PDA

View Full Version : Parque velocity talk

duke of dorwood
03-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Does anyone think that all the spewing by the manager about the speed of his pitches will actually make it harder for him to get guys out? I know hitters adjust, but all this talk may have taken the adjustment period away.

kermittheefrog
03-20-2002, 03:43 PM
I don't think he'll be trying to get major league batters out until he throws harder than that anyway.

HawkDJ
03-20-2002, 04:13 PM
I think Parque would be a perfect fit coming out of the bullpen no matter if he pitches 85 or 90 or whatever.

Randar68
03-20-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I don't think he'll be trying to get major league batters out until he throws harder than that anyway.

I'll second that notion...

Cheryl
03-20-2002, 04:17 PM
I've thought that about Parque for a while. Of course he says he's a starter--they all say that. I think they're supposed to say that, it shows ambition or something. I think he'll be more effective coming out of the pen.

RichH55
03-20-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Does anyone think that all the spewing by the manager about the speed of his pitches will actually make it harder for him to get guys out? I know hitters adjust, but all this talk may have taken the adjustment period away.

I honestly doubt it will have any effect at all.....Batters still have to see him pitch and adjust....they can't just program the bat to 84 MPH and swing away blindly.......Its not like they were looking for high heat with Parque in the past anyway....They have been talking for years about Maddux and Moyer's lack of velocity and recently about Foulke's change....it doesn't seem to matter....You can't hit press reports

foulkesfan11
03-20-2002, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Parque in the pen myself. Even before he was hurt, he was missing something.

RedPinStripes
03-20-2002, 05:10 PM
Plan to hear another season of Jimmy whining all year about being a starter.