PDA

View Full Version : blue still in the park

ramblermgr9599
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Will they get rid of all the blue in the park. The out of town scoreboard needs to be trimmed in green. What about the awning over the visitor's bullpen, or the blue seats in the bullpen. All the blue needs to be gone.

CHISOXFAN13
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
T minus 11 days and counting...

tick53
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Will they get rid of all the blue in the park. The out of town scoreboard needs to be trimmed in green. What about the awning over the visitor's bullpen, or the blue seats in the bullpen. All the blue needs to be gone.

I agree, blue is through!!

IlliniSox4Life
03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
omg its so weird that you said this. i just got back from the mall, and the weirdest thing happened. so i was walking from spencers gifts to brookstone and i happened to run into none other than brooks boyer. now, it was weird enough seing brooks boyer at brookstone. i gues he probably just really likes the store, most people do anyway. so brooks had one of those sidekick things (lol, i guess he likes cool gadgets - being in brookstone with a sidekick). i wwalked up to him to say hi and tell him how good of a job hes been doing. anyway, so i said hi and started tlaking to him. somehow the subject of his sidekick not working right came up. my freind used to have a sidekcik and i told him maybe i could help him with it. he told me he was trying to send a text message to somebody, but it wouldnt wokr. so he handed it to me, and i was foolin around with it, and i saw the text he was triying to send it said "to:jreins@whitesox.com cc:kwill@whitesox.com re:blue. hey jerry. got ur msg bout blu. so its oficial, no smurfs allwd in prk in 2k7. -brooks"

not sure what the point of it was, but my brother was there, and he saw it to. i had to hand it to him cuz he thought he could fix the sidekick. turns out he just couldnt get a connection form inside the mall.

skobabe8
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
omg its so weird that you said this. i just got back from the mall, and the weirdest thing happened. so i was walking from spencers gifts to brookstone and i happened to run into none other than brooks boyer. now, it was weird enough seing brooks boyer at brookstone. i gues he probably just really likes the store, most people do anyway. so brooks had one of those sidekick things (lol, i guess he likes cool gadgets - being in brookstone with a sidekick). i wwalked up to him to say hi and tell him how good of a job hes been doing. anyway, so i said hi and started tlaking to him. somehow the subject of his sidekick not working right came up. my freind used to have a sidekcik and i told him maybe i could help him with it. he told me he was trying to send a text message to somebody, but it wouldnt wokr. so he handed it to me, and i was foolin around with it, and i saw the text he was triying to send it said "to:jreins@whitesox.com cc:kwill@whitesox.com re:blue. hey jerry. got ur msg bout blu. so its oficial, no smurfs allwd in prk in 2k7. -brooks"

not sure what the point of it was, but my brother was there, and he saw it to. i had to hand it to him cuz he thought he could fix the sidekick. turns out he just couldnt get a connection form inside the mall.

Thank god. I am sick and tired of seeing those damn smurfs at the park all the time.

Iwritecode
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
We better make sure we ban all blue clothing from the stadium too. That includes jeans.

:rolleyes:

jdm2662
03-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Personally, I like the color blue. Hell, they can paint the stadium pink for all I care. As long as they continue to put a good product on the field, they can play, paint, call, etc the stadium how ever they want.

spiffie
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Personally, I like the color blue. Hell, they can't paint the stadium pink for all I care. As long as they continue to put a good product on the field, they can play, paint, call, etc the stadium how ever they want.
I absolutely guarantee that if the stadium was painted hot pink you would go to less games :D:

TomBradley72
03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I was down there today (used the gift shop as an excuse to see the park. :cool: ). I was thinking the same thing...hopefully they'll complete a few more finishing touches...but the park looks absolutely beautiful...the transformation from about five years ago is pretty stunning.

I also noticed that it looks like they are putting a patio area in left center field..anyone else her anything about that?

skottyj242
03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
If you choke a smurf what color does it turn?

The Dude
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
If you choke a smurf what color does it turn?

Probably burnt sienna.

gobears1987
03-22-2007, 03:51 PM
And there are two blue seats that need to go. Who cares if Paulie and Pods hit a HR. GO CUBS!

paciorek1983
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I was down there today (used the gift shop as an excuse to see the park. :cool: ). I was thinking the same thing...hopefully they'll complete a few more finishing touches...but the park looks absolutely beautiful...the transformation from about five years ago is pretty stunning.

I also noticed that it looks like they are putting a patio area in left center field..anyone else her anything about that?

That area has always been there, but I'm not sure what they use it for.

Interesting that you got to go to the gift shop today, as I do the same thing for an excuse to see the park. But I went down there this past saturday and it was closed. I was really disappointed, as I brought my gf and her son with me. I thought it was strange it was closed on a saturday.:(:

thomas35forever
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I absolutely guarantee that if the stadium was painted hot pink you would go to less games :D:
Has anybody heard about that visiting college football locker room that's completely pink? It's supposed to have a psychological effect on the players.

jabrch
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Has anybody heard about that visiting college football locker room that's completely pink? It's supposed to have a psychological effect on the players.

Iowa - right?

MikeLove
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Iowa - right?

Yep, it's Iowa. Hayden Fry had it painted pink.

from wikipedia: "And Fry had the visitors’ locker room painted pink. Fry, a psychology major at Baylor, knew that pink is occasionally used in jails and mental institutions to relax and pacify the residents, and Fry claimed that it might have the same effect on the visiting team. Principally, though, Fry hoped that the unusual color would distract and fluster the opposing players and coaches."

there was a big hubbub a year or 2 ago because someone around here was trying to get the locker room color changed. They said it was offensive to women or homosexuals or something, i forget the exact details. Stupid PC stuff! Anyways, it's still pink :D:

Even the meanest football player would probably be a little disturbed when hes using a pink urinal lol

jdm2662
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Remember Al said "Just Win Baby". It applies for me. However, you got to admit, pink would be a rather ugly color in the stadium. :D:

NorthSideSox72
03-23-2007, 08:29 AM

Not to be a party pooper here, but... maybe we shouldn't be airing those email addresses here? Those two probably have a few different emails addys, and those are probably the internal-only ones. I wouldn't think Brooks would have wanted this information sprayed out in public (the email addresses I mean).

skottyj242
03-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Not to be a party pooper here, but... maybe we shouldn't be airing those email addresses here? Those two probably have a few different emails addys, and those are probably the internal-only ones. I wouldn't think Brooks would have wanted this information sprayed out in public (the email addresses I mean).

Party pooper.