PDA

View Full Version : Comcast story on renovations

paciorek1983
03-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Did anyone see it? I casught the very end. I think they mentioned that they still have plans for future renovations. Can anyone fill me in on all that was in the piece?

eriqjaffe
03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Did anyone see it? I casught the very end. I think they mentioned that they still have plans for future renovations. Can anyone fill me in on all that was in the piece?There are these two blue seats they forgot to replace for some reason, apparently they were hit by something.

chisoxfan83
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
There are these two blue seats they forgot to replace for some reason, apparently they were hit by something.

:redneck thats great!

MCHSoxFan
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Will it be on SportsNite? I really want to see that!

greenpeach
03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Did anyone see it? I casught the very end. I think they mentioned that they still have plans for future renovations. Can anyone fill me in on all that was in the piece?

I didn't see the program, but didn't they talk about putting a right field porch in like old Tiger Stadium ? I think Jerry said that they ran out of US Cellular money before they could start it.

SaltyPretzel
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I didn't see the program, but didn't they talk about putting a right field porch in like old Tiger Stadium ? I think Jerry said that they ran out of US Cellular money before they could start it.

I think that would be tacky at this point. It looks good the way it is. However, I would like to see a new scoreboard along with a better out of town scoreboard while getting rid of the billboards.

esbrechtel
03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I saw it pretty much if you read the boards at all you know about the renovations he discussed IE angled seats, new suites, etc.....

OzzieBall2004
03-21-2007, 08:55 PM
However, I would like to see a new scoreboard along with a better out of town scoreboard while getting rid of the billboards.

I bet they'll update the scoreboard soon, but those billboards pay the bills over there....don't hold your breath on that one...

SaltyPretzel
03-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I bet they'll update the scoreboard soon, but those billboards pay the bills over there....don't hold your breath on that one...

I won't, but since the Robert Taylor Homes aren't around anymore, there isn't any eyesore to look at.

santo=dorf
03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
BRING BACK ROOFTOP SHOTS! :cool:

chisox77
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't mind the ads (nowdays, when done well, they are attractive, and ads have always been a part of baseball parks), and I have always liked the lattace (it's unique). I'm for some tweaks, like bricking over parts to improve the appearance, as well as fortify the overall structure. Scoreboard improvements and upgrades will happen out of necessity.

:cool:

paciorek1983
03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I won't, but since the Robert Taylor Homes aren't around anymore, there isn't any eyesore to look at.

My quote from the green seats update thread:

One of the things that I've thought about is that they should replace the billboard/lattice design and continue the arched window design into that area. They could put a concourse in between the windows that could be used for a SRO section. Maybe a concourse on the top of the design. I think the arched window design out there would really give the park an iconic look.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/misc/progress.gif

MincHiaPettito
03-21-2007, 11:34 PM
I like our scoreboard, but Id be for something that moves it a little so everyone in the park can see it. Wouldnt be against an update of the OUt of Town Scoreboard either. Dont mind the ads.

There are these two blue seats they forgot to replace for some reason, apparently they were hit by something.

Jerry on the cheap again!

paciorek1983
03-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I saw it pretty much if you read the boards at all you know about the renovations he discussed IE angled seats, new suites, etc.....

chisoxfanatic
03-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I think that would be tacky at this point. It looks good the way it is. However, I would like to see a new scoreboard along with a better out of town scoreboard while getting rid of the billboards.

Ya know, the one thing Skydome has on Comiskey is their out-of-town scoreboards. It would be great to see who's at bat, where the baserunners are, what the pitch count and/or out total is, etc...It can sometimes be sickening when you're scoreboard watching and a half inning seems to take an entire half hour before the finally change it.

kruzer31
03-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Bring back all those great paintings that were hung up on the outfield concourse of sox teams through the years. Also , they should make the out of town scoreboard visible to all seats. If you are in LF, it is blocked by the Center field patio tower

Jeff

WhiteSox5187
03-22-2007, 01:30 AM
That would be so cool if they could do that, but to do that you'd have to rebuild the stadium.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I say bring back the x ramps behind the scoreboard. Not because they'd go anywhere, just because they were cool.

Thome25
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM

The concept art in your sig looks awesome.....The park looks unbelieveable with the greens seats but to me, the porch in RF would be a great final touch.

Wonder if the cost to do something like that would be within reach for JR or if it would cost too much $$$$$

SoxRox
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Be careful of what you wish for: The out of town score board they have in Milwaukee is incorporated into the left field wall. It lights up very brightly, similar to the ad boards they have running around the uppper deck at USCF. Very distracting when you just want to watch the game.

-SoxRox

Bruizer
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Be careful of what you wish for: The out of town score board they have in Milwaukee is incorporated into the left field wall. It lights up very brightly, similar to the ad boards they have running around the uppper deck at USCF. Very distracting when you just want to watch the game.

I hate that scoreboard. It doesn't show all the games at once, so you have to keep watching it to see all the scores.

Bru

tick53
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I wish I could have seen the show on Comcast. Bummer I missed it :(:

paciorek1983
03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
I say bring back the x ramps behind the scoreboard. Not because they'd go anywhere, just because they were cool.

They could incorporate your idea, into my idea. Then, your ramps would go somewhere.

Quote:
One of the things that I've thought about is that they should replace the billboard/lattice design and continue the arched window design into that area. They could put a concourse in between the windows that could be used for a SRO section. Maybe a concourse on the top of the design. I think the arched window design out there would really give the park an iconic look.

ThirdBaseman
03-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I wish I could have seen the show on Comcast. Bummer I missed it :(:

Here ya go:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/C8AA7EA217FD4F86B463874D14C6BFC7/u-s-cellular-field-update.aspx

Thome25
03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/C8AA7EA217FD4F86B463874D14C6BFC7/u-s-cellular-field-update.aspx

That was a great video....especially for those of us who are out of town. The best part of it was at the end where they said that there's likely to be more renovations to come.

The Cell is really becoming an extremely beautiful ballpark. Alot of the old baseball shrines were renovated many times before they became the media favorites they are today.

The retro ballparks that have been built come with a fake, phony, "artificial" history. The Cell seems to be going the way of some of the most beloved old ballparks.....it's getting renovated and things are being added as they go along. The history of the The Cell is being written before our very eyes. The WS did something to the mystique of the ballpark as well.

skottyj242
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the link.

cheeses_h_rice
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Whatever happened to the idea of making the main entrance to the park at the northeast side of the park instead of the northwest, and creating a huge restaurant adjacent to the Fundamentals area? I was all for that.

russ99
03-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I think the focus of the Sox' recent renovations are much too pointed towards premium seats and amenities for suites that regular fans will never see, except for the new seats locations/positioning and the Fundamentals deck.

If the Sox do further renovations, it should be for the regular fans. I like the idea of a right-field deck (like the CF porch) similar in size to Fundamentals (but nowhere as gaudy as the sig photo) or further extensions/amenities (like simlar restaurnts/shops as on the main concourse) for the upper deck.

jenn2080
03-23-2007, 12:37 PM

They ran out of paint, didn't you hear?

chisoxmike
03-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I think the focus of the Sox' recent renovations are much too pointed towards premium seats and amenities for suites that regular fans will never see, except for the new seats locations/positioning and the Fundamentals deck.

Yeah, don't worry we'll be scorned for thinking this, but I was thinking about this the other day. I mean, I'll never sit in the Home Plate Club or Scout Seats, I bet they're nice, but $250 pet ticket. :o: A certain clientel is what they're for. Not average fans. Probably half the people up there arn't even fans of the Sox, just corporate heavyweights that got the tickets.

Then again, you can't blame the Sox for doing it. These are the things that will bring in money and account for securing Season Ticket Sales to a client base that will spend a lot of $$$$. So yeah, there's nothing wrong really with putting these seating areas in.

Thome25
03-23-2007, 12:56 PM

If the Sox do further renovations, it should be for the regular fans. I like the idea of a right-field deck (like the CF porch) similar in size to Fundamentals (but nowhere as gaudy as the sig photo) or further extensions/amenities (like simlar restaurnts/shops as on the main concourse) for the upper deck.

