PDA

View Full Version : Will the Sox trade for another pitcher?

Chisox_cali
03-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Will the Sox trade for another pitcher? If Yes who do you think it will be?

I'm still gonna go with my hinkling of us getting El Duque for some reason.

CerberusWG
03-19-2002, 09:03 PM
I think we will get Plesac if/when he is released from the Blue Jays.

Daver
03-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I think we will get Plesac if/when he is released from the Blue Jays.

He will be traded before being waived,he is left handed.

Cheryl
03-19-2002, 09:27 PM
They'll pick up someone who was released by another team, rather than trade for a pitcher. Someone whose salary will have to be paid by that other team, or at least most of it.

danman31
03-19-2002, 09:46 PM
I don't think KW will make a deal for a pitcher this late into spring training. The next deal the Sox will make will be either towards the deadline or somewhat early in the year(May or June) and that's only if someone gets hurt for the year at a thin position for us.

hsc1
03-19-2002, 10:24 PM
i also would have to go with el duque... the yanks are in a desperate search for a left fielder.... maybe carlos is headed to new york?????????

doublem23
03-19-2002, 10:36 PM
While I am unsure if the Sox will pick up a pitcher, I'm sure Kenny Williams is going to start panicking...

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 11:15 PM
I am almost positive a trade is going to happen. Whether it is for a starter or reliever, I am not sure. Sox are going to have to do something. Otherwise they carry 3 catchers and Simmons has to clear waivers.

I have no idea who it will be, but I think something is going to break in the next week.

RedPinStripes
03-20-2002, 12:14 AM
I don't know who he's going to get, but I'm sure it will be a half assed pitcher.

bjmarte
03-20-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by doubledem23
While I am unsure if the Sox will pick up a pitcher, I'm sure Kenny Williams is going to start panicking...
LOL. Something we agree on! :D:

baggio202
03-20-2002, 11:26 AM
whoever we get...you can bet we will pay out the ass for him...

the new sox pitching staff rating system

:cool: = everything is fine and dandy..we are set

:smile: = its a ****y spring..but they will turn it around..i miss sean lowe though

:?: =looks like a bunch of mop up pitchers... i even miss jesus pena

:(: = is wilbur wood still in shape???

:whiner: does anyone have the number of a good crack dealer????...scott ruffcorn and jaime navarro look good to me now

Jerry_Manuel
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Will the Sox trade for another pitcher?

No.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-20-2002, 03:15 PM
A trade rumor brought up was a catcher for Paniagua. I sorta like this trade because we dump one catcher for a bullpen guy who is better than we got. This trade seems more likely to me.

RichH55
03-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hsc1
i also would have to go with el duque... the yanks are in a desperate search for a left fielder.... maybe carlos is headed to new york?????????

Carlos for El Duque is absolutely ridiculous

RichH55
03-20-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
A trade rumor brought up was a catcher for Paniagua. I sorta like this trade because we dump one catcher for a bullpen guy who is better than we got. This trade seems more likely to me.

I like Bread and Water...and he already has the nickname ready to go, but does it worry anyone else that the Mariners were so willing to let him go? Especially with Charlton being done....Gillick is no fool, so that worries me.....That being said I'd take Paniagua