PDA

View Full Version : Nice Erstad Quote In the Sun-Times

Thome25
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
''Success carries weight,'' Erstad said. ''You know this organization wants to win. I had a lot of respect for the players that I went against on the field. This is one of those teams that when you play them, you're saying, 'Yeah, I can see myself playing there.' The way they carry themselves, the way they are respectful, the personalities, the way they play the game and go about their business. That's very important to me.'' --Darin Erstad about the White Sox Organization.

In today's world where there's nothing but cocky, spoiled, overpaid athletes (SEE AROD) it's a breath of fresh air to have guys like Thome and Erstad who actually want to be here and have a work ethic like they do.

It's obvious that they they care and aren't just looking to play for the highest bidder.

What do you think??

IndianWhiteSox
03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey, if that means, that he can put up the numbers and glove to help the SOX win, then that's great. I mean I really want BA to be the starting CF and do well, but if Erstad is the CF, I want him to be a good #2 hitter while manning the CF position.

The Immigrant
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't think anyone has ever seriously questioned A-Rod's work ethic, so that's not a fair comparison. Any sane Sox fan would take him if the price was right.

Thome25
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't think anyone has ever seriously questioned A-Rod's work ethic, so that's not a fair comparison. Any sane Sox fan would take him if the price was right.

Please don't turn this into an AROD to the Sox debate. If you've seen a majority of AROD's quotes recently he's the arrogant, overpaid, spoiled, whiny little crybaby I was referring to.

I never questioned AROD's work ethic though. Like I said though, PLEASE don't turn this thread into an AROD to the Sox debate. THANKS!!

TomBradley72
03-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I think Erstad is a nice acquisition both on the field and in the clubhouse.

Also a good veteran CF to "mentor" BA which he didn't really have last year.

Part of a nice upgrading of the position players by KW (ie. replaced Gload/Widger with Erstad/Hall).

lumpyspun
03-23-2007, 10:15 AM
If he made that quote 2 years ago before he was traded it would carry a lot more weight.

DumpJerry
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Based on Erstad's obervations of the Sox as an opposing player, I would say that Lance Brigg$ would not fit in.

DumpJerry
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
If he made that quote 2 years ago before he was traded it would carry a lot more weight.
Wasn't he a FA signing?

CLR01
03-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Please don't turn this into an AROD to the Sox debate. If you've seen a majority of AROD's quotes recently he's the arrogant, overpaid, spoiled, whiny little crybaby I was referring to.

I never questioned AROD's work ethic though. Like I said though, PLEASE don't turn this thread into an AROD to the Sox debate. THANKS!!

If you don't want to discuss AROD then don't bring him up in the thread. Strange concept, I know, but I think we can do it.

Thome25
03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
If you don't want to discuss AROD then don't bring him up in the thread. Strange concept, I know, but I think we can do it.

I brought it up because I was discussing AROD's obvious personality flaws NOT his possibility of joining the Sox.

Why must you and I always clash? Can't we all just get along?

Iwritecode
03-23-2007, 01:28 PM

If he made that quote 2 years ago I think Angels fans would've been quite upset.

Look at how Sox fans react anytime Buehrle mentions the Cardinals...

CLR01
03-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I brought it up because I was discussing AROD's obvious personality flaws NOT his possibility of joining the Sox.

Why must you and I always clash? Can't we all just get along?

Who's clashing? If I don't want my threads to spin off about how awesome Fruity Pebbles are then I am not going to bring them up in the first sentence of my thread.