Yeah, don't worry we'll be scorned for thinking this, but I was thinking about this the other day. I mean, I'll never sit in the Home Plate Club or Scout Seats, I bet they're nice, but $250 pet ticket. :o: A certain clientel is what they're for. Not average fans. Probably half the people up there arn't even fans of the Sox, just corporate heavyweights that got the tickets.

Then again, you can't blame the Sox for doing it. These are the things that will bring in money and account for securing Season Ticket Sales to a client base that will spend a lot of $$$$. So yeah, there's nothing wrong really with putting these seating areas in.

Yeah I mean moving the bullpens, bringing the seats up to the outfield wall, making the bullpen sportsbar two-tiered, putting the fan deck in CF, building the fundamentals deck, putting a new roof on the upper deck, closing off the upper deck concourse, putting in all those green seats and angling them towards the field had NOTHING to do with the average fan.

Why not gear this round of renovations to the high-class fans who will help our payroll go up?

chisoxmike
03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah I mean moving the bullpens, bringing the seats up to the outfield wall, making the bullpen sportsbar two-tiered, putting the fan deck in CF, building the fundamentals deck, putting a new roof on the upper deck, closing off the upper deck concourse, putting in all those green seats and angling them towards the field had NOTHING to do with the average fan.

Why not gear this round of renovations to the high-class fans who will help our payroll go up?

I don't think you read what I said. Let me remind you...

chisox77
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I enjoyed the video link.

The park looks terrific. I also like the fact that "more changes" will likely take place. Of course, it helps to be able to celebrate a recent World Series Championship, which has given this franchise an incredible boost.

RhubarbStew
03-23-2007, 04:53 PM
When do we stop with the renovations? The park is fantastic right now. Are we going annually change the park to look different? People can always come up with new ideas of things to add or remove. I plan to enjoy the park as it currently is, which is amazing.

russ99
03-23-2007, 05:53 PM

I was specifically talking about the most recent rounds of renovations, and yes, I know I mentioned Fundamentals.

The Sox are making a big deal in the press (and deservedly so) about this year's additions but it seems to me they're showing off a bright-shiny new toy I'll never get to play with.

Still, I see what your saying, those new seats will give the sox larger revenue, and a higher payroll would certainly be nice. If some $250 seats let the Sox keep Crede & Dye, it would be worth it. Plus the new seat angling will be nice for us regular Joes.

anewman35
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
When do we stop with the renovations? The park is fantastic right now. Are we going annually change the park to look different? People can always come up with new ideas of things to add or remove. I plan to enjoy the park as it currently is, which is amazing.

I'm sure the Sox aren't going to keep making changes just to make changes. But if there's little things they can do to improve the park, why not do it?

Red Barchetta
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM

I agree. I also wondered why New Comiskey had the umpire tunnel behind home plate when it originally opened. I thought at the time that wastes what would be the most expensive seats in the ballpark. Plus, it looked like crap on TV from the CF camera. I'm surprised the Scout Seats idea took so long to become reality.

Makes you wonder what kind of focus groups, if any, were considered prior to the original design being finalized.

soxfan80
03-24-2007, 01:45 AM
I agree. I also wondered why New Comiskey had the umpire tunnel behind home plate when it originally opened. I thought at the time that wastes what would be the most expensive seats in the ballpark. Plus, it looked like crap on TV from the CF camera. I'm surprised the Scout Seats idea took so long to become reality.

Makes you wonder what kind of focus groups, if any, were considered prior to the original design being finalized.
:dollarbill:

WhiteSox5187
03-24-2007, 03:25 AM
This might be a stupid idea, but I'm full of 'em, how about painting the park white like the old one?

anewman35
03-24-2007, 10:46 AM
This might be a stupid idea, but I'm full of 'em, how about painting the park white like the old one?

Just curious, did anybody actually LIKE the old park white? I think it looks a lot better in old pictures before they painted it.

soxfan80
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Just curious, did anybody actually LIKE the old park white? I think it looks a lot better in old pictures before they painted it.I grew up with it, but the exposed brick is nicher.

chisox77
03-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I did not like the white at all. Along with the blue, it made the park look like a plastic pop out model. I like darker colors, like greens and grays, and the black on the lattice tones it down nicely. All that white made the park look very cheap and sterile.

bigfoot
03-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Just curious, did anybody actually LIKE the old park white? I think it looks a lot better in old pictures before they painted it.

