PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Think Positive Thread - Spring Training Edition

Frater Perdurabo
03-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Let's recount all the positive we've seen so far in Spring Training that give us hope for 2007. My list is intentionally incomplete; please feel free to add to the list and/or elaborate on any of the points that I or others list.

1. Pods looks to be in great shape, portending a return to 2005 form;

2. Uribe looks good in the field and at the plate, in shape, being more patient and coaxing walks;

3. Brian Anderson is performing very well;

4. With Danks in the process of winning the job; the fifth starter spot doesn't look like a "tallest midget" or "least bad" competition;

5. Overall good health; no serious injuries to any core players.

:)

IlliniSox4Life
03-23-2007, 11:57 PM
1. Jose Contreras
2. Mark Buehrle
3. Jon Garland
4. Javier Vazquez
5. Paul Konerko
6. Jermaine Dye
7. Jim Thome
8. Joe Crede
8. Tadahito Iguchi
9. AJ Pierzynski
Shall I continue? :cool:

goon
03-24-2007, 12:15 AM
1. Pods looks to be in great shape, portending a return to 2005 form;

2. Uribe looks good in the field and at the plate, in shape, being more patient and coaxing walks;

3. Brian Anderson is performing very well;

All three of which have made changes to their batting stances. Uribe looks like he went back to that "timing" sort of method, using his arms and bat, instead of his left leg like back in 2005.

Foulke You
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm excited about all the heat coming out of the bullpen this year. Aardsma, Thornton, Jenks, MacDougal, and possibly Sisco. That has the potential to be another bullpen like '05.

CLR01
03-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Chicago White Sox- 2007 World Series Champs

Too positive? Too bad. :smile:

WhiteSox5187
03-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Pods has shown a remarkable comeback, Uribe is back and hitting relatively well and in shape (also, he's not rotting away in a Dominican prison), regardless of the fifth spot they still have four of the best pitchers (even though Buerhle is coming off an off year). Our offense is explosive. There are a lot of reasons to be happy with this team going into the last week of spring training. Even Jenks' fastball is coming around too. I heard he was hitting 95 last outting. There is no reason we can't win the Central this year. Give 'em hell boys!

MincHiaPettito
03-24-2007, 03:23 AM
ST edition, pssh, spring is over already in my book, 1 week away baby!

IndianWhiteSox
03-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Sox will win more than a 100 games and a World series. Enough Said.

:cool:

ShoelessJoeS
03-24-2007, 05:00 AM
1. Jose Contreras
2. Mark Buehrle
3. Jon Garland
4. Javier Vazquez
5. Paul Konerko
6. Jermaine Dye
7. Jim Thome
8. Joe Crede
8. Tadahito Iguchi
9. AJ Pierzynski
Shall I continue? :cool:
MacDougal
Thornton
Jenks

ode to veeck
03-24-2007, 08:56 AM
What's the best indicator for the Sox 07 success? A repopulated, rejuvenated bullpen? Pods, Uribe, and Anderson having success at the plate and on the basebpaths? 2-4 MPH back on Burly-mon's fastball? Denks stepping up for the 5th starter's role with an impressive outing yesterday? An aging classic Contreras still whizzing curve balls past anyone?

(A) None of the above, rather it's the strong fair weather and lack of dark clouds in the WSI Clubhouse

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
1.Darin Erstad has no lingering effects from off season surgery.

2.Scott Podsednik looks as if he's reverted back to 2005 form.

3.Batting lower in the lineup doesn't seem to bother Iguchi.

4.OPENING DAY IS 9 DAYS AWAY!!Bring on the Kosher hot dogs!!:bandance: