PDA

View Full Version : Is our pitching good enough to win the AL Central?

Viva Magglio
03-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Is our pitching good enough to win the AL Central?

Pete_SSAC
03-19-2002, 09:28 PM
Depends. If out pitching continues to do what it's doing now, then no.

But if it preforms like it should. Toasted Twinkies.

- Pete

Daver
03-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Basing panic on ST pitching performances is ludicrous,plain and simple.

Pete_SSAC
03-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by daver

I agree. The ONLY games I'll be putting stock in are the two in Millar in the one in Pac Bell. Reason being is that it leads up to the season, and momentum would be nice to help us take out the M's. Also, I figure that the team should more or less be solid by then.

- Pete

foulkesfan11
03-19-2002, 09:57 PM
If our offense holds up, we should be ok folr a while, at least until they settle down & get back into form.

Dadawg_77
03-19-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

I agree. The ONLY games I'll be putting stock in are the two in Millar in the one in Pac Bell. Reason being is that it leads up to the season, and momentum would be nice to help us take out the M's. Also, I figure that the team should more or less be solid by then.

- Pete

But we won't use our top RP or SP in those games. Maybe Rauch will start them but would be the best pitcher you will see in those games.

pearso66
03-20-2002, 12:17 AM
im not too worried about it, as long as they pitch remotely like they did last season, our hitting should help them out, we didnt have the hitting last year as we do right now, and hopefulyl the hitting carries on, the pitching will always improve

DVG
03-20-2002, 01:48 PM
I see a team much like the south side hitmen of '77. Great
hitting, not enough pitching. I don't know if this team will win as many games as the '77 squad, though.

urbanhack
03-20-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't think it's just the starting pitching. 2 years ago we had a great bullpen which made our starting pitching even better. If Jerry can get the bullpen set up, we won't have to rely on our starting pitching as much.

The way it stands now, I do think our starting pitching is good enough to win the division. I wouldn't put too much stock into the spring trainning performances.

Iwritecode
03-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by daver

I agree. I read that Seattle (that team that won 116 games last year and was regarded as having one of the best bullpens in the league) is giving up, on average, 7 runs a game in ST. You think any of their fans are panicking?