Others may have more pertinent info about the white paint, however I would guess that the painting of the old park had more to do with sealing lot of crumbling bricks, than a desire to make it white.

jschvach
03-24-2007, 05:18 PM
What I'd like to see is that concept of the "homerun porch" in right field, but with a little twist . . . I think it would cool if they made that lawn seats like in spring training stadiums in the outfield. Make it general addmission for that section . . . you get there early for a game, pick a spot, lay down a blanket . . . have a picnic and enjoy the game . . . i think a lawn section would be very cool.

What does everyone else think?

jschvach
03-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I forgot to add one more thing . . i think the concrete facade behing home plate needs to go . . . since they redid the concourses with that brick . . . i think it greatly improved the look. I wouldnd't mind seeing all the facade behind home plate be brick . . . the same way that when you look behind those scout seats, they have that brick wall.

santo=dorf
03-24-2007, 06:26 PM
What I'd like to see is that concept of the "homerun porch" in right field, but with a little twist . . . I think it would cool if they made that lawn seats like in spring training stadiums in the outfield. Make it general addmission for that section . . . you get there early for a game, pick a spot, lay down a blanket . . . have a picnic and enjoy the game . . . i think a lawn section would be very cool.

What does everyone else think?
The Sox aren't a minor League team.

If they would be for it, I'd like to see those huge "expressway signs" changed to something else. I expect there to be advertising at the park, but those signs are too big. As for my sig, I don't like the big ass signs ontop, (hang our pennants from there instead) but I would like a smaller version of what they have in Arlington.

Keep the suggestions coming because it seems like the changes being made to the ballpark were suggested here before they were made.

These includes green seats, angled seats, the next Sox Statue (how Fisk should be posed and having the keystone combo,) adding things to the walls as you go down the exit ramp (I would still like some painted murals with each wall dedicated to a specific decade) and moving Jackie Robinson away from the Sox retired players and make him stand out (I had this suggestion. :D: )

tick53
03-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Here ya go:

Thanks ThirdBaseman, I really appreciated that!:smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Keep the suggestions coming because it seems like the changes being made to the ballpark were suggested here before they were made.

I suggested the scoreboard be quadrupled in size and each of the rocket launchers turned into recoiling howitzers. That was back in 1997 and they still haven't done it.

Bastards.
:redneck

Mr.1Dog
03-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I forgot to add one more thing . . i think the concrete facade behing home plate needs to go . . . since they redid the concourses with that brick . . . i think it greatly improved the look. I wouldnd't mind seeing all the facade behind home plate be brick . . . the same way that when you look behind those scout seats, they have that brick wall.

Flub fans would have a field day with that. Remember when they put the bushes and ivy on the batter's eye? I think it looks fine the way it is. A few other parks have the brick behind homeplate. I think they should put an aquarium with rare and exotic fish. Now that's innovation.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I suggested the scoreboard be quadrupled in size and each of the rocket launchers turned into recoiling howitzers.

:rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

Luke
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Flub fans would have a field day with that. Remember when they put the bushes and ivy on the batter's eye? I think it looks fine the way it is. A few other parks have the brick behind homeplate. I think they should put an aquarium with rare and exotic fish. Now that's innovation.

I wouldn't mind seeing brick behind home plate if it was Chicago gold brick. No red like that other park.

jschvach
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Thats what I meant. I think that gold brick would be nice. . . and i didn't mean for the brick to be the backstop. it wouldn't be behind home plate like Wrigleys backstop. It would be on the face of the backdrop . . . where the press box used to be, and the front of the club level seats and the front of the upper deck seating.. . . I don't want the brick on the field . . . that's just stupid . . . just asking for an injury.

SALUKIS15
03-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I've always said that they should brick the exterior of the park. The pre-fab concrete just doesn't look as good as brick.

