PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Songs

chisox59
03-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I found this while searching the net and wondered if anyone had these for posting on the "White Sox Fight Songs" page. I'm not sure if there would be copyright problems, etc. but I hadn't heard either of these (it's sometimes tough to live 1000 miles away) and my curiousity was aroused.

WHITE SOX GLORY PUT TO SONG…

The White Sox rocked in the world series, causing celebrations in the streets, in the clubs and in the local record studios!
Two region artists have recorded timely White Sox tribute songs.
Sixties chart-toppers The American Breed (of “Bend Me, Shape Me” fame), released a very cool pop salute to The White Sox called – “Rock With The Sox” – produced by Grammy winning engineer and American Breed member, Gary Loizzo.
The second song is by guitarist Joe Jammer, a former roadie for Jimmy Page during his Zeppelin days turned local legend. Jammer’s “Play Ball: White Sox Victory” rocks out harder, as expected.
Like any true South Sider, Jammer still refers to the site of the Sox glory as “Comisky Park” and not as the corporate-bought “Cellular Field.”

eriqjaffe
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
"Rock With The Sox" was written back a few years. I have an MP3 of it somewhere, but not with me.

I actually picked up a copy at my local library, here's a link to the catalog page:

http://iii.ahml.info/search/?searchtype=X&searcharg=%22rock+with+the+sox%22&searchscope=5&SORT=D&extended=0&SUBMIT=Search&searchlimits=&searchorigarg=tchicago+songs

According to the library, the disc it's on was published in 1993.

RadioheadRocks
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I have a CD copy of "Rock With The Sox" by the American Breed. Got it off eBay sometime last year; keep checking back on eBay every now and then, it's not a bad song!

chisox59
03-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I didn't see anything on ebay. Amazon had the album with "Rock With The Sox" on it but it was $30+ for a used copy. Gemm had the same thing for over $40. I went to Beverly Records (they have a store in Blue Island) and found CD singles of both. One was $6 and the other was $10. Thanks for your help.