PDA

View Full Version : Balsa's on the DL????

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-26-2007, 07:02 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/313075,CST-SPT-cub26.article

Truly, it's not even funny anymore.

Ok, yes it is. :D:

VenturaFan23
03-26-2007, 07:51 AM
and the sun rose from the east again too.

AuroraSoxFan
03-26-2007, 08:52 AM
It used to be comical with the way that dynamic duo was hyped up just to end up hurt or with sub-par performances. But now it is just a waste of time/newsprint/cyberspace. I wish they'd follow Steve Stone's advice and leave baseball and go sell cars.

SOXPHILE
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
You know, it's ironic too, because yesterday, I watched about 15 minutes of this show on Comcast Sports, about power pitchers. The show was at least a couple of years old, because one segment referred to how there is "heat" in Chicago, with a "dynamic duo" of "fireballers" Prior and Wood, and went on to discuss them for a few minutes, with comments by various players. The indication was that they would be leading the Cubs to multiple playoff appearances, and own the town. I sat there, shook my head and smiled sarcastically. My oh my what a difference a couple of years, and a White Sox World Championship can make.

IndianWhiteSox
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
You know, it's ironic too, because yesterday, I watched about 15 minutes of this show on Comcast Sports, about power pitchers. The show was at least a couple of years old, because one segment referred to how there is "heat" in Chicago, with a "dynamic duo" of "fireballers" Prior and Wood, and went on to discuss them for a few minutes, with comments by various players. The indication was that they would be leading the Cubs to multiple playoff appearances, and own the town. I sat there, shook my head and smiled sarcastically. My oh my what a difference a couple of years, and a White Sox World Championship can make.

Talk about how things can change in a heartbeat, the 180 that has been made about Wood and Prior is crazy. I mean, the even the sCrUBS finally realized this and trust JASON MARQUIS AND WADE MILLER OVER MARK PRIOR AND KERRY WOOD. That's how far they've fallen and I think everyone realizes that Marquis and Miller are just garbage.

SOXPHILE
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Talk about how things can change in a heartbeat, the 180 that has been made about Wood and Prior is crazy. I mean, the even the sCrUBS finally realized this and trust JASON MARQUIS AND WADE MILLER OVER MARK PRIOR AND KERRY WOOD. That's how far they've fallen and I think everyone realizes that Marquis and Miller are just garbage.

I know. What's also odd to me is, anyone with even 1/2 a baseball brain knows that other than that headcase/jackass they have slotted to be their #1 pitcher, the rest of the rotation is not going to be pretty. The bullpen doesn't look like it's going to cause to much concern with other teams either. But, I just heard yet another segment on the Score about how everyone loves the Cubs chances this year, and they are one of the favorites in Vegas. Yes, they'll score a lot of runs, but they will be scored upon a hell of alot too. Me thinks they will be winning, and mostly losing, quite a few 12-9 type games.

Steelrod
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I know. What's also odd to me is, anyone with even 1/2 a baseball brain knows that other than that headcase/jackass they have slotted to be their #1 pitcher, the rest of the rotation is not going to be pretty. The bullpen doesn't look like it's going to cause to much concern with other teams either. But, I just heard yet another segment on the Score about how everyone loves the Cubs chances this year, and they are one of the favorites in Vegas. Yes, they'll score a lot of runs, but they will be scored upon a hell of alot too. Me thinks they will be winning, and mostly losing, quite a few 12-9 type games.
In Vegas, the Cubs are always lower than they deserve due to the legions of Cubs fans who make their annual bet. Ignore prop odds on the Cubs as an indication of where smart money is going.

oeo
03-26-2007, 11:16 AM
:roflmao:

The funniest thing is, they're going through their damn cycle again.
Starts out with, "Nothing to be worried about, just a minor setback."
Then, "Might go on the DL."
Followed by, "Will be back by May."
Then it's, "Out till June."
In June, "He's 100% healthy."
Two weeks later, "Nothing to be worried about, just a minor setback."
etc.

WhiteSox5187
03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I've met Kerry Wood and he is a really nice guy and I hope that he leaves the Cubs and all of a sudden becomes a twenty game winner. A change of scenery is exactly what he needs.

voodoochile
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I've met Kerry Wood and he is a really nice guy and I hope that he leaves the Cubs and all of a sudden becomes a twenty game winner. A change of scenery is exactly what he needs.

More like a transplant from his shoulder to his fingertips...

palehozenychicty
03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
More like a transplant from his shoulder to his fingertips...

Ding Ding Ding!:D:

skottyj242
03-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Kerry Wood was never supposed to be part of the rotation this year.

IndianWhiteSox
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Kerry Wood was never supposed to be part of the rotation this year.

I know that and that was the point I was trying to make. At this rate, Prior might not be a part of the rotation either.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-26-2007, 12:02 PM
...Prior might not be apart of the rotation either.
But there's a good chance he'll be apart from the rotation. :wink:

IndianWhiteSox
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
But there's a good chance he'll be apart from the rotation. :wink:

Thanks for that, and that probably will be the case about Prior.

TDog
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
In Vegas, the Cubs are always lower than they deserve due to the legions of Cubs fans who make their annual bet. Ignore prop odds on the Cubs as an indication of where smart money is going.

The smart money doesn't bet on baseball.

ShoelessJoeS
03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't think it's funny because he's a Cub and he's injured, it's funny (odd) because this is becoming the norm, not the exception.

thomas35forever
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Just as grass is meant to be green and water is meant to be wet, Wood is meant to start the season on the DL.

cheeses_h_rice
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Truly freaky. Seriously, what are the odds? I mean, they decided to move Woods to the 'pen to lighten the load on his arm, and he STILL ****s it up.

chaerulez
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm also another one who thinks it's ironic since he was crying about Lou saying he might not be ready by opening day and he said there is no question he would be. He needs to be waived right away. There is no point in keeping him on the roster. He should either play through injuries or retire because there is no point in his career anymore.

Red Barchetta
03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Has that joke of an organization on the north side ever considered firing their training staff?! Maybe they have, however Wood and Prior are not the first "no-miss" pitchers that have fallen off MLB radar.

vegyrex
03-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Stick a fork in him. He's done.

WizardsofOzzie
03-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Has that joke of an organization on the north side ever considered firing their training staff?! Maybe they have, however Wood and Prior are not the first "no-miss" pitchers that have fallen off MLB radar.
They did clear out nearly their entire coaching staff minus the best pitching coach ever, Larry Rothschild

I mean seriously, that's the one guy they needed to get rid of, other than Dusty :dunno:

Bobapples1993
04-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Wade Miller is garbage, but Angel Guzman should takeover soon.

Jason Marquis is pitching pretty well so I don't think he is garbage.