RadioheadRocks
03-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Or we could get Hildi from Trading Spaces to have it done up in feathers or cardboard. :rolling: :rolling:

mrwag
03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I've been a fan of the "home-run porch" since first hearing about it. They need to add more lower priced seating in a bad way, as many have pointed out just about everything they've done recently has been geared towards the high dollar tickets. Have it sponsored by Coke or something, make it geared towards families, and give Thome something to aim for :D:

chisox77
03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
A second tier above the right field concourse and seating area would be a good idea. It would not have to be connected, in terms of style, to the regular upper deck. But there can be an area (a natural space or gap) in between that could serve as a cool gathering area, where folks who have regular UD seats can go and enjoy some fresh air, and a view of the game or the lakefront. In fact, the second tier, or porch, does not have to be aligned with the UD at all, but the space or gap in between them would have two patio levels, that would allow for the regular UD to be connected to this area. Think of the possibilities this new in between space can offer - not just a cool view, though that may be enough.

As I read what I just wrote, I hope this makes sense. The "home run" porch that has been discussed in some of these threads does not have to be a large seating area (at most, it could add about 2,000 more seats, they would possibly offer a better view than the usual UD seats). It would look good, offer a different style and perspective of UD seating, would feature its own "enclosed" area of concessions in the back of the structure, yet create a unique space in between it and the UD, that would add some benefit for UD ticket holders. Can anyone visualize this? If not, I understand.

PalehosePlanet
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
A second tier above the right field concourse and seating area would be a good idea. It would not have to be connected, in terms of style, to the regular upper deck. But there can be an area (a natural space or gap) in between that could serve as a cool gathering area, where folks who have regular UD seats can go and enjoy some fresh air, and a view of the game or the lakefront. In fact, the second tier, or porch, does not have to be aligned with the UD at all, but the space or gap in between them would have two patio levels, that would allow for the regular UD to be connected to this area. Think of the possibilities this new in between space can offer - not just a cool view, though that may be enough.

As I read what I just wrote, I hope this makes sense. The "home run" porch that has been discussed in some of these threads does not have to be a large seating area (at most, it could add about 2,000 more seats, they would possibly offer a better view than the usual UD seats). It would look good, offer a different style and perspective of UD seating, would feature its own "enclosed" area of concessions in the back of the structure, yet create a unique space in between it and the UD, that would add some benefit for UD ticket holders. Can anyone visualize this? If not, I understand.

I can absolutely picture it and it sounds great. The only thing I would suggest though, if that were done, would be to move the scoreboard to left-center so everyone would have a good line of vision at the board.

Milw
03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I think they should put an aquarium with rare and exotic fish.
I know you're being facetious with that, but I'm picturing it in my mind and I can't help thinking it would be pretty awesome. :tongue:

Red Barchetta
03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats what I meant. I think that gold brick would be nice. . . and i didn't mean for the brick to be the backstop. it wouldn't be behind home plate like Wrigleys backstop. It would be on the face of the backdrop . . . where the press box used to be, and the front of the club level seats and the front of the upper deck seating.. . . I don't want the brick on the field . . . that's just stupid . . . just asking for an injury.

This is exactly what I had talked with Brooks about during the playoffs in 2005 when I ran into him at the post game party. I also think it would be cool if the pressbox had a slightly different brick color to give it more of a box look behind home plate.

The park looks great. Hopefully these small tweaks to finish it off will be completed. The concrete particularly looks bad on the side of the Stadium Club in RF and in the bullpens IMO.

jschvach
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I think they need to put that homerun porch out in right field.

BTW, Does any one else notice how when you look into left field from behind home plate, the fan deck shades the area and you can see right through the back of the stadium . . . the same way you could see the archs at old comiskey when looking through the stadium??

paciorek1983
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
out of all the ideas on this thread, I think mine is still the best.:smile:

soxfan80
03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm ok with the rennovations, but I've heard from quite a few people that the rennovations suck. Something to do with deterioiated sightlines(remember when we had NO obstructed view?), and too much of a circus feel. That and the sox' innate abilty to find a way to charge for what was free(fan deck, fundamentals, bullpen bar).
Since casual fans are pretty much morons(who think quirky ballparks are cute), i see a need for some of these rennovations(and we DID end up building psuedo rooftops a la wrigley, they're called the fan deck and fundamentals), but not everyone likes it.

