PDA

View Full Version : Russell undoubtedly to be sent down

A. Cavatica
03-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Today against Texas: 2.2 9 6 6 0 1

Good luck kid, hope to see you in September.

crazyozzie02
03-25-2007, 07:19 PM
i have a feeling we will see this kid as a starter somewhere down the line

esbrechtel
03-25-2007, 07:29 PM
He was throwing beach balls today....I was excited because this was the first time I was going to be able to see him pitch and unfortunately he played poorly

goon
03-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I like Rusell. He's 6'8", 250 lbs, good fastball, drops down against righties like Contreras, pretty good curve too.

veeter
03-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I wish he'd just stick with that heater and surprise with the slider. He's going to be a very good one.

OG4LIFE
03-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I like Rusell. He's 6'8", 250 lbs, good fastball, drops down against righties like Contreras, pretty good curve too.

anyone else concerned with what his motion looks like? when he drops down he seems to really be cranking on his elbow.

tick53
03-25-2007, 10:27 PM
He has the goods, but he needs more seasoning. The guy has a bright future.

thedudeabides
03-25-2007, 11:07 PM
anyone else concerned with what his motion looks like? when he drops down he seems to really be cranking on his elbow.

Yes, he looks like an injury waiting to happen. My unprofessional opinion is that he'll end up being a reliever.

Navarro's Talent
03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Regardless of today's game, he had a positive Spring Training. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does in the minors this year and seeing more of him next year in ST.

goon
03-26-2007, 12:03 AM

Jose Contreras does it and I believe has been doing it since his days in Cuba and he's 37. You could be right though.

goon
03-26-2007, 12:05 AM
My unprofessional opinion is that he'll end up being a reliever.

I think him and Sisco should be starting in the minors to be honest. I'd like to see Sisco start for the Sox one day.

WhiteSox5187
03-26-2007, 01:38 AM
We're going to be hearing lots of Russell in the years to come and he's going to become one of our best pitchers...do I have any reason to back this up? Nope. Just going with my gut on this one.

IndianWhiteSox
03-26-2007, 03:19 AM
He seems like a guy who will eventually become a great pitcher for the Sox. So what is a few more months in the minors for a kid like him anyway?

Domeshot17
03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
This kid has to be happy, even by being sent down. He came as a blip in a newspaper, a kid no one new much about and expected noting from. He left with the above average sox fan drooling over his fastball and size and dreaming of his potential. For all we have heard of Danks Gio Sisco Floyd Haeger Massett Broadway Mcculoch etc. being our future rotation, this kid has risen to the front of that class. I hope he goes to the minors and develops his 2nd and 3rd pitches more. His biggest problem now is lack of respect of his offspeed pitches allow hitters to sit on the heat. As soon as he makes hitters have to try and adjust to a better slider and change, he can start pounding the heater by them and he is going to be awesome.

Above everything he else, he seems like a first class kid. Really appreciates what he has and how he got there, and we all know that respect for the team and the game can take you far.

jabrch
03-26-2007, 09:23 AM
I like what Williams has done with the arms on the farms. Now some will fall out - that always happens. But I am comfortable that enough of them will make it that KW won't be forced to go to the FA market in the next few years to acquire (at worst) middle/back of the rotation arms and pay the prices that Meche/Marquis/etc. got this offseason. Best case scenario some of them actually develop to be front of the rotation guys and this team is positioned to make a strong extended run, while still investing in that pipeline that we have.

I'd like to see him next do with the position players what it looks like he did with the pitchers (and to a lesser extent the OFs). MI would be a great place to start.

Soxfest
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
He Gawn .............down