PDA

View Full Version : Media already getting on Piniella's nerves

Whitesox029
03-27-2007, 11:38 PM
"How do you want me to describe this thing?" an exasperated Piniella said Tuesday morning. "You want a crack in the door, or do you want [me] to finalize it?"
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070327wood,1,3161943.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

I'm not normally one to post "flubsessed" articles, but I just find this all very funny. What's the over/under on Piniella taking a swing at somebody in the Chicago media? I say June 15, and I take the under.

Ziggy S
03-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I would classify this article as "Lou Pinella going meschugennah before our very eyes", rather than a Scrubsession posting. You've gotta love seeing a seventy-plus year old man who still has fire in the belly and hasn't been taken down by the Alzheimer's, yet.
As for the bet, I say he calls out Error-miss Ramirez for loafing on the field and dogging it on ground balls he hits and maybe ends up crossing the line with him before he engages in fisticuffs with the Chicago press. I would put the date for that around June 1 and I'd take the under for that bet. Plus, it'll be the perfect time for that Scrub June Swoon.

IndianWhiteSox
03-28-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070327wood,1,3161943.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

I'm not normally one to post "flubsessed" articles, but I just find this all very funny. What's the over/under on Piniella taking a swing at somebody in the Chicago media? I say June 15, and I take the under.

What do you expect?

He plays for the Cubs.
:redneck

This quote really got me laughing:

"How do you want me to describe this thing?" an exasperated Piniella said Tuesday morning. "You want a crack in the door, or do you want [me] to finalize it?"

Asked for a final decision, Piniella finally said Miller "is going to be our fifth starter, OK? He has pitched well in camp. He has earned a spot, period."

:kneeslap::kneeslap:

oeo
03-28-2007, 12:37 AM
It's about ****ing time. I was so sick of that giddy Piniella...I was wondering what happened to the old school Piniella.

chitownhawkfan
03-28-2007, 01:25 AM
As for the bet, I say he calls out Error-miss Ramirez for loafing on the field and dogging it on ground balls he hits and maybe ends up crossing the line with him before he engages in fisticuffs with the Chicago press. I would put the date for that around June 1 and I'd take the under for that bet.

I see it happening in a late July or early August game. By this point the Cubs should be about 10 back, when ARam dogs a pop up to the outfield that drops or doesn't break up a DP. Either way, when it happens its going on the TIVO permanently.

TomBradley72
03-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I would put the date for that around June 1 and I'd take the under for that bet. Plus, it'll be the perfect time for that Scrub June Swoon.

Which will all lead to a good old bleach bum temper tantrum....look at us we're the best baseball fans on the planet...we throw garbage on the field any time we don't get our way!...followed by some deep media analysis on how a team with an IF playing CF, a DH playing RF, a sub par DP combination, a rotation that includes Lilly/Marquis/Hill, and a mediocre closer is SOMEHOW not in the pennant race.

If there are any towel drill/simulated games in the mix..we have the perfect Cubbie storm brewing.

I can't wait. :cool:

spawn
03-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I listened to what he said, and believe me, it comes across much differntly than it does in print. He didn't really sound exasperated at all. He sounded playful, like he was having fun with it.

The Critic
04-02-2007, 03:35 AM
I listened to what he said, and believe me, it comes across much differntly than it does in print. He didn't really sound exasperated at all. He sounded playful, like he was having fun with it.

Isn't that usually the case, though?
Both Chicago managers are going to say a bunch of things which will look much worse in print than if you heard (and saw) them say them.

Nellie_Fox
04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
You've gotta love seeing a seventy-plus year old man who still has fire in the belly and hasn't been taken down by the Alzheimer's, yet. Geez, he's 63. :?:

IndianWhiteSox
04-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Geez, he's 63. :?:

He is?
:o:

That man looks much older than 63. I mean when he won his last world series title he looked older than 47.