skobabe8
03-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm ok with the rennovations, but I've heard from quite a few people that the rennovations suck. Something to do with deterioiated sightlines(remember when we had NO obstructed view?), and too much of a circus feel. That and the sox' innate abilty to find a way to charge for what was free(fan deck, fundamentals, bullpen bar).
Since casual fans are pretty much morons(who think quirky ballparks are cute), i see a need for some of these rennovations(and we DID end up building psuedo rooftops a la wrigley, they're called the fan deck and fundamentals), but not everyone likes it.

Circus feel? :?:

Fundamentals isnt free? :?:

Psuedo rooftops? :?:

soxfan80
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Circus feel? :?:

Fundamentals isnt free? :?:

Psuedo rooftops? :?:well, the sox do seem to rent it out often during the season, and it was supposed to only be kids up there, not a bunch of frat boys hanging off the railing getting thier drink on.

as for the "psuedo rooftops" the fundamental's deck and fan deck's view is not that different from photos i've seen of a typical wrigley rooftop. and the sox do rent out both for private events before and during games, a la wrigley rooftops.

Steelrod
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
No matter what happens, we can always depend on someone being unhappy!

comiskey2000
03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah the Sox need to stop renting out the FanDeck. All fans (with the appropriate ticket of course) should be able to enjoy it. I hate getting to the game and seeing I can't go up there.

Frankfan4life
03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
I know it's impossible. But I'd like a retractable roof. Just think about it, no more rain-delays or rain-outs, no more real cold days or real hot days, and enhanced crowd noise when the roof is closed. Plus it's another thing that would set us apart from that stink-hole on the other side of town.

Okay, you may all stone me now, one at a time please. :smile:

chisoxmike
03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
I know it's impossible. But I'd like a retractable roof. Just think about it, no more rain-delays or rain-outs, no more real cold days or real hot days, and enhanced crowd noise when the roof is closed. Plus it's another thing that would set us apart from that stink-hole on the other side of town.

No way. Sorry.

IlliniSox4Life
03-31-2007, 05:22 PM

Worst. Idea. Ever.

skobabe8
03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
well, the sox do seem to rent it out often during the season, and it was supposed to only be kids up there, not a bunch of frat boys hanging off the railing getting thier drink on.

as for the "psuedo rooftops" the fundamental's deck and fan deck's view is not that different from photos i've seen of a typical wrigley rooftop. and the sox do rent out both for private events before and during games, a la wrigley rooftops.

I've never seen the Fundamentals deck rented out. EVER. You may not have been allowed up there without a youngster, but thats not because it was rented by a group of frat boys. There's no liqour allowed there anyway.

I've never been on a Wrigley rooftop, but theres simply no way in hell the view of the game is better than the Fan Deck. How far away are those rooftops compared to the Fan Deck?

itsnotrequired
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I've never seen the Fundamentals deck rented out. EVER. You may not have been allowed up there without a youngster, but thats not because it was rented by a group of frat boys. There's no liqour allowed there anyway.

I've never been on a Wrigley rooftop, but theres simply no way in hell the view of the game is better than the Fan Deck. How far away are those rooftops compared to the Fan Deck?

As far as I'm aware, the only time Fundamentals was "rented out" was during the post-season in 2005. It was a VIP area.

RealMenWearBlack
03-31-2007, 06:52 PM
As far as I'm aware, the only time Fundamentals was "rented out" was during the post-season in 2005. It was a VIP area.

If I'm remembering right, it was also rented out for Opening Day 2006. They let people up there without kids in 2005, but I can understand why they want to keep it for people with kids.

Frankfan4life
03-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Worst. Idea. Ever.Thank you.

Frankfan4life
03-31-2007, 07:45 PM
No way. Sorry.Not not now, I know. But I hope it will be a consideration for any new Sox ball park.

skobabe8
03-31-2007, 07:53 PM
I dont think I ever want to see the sox playing under a roof at home. I loved it when Berkman was bitching about how cold it was during the world series. Thats the way it should always be IMO.