-rays were negative. I imagine he wouldn't miss more than 1 start.

MincHiaPettito
03-28-2007, 03:22 PM

About 1 out of 10 is not a trend

tick53
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM

Sonds like the Tribe has got 'em a Kerry Wood

UserNameBlank
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't think either Ponson or Ortiz are going to be in the Twins rotation.
Actually they both are. I believe the Twinks rotation is going to go Santana-Bonser-Ponson-Ortiz-Garza/Silva.

From Twins MLB site (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070326&content_id=1860946&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=min):
The final spots in the rotation have not been etched out yet, but it appears that four pitchers have already secured spots. Those include Johan Santana, Ramon Ortiz, Boof Bonser and Sidney Ponson, who appeared to assure himself of a spot with his performance on Monday, pitching six scoreless innings and allowing just five hits while striking out three.

WizardsofOzzie
03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Actually we did kinda fizzle out near the end, only to find our stroke just when we needed it and finished on a tear

MarySwiss
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, golly! I am having lunch tomorrow with my Tribe fan friend and I was wondering what to talk about... :wink:

Lip Man 1
03-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Garza was reassigned to Triple A this afternoon.

Lip

TomBradley72
03-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Actually we did kinda fizzle out near the end, only to find our stroke just when we needed it and finished on a tear

Joe Crede started it all.

UserNameBlank
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Garza was reassigned to Triple A this afternoon.

Lip
Great news!

Santana will be unhittable as always, but Bonser+Ponson+Ortiz+Silva = lots of fireworks in the Cell. The Sox have to really take advantage of this while they can.

gobears1987
03-28-2007, 09:10 PM
We didn't even kind of fizzle out there. The Indians just went on a mad run for 8 weeks and couldn't lose a game.

Lip Man 1
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Go:

Not saying this matters or not but for three straight years the Sox won fewer games and had a worse winning percentage in the final 82 games of the season then in the first 82.

In 2004 you could chalk that up to the injuries to Thomas and Ordonez. I can't explain 2005 or 2006.

What's stranger is that Ozzie gives his 'starters' frequent rests in part to avoid this.

Lip

FarWestChicago
03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I can't explain 2005 or 2006.Let me explain 2005 for you, Lip. The Sox won the ****ing World Series. Of course, you would still look for a negative angle. :redneck

ode to veeck
03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Let me explain 2005 for you, Lip. The Sox won the ****ing World Series. Of course, you would still look for a negative angle. :redneck

LMAO, but you can chalk up 06 to the pen (still chuckling)

esbrechtel
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
How long is CC going to be out? I heard he was in an air cast.....will he pitch opening day?

Lip Man 1
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
They are saying day to day. Don't know about the air cast.

Lip

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
LMAO, but you can chalk up 06 to the pen (still chuckling)
Though I agree they were sub-par, it wasn't the bullpen pitching every first inning like an extension of the opposing team's batting practice. That would be Mark Buehrle.

If Captain Cheeseburger is able to make his Opening Day start, at least it won't be MB going for the Sox this year. It seems like the two of them have gone head-to-head in every Sox/Toons series over the past few seasons, and I can't recall the last time Buehrle got the win in one of those (McCarthy recorded the W on last year's rain-interrupted Opening Day).

(You probably can't tell from my post, but I'm a pretty big fan of Mark Buehrle.)

hose
03-29-2007, 07:36 AM
I doubt the injury will slow CC down. I believe he is just as capable with a fork in his right hand.:tongue:

Madscout
03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Though I agree they were sub-par, it wasn't the bullpen pitching every first inning like an extension of the opposing team's batting practice. That would be Mark Buehrle.

If Captain Cheeseburger is able to make his Opening Day start, at least it won't be MB going for the Sox this year. It seems like the two of them have gone head-to-head in every Sox/Toons series over the past few seasons, and I can't recall the last time Buehrle got the win in one of those (McCarthy recorded the W on last year's rain-interrupted Opening Day).

(You probably can't tell from my post, but I'm a pretty big fan of Mark Buehrle.)

That would be April 4th, 2005. :supernana:

HotelWhiteSox
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
He's fine

Mickster
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Expected to start opening day.....

LINKY (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-indians-sabathia&prov=ap&type=lgns)

jdm2662
03-29-2007, 02:28 PM
That would be April 4th, 2005. :supernana:

Westbrook was the starter that game. CC was injured.

esbrechtel
03-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Expected to start opening day.....

LINKY (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-indians-sabathia&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Saw that....we will see how it goes tomorrow...