PDA

View Full Version : Yanks won't offer A-Rod an extension

IndianWhiteSox
03-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Here's the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aq.qRdpHoQlCBRYaMzlHvlYRvLYF?slug=ap-yankees-rodriguez&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Alex has a significant contract. The most significant in baseball history," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Wednesday. "He has a decision to make. It's in his contract. It's a right he's earned."

MUsoxfan
03-22-2007, 02:40 AM
So they're not willing to give him the necessary bump that an extension of a high-caliber player would require? Good for the Yanks. Why pay the guy more than $25m when he's been relatively worthless when the dollar matters

jabrch
03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Good for the Yanks. Why pay the guy more than $25m when he's been relatively worthless when the dollar matters

Since joining the Yanks, Rodriguez has averaged .300/.389/.550 with an average of 40 HRs, 120 RBI and 115 Runs and 21 SBs. I'm very unsure of this conclusion that seems to have permeated baseball that he doesn't play when "it matters". If we are talking just about the playoffs, he pounded the ball in the 2004 post season (.421/.476/.737 in the ALDS) but struggled in a 15 and 14 AB sequence the two following years.

Alex Rodriguez is one of the top hitters in this game. Before being moved to 3B, he was also one of the top defensive IFs in the game.

I'd love to have him in the middle of our order, and playing SS in 2008.

MUsoxfan
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I'd love to have him in the middle of our order, and playing SS in 2008.

For $27-30m/per? Pass

chitownhawkfan
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Unless he feels like doing a little charity work, you won't see him playing on the Sox. Maybe Boston

The Immigrant
03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Unless he feels like doing a little charity work, you won't see him playing on the Sox. Maybe Boston

Or Anaheim - that gets him as far away from NYC as possible. I don't think he wants any part of Boston.

soxfanatlanta
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Or Anaheim - that gets him as far away from NYC as possible. I don't think he wants any part of Boston.

+1; they would eat him for lunch in Boston; you would have to put the man on suicide watch.

IndianWhiteSox
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
For $27-30m/per? Pass

I could only imagine how this plays out:

:KW

Hello Mr. Bor....Rick get your ass in here!

*Enters Rick Hahn*

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/exe_mugs/hahn.jpg

"Yes Mr. Williams?"

:KW

You handle the negotiations, I'm not talking to this punkass bitch! I have to rip off more teams.

No problem Mr. Williams. *as Rick Hahn gives off a fake smile*

So Mr. Boras what are the conditions we're looking for Crede to stay in a White Sox uniform?

:borass:

"For starters the magic numbers are 5/15/75 to start out with. Then you have to sign Chan Ho Park and Jeff Weaver to about 5 years and 50 million. to even consider thinking about A-Rod. Not that this team likes to spend money since Uncle Jerry is a stooge in his own right."

:reinsy

*Jerry overhears comments*

"What was that Boras?"

:borass:

"Oh nothing, anyway what do you say Mr. Hahn?"

Well we would really like to bring back Crede, but at these requests? I'm not sure that it's a possibility at this point? Let me ask Uncle Jerry for a quick second.

:reinsy

Tell him to go **** himself and rip off someone else. Last time we dealt with this nonsense was with this guy:
:maggs

This would only be the begginning.

Seriously though, I just think that the only way A-Rod signs is if Crede signs to a long term deal after THIS YEAR

tick53
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
He and Piniella love each other. I'm willing to bet A Rod goes to the enemies.

Domeshot17
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
HAHA, Arod to the Cubs would be great. Counting him lee soriano errormis lilly marquis and zambrano (and this is assuming zambrano and arod each get 20 a year) you are talking a payroll of 103 million dollars....FOR 8 PLAYERS

tick53
03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
HAHA, Arod to the Cubs would be great. Counting him lee soriano errormis lilly marquis and zambrano (and this is assuming zambrano and arod each get 20 a year) you are talking a payroll of 103 million dollars....FOR 8 PLAYERS

That's what I'm talking about. Let 'em spend it.

FedEx227
03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I can only imagine how the Cubs could screw A-Rod up even more. Possibly play him in RF and bat him 7th?

Jaffar
03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
FedEx...I love the Free BA stuff. I keep hearing all this Arod to the Cubs nonsense but I can't really figure out what they would give the Yankees for him unless we are talking free agency but Ithink arod will be the least of thier worries since they'll prob need a real CF/RF/SS and a starting pitcher or two most likely.

IndianWhiteSox
03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
FedEx...I love the Free BA stuff. I keep hearing all this Arod to the Cubs nonsense but I can't really figure out what they would give the Yankees for him unless we are talking free agency but Ithink arod will be the least of their worries since they'll prob need a real CF/RF/SS and a starting pitcher or two most likely.

If A-Rod went to any other team, he would probably play SS. But I do agree with you on the fact that the sCrUBS would need a CF and RF even if they did sign A-Rod.