PDA

View Full Version : Boxscore ironies...

A. Cavatica
03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
How about a thread for those unexpected little nuggets that turn up in box scores from time to time, like last year's Red Sox battery: Javier Lopez, P, and Javy Lopez, C? (There was much anticipation, but I don't think that one actually came to pass.)

Today against TX, the Sox had a guy named McCarthy playing 3B while the Rangers had a guy named Vazquez at 2B-SS! How rare is it for teams to lend each other starting pitchers to play out of position?

The Ranger lineup also featured Hairston, CF and Hulett, T 2B, in case you weren't sure which team was which.

tick53
03-25-2007, 09:57 PM
:cower: Please don't do that, it's not even opening day yet.
:luis&nell

"Give old tick a break Cavatica. He watched us play."
:gulp:

IndianWhiteSox
03-26-2007, 02:40 AM
How about a thread for those unexpected little nuggets that turn up in box scores from time to time, like last year's Red Sox battery: Javier Lopez, P, and Javy Lopez, C? (There was much anticipation, but I don't think that one actually came to pass.)

Today against TX, the Sox had a guy named McCarthy playing 3B while the Rangers had a guy named Vazquez at 2B-SS! How rare is it for teams to lend each other starting pitchers to play out of position?

The Ranger lineup also featured Hairston, CF and Hulett, T 2B, in case you weren't sure which team was which.

What are you talking about? That was just the final term of the contract where they had to do that for one game to finalize the deal.
:tongue:

ondafarm
03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
I played against one team that had at least six players named Suzukii, five of whom were on the field at the same time. The starter, Suzukii was relieved by a lefty who was relieved by a righty named, Suzukii.

The Honda corporate team also had three guys named Honda.

TommyJohn
03-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I remember Greg Olson and Gregg Olson. One was a catcher for the Braves,
the other a pitcher for the Orioles. That was my dream battery, but it
never happened.