PDA

View Full Version : Garcia hurt

dwalteroo
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Seems like Lieber won't be moved anytime soon:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/102-03222007-1318358.html

thomas35forever
03-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Already a thread on this in Talking Baseball.

Seriously though, hope Freddy's injury's not too serious.

dwalteroo
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Doh. Mods, feel free to remove.

DrCrawdad
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Are any Sox fans, or any other fans, who watched Garcia pitch last season surprised that he's hurt?

FarWestChicago
03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Are any Sox fans, or any other fans, who watched Garcia pitch last season surprised that he's hurt?I am. Ask Paul Drake, Santo and some of the FOBB's. Freddy makes Lefty Grove and Bob Gibson look like horse****. He may be the greatest pitcher to have ever stepped on the mound.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I am. Ask Paul Drake, Santo and some of the FOBB's. Freddy makes Lefty Grove and Bob Gibson look like horse****. He may be the greatest pitcher to have ever stepped on the mound.
West transcends teal. :thumbsup:

RKMeibalane
03-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I am. Ask Paul Drake, Santo and some of the FOBB's. Freddy makes Lefty Grove and Bob Gibson look like horse****. He may be the greatest pitcher to have ever stepped on the mound.

You forgot to add that his son's name is Chuck Norris.

DrCrawdad
03-23-2007, 10:47 PM

I wish Freddy success, but watching him last season it was quite clear that he was struggling to heave each pitch in there with a bit of velocity. Freddy won a bunch of games on his cunning and adapting to a junk ball style, a style suited for a guy who's arm was shot.

RKMeibalane
03-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I wonder if that Dark Cloud who was whining in the Scott Danks thread is going to come back here and make excuses.

Foulke You
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
I wish Freddy success, but watching him last season it was quite clear that he was struggling to heave each pitch in there with a bit of velocity. Freddy won a bunch of games on his cunning and adapting to a junk ball style, a style suited for a guy who's arm was shot.
His velocity was down last year for sure but I wouldn't say his arm was "shot". He was still hitting about 89-90mph late in the season. He also went 5W-0L down the stretch when we needed him most. Freddy is a workhorse who avgs 200+ innings per year. I have no doubt that he'll have a lot of success in the weak NL when he heals up.

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Scott Danks

I thought his name was John Danks.:dunno:

I guess you truly can't tell the players without a scorecard.

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Freddy makes Lefty Grove and Bob Gibson look like horse****. He may be the greatest pitcher to have ever stepped on the mound.

Yes,but is he better than Sandy Koufax??:redneck :roflmao: :roflmao: