PDA

View Full Version : Freddy with a bicep injury

CHIsoxNation
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Hours after the Phillies announced that Jon Lieber would pitch out of the bullpen to start the season, starter Freddy Garcia left Wednesday night's game against the Blue Jays with tightness in his right bicep after throwing 32 pitches.

I hope it's nothing serious. I'm sure this will put to rest any rumors of the Sox trying to trade for Lieber and Rowand.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070321&content_id=1853591&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp

getonbckthr
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Only 32 pitches must not have been a big enough game.
Seriously though as much as I liked the trade I hope everything is ok with Freddy.

Brian26
03-21-2007, 08:31 PM
:dumbash
"Don't look at me. I told them not to do it."

balke
03-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I can really see Lieber being a big surprise for the Phillies. To me they look like the best in the NL. They'll need Garcia if they're gonna win though.

oeo
03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
This trade is looking better already.

palehozenychicty
03-22-2007, 09:51 AM

What he said. It feels like Gordon Ash, part deux.

chisoxmike
03-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Yeah becauase Gavin Floyd or whoever is going to be our 5th starter is going to win 15+ games this year. :rolleyes:

palehozenychicty
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah becauase Gavin Floyd or whoever is going to be our 5th starter is going to win 15+ games this year. :rolleyes:

I think the money saved is the bigger upside to this trade, in the case that a Floyd, etc. doesn't pan out. They can get a top-tier starter through trade and assume some salary. Freddy had tremendous run support through most of the year. At the All-star break last year, everyone was calling for his head.

IndianWhiteSox
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
:dumbash
"Don't look at me. I told them not to do it."

:roflmao::roflmao:

What are you talking about, Gavin Floyd will go 15-8 how many times do I have to tell you people. Seriously, the guy doesn't suck as much as some of the posters have been saying. I mean, I know Floyd has been roughed up a little bit, but the fact is he has made great progress under Coop and will be a good #5 pitcher for us this year.

oeo
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Roll your eyes all you want...I'd rather have a healthy Gavin Floyd than a guy that is likely out of shape and will be in and out of injuries all year. Freddy Garcia is not the Freddy Garcia of two years ago.

Not only that, but we also got a very good young lefty, as well as Floyd, for someone we were not going to re-sign anyway.

soxfanatlanta
03-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Roll your eyes all you want...I'd rather have a healthy Gavin Floyd than a guy that is likely out of shape and will be in and out of injuries all year.

He looks to be in no worse shape than last season (all photos I founds were copywrited, so I cannot post the here). Well, other than the injury. :smile:

Bottom line is that he is the Phillie's problem now. I hope he gets well; I am flying up to to Philadelphia in May, and I hope to see him start.

oeo
03-22-2007, 12:56 PM
He looks to be in no worse shape than last season (all photos I founds were copywrited, so I cannot post the here). Well, other than the injury. :smile:

Bottom line is that he is the Phillie's problem now. I hope he gets well; I am flying up to to Philadelphia in May, and I hope to see him start.

No worse shape = out of shape. He definitely was not in shape last year.

soxfanatlanta
03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
No worse shape = out of shape. He definitely was not in shape last year.

That sir, was an understatement.

thedudeabides
03-22-2007, 01:26 PM
According to Rotoworld, nothing was found in the exam and he should be ready for opening day.