PDA

View Full Version : Group T-Shirts for August 20?

TornLabrum
03-24-2007, 07:19 AM
I received an email from Stephanie this week stating that the Sox are now designing T-shirts for group outings. It's too late to get one for May 26, but we can have one made for the August outing. What I need to know is if you guys would want one. The price would vary depending on the number purchased, but would probably be an additional $14-$15.

I'd like to get started on this ASAP as it would involve a change in the flyer to include them. For those who have already ordered tickets (and there are only a few), I'm sure we can arrange to have T-Shirts made for you, too. I'll check with Stephanie if we decide to do it, and let you know how to get them.

If you're looking at going in August, please respond this weekend, and I'll let Stephanie know what to do.

Oh, and if you have any suggestions as to art work, let me know what you'd like (flying sock logo or anything else that comes to mind).

Crede_Fan
03-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I plan on buying tickets for this game in the next week or so. And I'm bringing about a total of 10. I think the shirts would be a great idea. I'll wait to send in my order form until a decision is made.

MarySwiss
03-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Too bad they won't be available for May; I'd have bought one for sure.:(:

DumpJerry
03-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Could be cool. They could read "WSI: we beat all opponents in softball"
We should make them reversiable in case the Sox don't play well that day. The other message: "I'm tired of this crap."

SoxandtheCityTee
03-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I plan to come on August 20 and would buy a T-shirt.

Didn't buy a May 26 ticket as I have a ticket elsewhere in the park that game.

WizardsofOzzie
03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Too bad they won't be available for May; I'd have bought one for sure.:(:
Likewise. I can't make the august game :(: Is there anyway we could order one and have them mailed to us?

ChiSoxGirl
03-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I think something like this to unify everyone from WSI is a great idea!

WizardsofOzzie
03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
You said it :thumbsup:

itsnotrequired
03-24-2007, 11:21 PM

Only if my face is on the shirts.

:redneck :rolleyes:

MarySwiss
03-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Likewise. I can't make the august game :(: Is there anyway we could order one and have them mailed to us?

Second this idea.

Law11
03-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm not supposed to advertise my shop but would sell these at wholesale to WSI at NO MARKUP. You could order these and have them for May or whenever.

I have desinged a front and back design. (you can buy these now but I'd wait until we come up with a phrase for the back, I just threw the one mentioned here on there as an example. It can say anything.
To not upset the mods I didnt link this to my home page shop where all my other items are.
This is a direct link to this specific store within my store.
http://www.cafepress.com/wsishop

As a group you need to just come up with what we'd like to say on it. Once again this is live for ordering but
basically a proof for you to browse through.

The design possibilities are endless. maybe something that has the date on it, just tossing out ideas.

Ron

Law11
03-25-2007, 01:01 PM
back of shirt

Brian26
03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm not supposed to advertise my shop but would sell these at wholesale to WSI at NO MARKUP.

WSI already has a cafepress shop. You should check it out. By supporting this shop, people can keep the sock flying.

http://www.cafepress.com/flyingsock

MarySwiss
03-25-2007, 07:47 PM
WSI already has a cafepress shop. You should check it out. By supporting this shop, people can keep the sock flying.

http://www.cafepress.com/flyingsock

True. But I--for one--like his shirt design. I don't know what kind of deal WSI has with cafepress, but maybe they'd be interested in picking up his design, making some kind of deal.

chisoxfanatic
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I know that I won't be at the outing in May, since I'll be in Canada that weekend; however, depending on when I travel to Seattle this summer, I could possibly make the August date. Put me down for a "pretty sure yes" response.

Law11
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow, my bad.. I had no idea..
Of course I'm a bit partial but I can remove my shop if it will cause any issues.

The Dude
03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Only if my face is on the shirts.

:redneck :rolleyes:

I'd buy 3!

crazyozzie02
03-25-2007, 11:24 PM
count me in for the shirts. i still like the idea of getting shirts for the softball game too

TornLabrum
03-26-2007, 08:08 AM
count me in for the shirts. i still like the idea of getting shirts for the softball game too

I think I'm going to go ahead with a design from the Sox for August. However, you're going to have to be on your own for shirts in May. I don't want the hassle of dealing with that kind of cash.

skottyj242
03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Shirts are good but only if they're not white.

minutia
03-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Shirts are good but only if they're not white.
I agree with skottyj242 I don't prefer white either. I will get a shirt either way but if there is a chance to not have them white I am all for it.

TornLabrum
03-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Okay, we're going to use the flying sock logo for the shirts. How about what's printed on it? Any ideas? We could go as simple as WSI-Fest: Aug. 20, 2007. Since it's not the softball game, we probably don't want anything about that on the shirts.

One more thing. No more orders have been sent for May 26. Time is running short.

MarySwiss
03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, we're going to use the flying sock logo for the shirts. How about what's printed on it? Any ideas? We could go as simple as WSI-Fest: Aug. 20, 2007. Since it's not the softball game, we probably don't want anything about that on the shirts.

One more thing. No more orders have been sent for May 26. Time is running short.

This is just me, Hal, but if you didn't put the date on it, people who are going to the May one but not the August one could also order one. (Well, I guess we could order one anyway; it just would be a lie.)

How about using the "totally biased" theme?

Something like "WSI-Fest: we're totally biased, utterly petty, completely unobjective, and damn proud of it"?

TornLabrum
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
This is just me, Hal, but if you didn't put the date on it, people who are going to the May one but not the August one could also order one. (Well, I guess we could order one anyway; it just would be a lie.)

How about using the "totally biased" theme?

Something like "WSI-Fest: we're totally biased, utterly petty, completely unobjective, and damn proud of it"?

I'm not sure how that will work because it's going to be added to the August order form, but I'll check with Stephanie. I'll also suggest your idea for the text, but shortened up a bit...like

WSI Fest
Totall Biased
Utter Petty
Completely Unobjective
Damned Proud of It

We'll see if we can use that.

MarySwiss
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure how that will work because it's going to be added to the August order form, but I'll check with Stephanie. I'll also suggest your idea for the text, but shortened up a bit...like

WSI Fest
Totall Biased
Utter Petty
Completely Unobjective
Damned Proud of It

Sounds good to me, Hal. I can always use more Soxwear.

Frontman
03-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Could be cool. They could read "WSI: we beat all opponents in softball"
We should make them reversiable in case the Sox don't play well that day. The other message: "I'm tired of this crap."

Or the other message could be "Who put this crap together?" with a picture of KW with the standard circle/red line through it.

:wink:

I'd be interested. I hope we'll be able to get tickets for the 20th, as that's my birthday.

Front

Frontman
03-27-2007, 11:19 PM

WSI Fest
Totall Biased
Utter Petty
Completely Unobjective
Damned Proud of It

I like this.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-02-2007, 02:42 PM

WSI Fest
Totall Biased
Utter Petty
Completely Unobjective
Damned Proud of It

Why not : WSI
And on the back..."If You Have To Ask, You Wouldn't Understand"

ShoelessJoeS
04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
And on the back..."If You Have To Ask, You Wouldn't Understand"LOL, I love this one.

MarySwiss
04-02-2007, 07:06 PM
And on the back..."If You Have To Ask, You Wouldn't Understand"

Well, I like the basic idea a lot, but I'd suggest a compromise for those who might not know what "WSI" stands for; there are SO MANY acronyms out there.

How about "WhiteSoxInteractive (WSI)" on the front, and the back as suggested?

TornLabrum
04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
IIRC they only print on the front.

MarySwiss
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
IIRC they only print on the front.

Too bad. But could these suggestions be added to the shirts and stuff already available from WSI? Print on demand? Might be worth looking into.