PDA

View Full Version : Someone doesn't like the "blue seats"...

OzzieBall2004
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/storage/paper1082/news/2007/02/19/Sports/White.Sox.Commemoration.A.Disgrace-2726651.shtml

Ha! Looks like someone needs to relax.

Changing a Yankee fan to a BoSox fan is a bigger accomplishment than winning a World Series? Please....

I wonder where "Fenway" stands on this issue.

itsnotrequired
03-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Purdue student newspaper "columnist" upset with renovations? How will I ever carry on?

:rolleyes:

This reads like something a young Marriotti would write.

:moron

"I like the cut of your jib, sailor!"

itsnotrequired
03-21-2007, 10:24 AM
As a White Sox fan I am embarrassed by the organizations decision and I find it insulting as a fan of the game to reuse an idea honoring the great Ted Williams.

As a White Sox fan, I am embarrassed that you call yourself a White Sox fan. I also find it insulting that every other team is "reusing" the Sox original idea of playing the Star Spangled Banner before games.

Mr.1Dog
03-21-2007, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes: What a jag.

kobo
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
So hitting the longest homerun in Fenway history is more important than the 2 homeruns hit in Game 2 of the World Series that brought the Sox their first championship in 88 years?

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

sox1970
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
****ing nerd.

russ99
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Are you kidding me? This is an awesome idea. Other stadiums have done this too, like for Aaron's record setting-homer and long distance homers, so why complain now?

I for one can't wait to have a photo taken of myself with my Podsednik jersey draped over "his" seat. :D:

DumpJerry
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Obviously a Cub fan gasbag. The Sox did not "paint" the seats green. Anyone who was at the park last year knows that the green seats are a different model than the blue ones. The back and seat are thinner so there is more room for the butt and legs, they are molded in a different shape with vents in the back and they are angled toward Home.

He needs to get some Ted Williams posters for his dorm room.

jackbrohamer
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Some twerp stomping his little feet in anger over a totally imaginary issue. What a waste of internet space

chisoxmike
03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
MY responce...

Are you really a White Sox fan? Becuase this has nothing to do with the great Ted Williams or the Boston Red Sox, but everything to do with the Chicago White Sox. Those are the two biggest home runs so far in the Sox 100+ year history. The seats are being kept in the stadium becuase they are the biggest home run's that "The Cell" has ever seen. It has nothing to do with how much history the park has seen or comparing Konerko and Podsednik to Williams.

Are you just mad becuase the blue seat is your season ticket and you wanted a green seat like everybody else?

bridgeportcopper
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM
What a TOOL!

cws05champ
03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's game-winning homerun in extra innings of the playoffs were both momentous occasions which should be documented as major accomplishments in White Sox history, but it is nothing less than a crime to do this the same way as the Red Sox.

This guy can not be a Sox fan as he claims to be....he does not even bother to get his facts straight before he writes. Pods HR was in the bottom of the 9th. Any self respecting Sox fan knows that fact!!! He probably just calls himself a fan just to deflect any criticism.

itsnotrequired
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
MY responce...

My response...

Jeez, is Ted Williams your dad? Are you on the Red Sox payroll? Your gushing over the Red Sox is sickening, especially from a self-proclaimed White Sox "fan". The idea of playing the National Anthem before ballgames started with the White Sox. How dare those crumb-bum Red Sox steal the idea! Gimmie a break...

Oh, and the green seats are brand new, not the blue seats repainted. Excellent research.

peeonwrigley
03-21-2007, 11:00 AM
This sounds like someone's 7th grade persuasive writing homework.

Frontman
03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure I can vouch that those seats weren't painted.

:wink:

Front

Mr.1Dog
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
The editor of this paper sucks also.

Even when the old Commisky Park

It's Comiskey imbecile.

Jerko
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
You guys are better than me. I couldn't even make it through that whole article.

CLR01
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
What a TOOL!

I'll second that.

minutia
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Obviously a Cub fan gasbag. The Sox did not "paint" the seats green. Anyone who was at the park last year knows that the green seats are a different model than the blue ones. The back and seat are thinner so there is more room for the butt and legs, they are molded in a different shape with vents in the back and they are angled toward Home.

He needs to get some Ted Williams posters for his dorm room.
Or a snow globe with his head in it.

Luke
03-21-2007, 11:25 AM
As a Purdue alum, let me just say that we're much better at producing engineers than we are journalists.

jackbrohamer
03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
This guy can not be a Sox fan as he claims to be....he does not even bother to get his facts straight before he writes. Pods HR was in the bottom of the 9th. Any self respecting Sox fan knows that fact!!! He probably just calls himself a fan just to deflect any criticism.

His reference to Podsednik hitting the HR in the "playoffs" is another tip-off that he is not a Sox fan. While it's true that the World Series are "playoffs" no real Sox fan would refer to it that way.

C-Dawg
03-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a bitter Red Sox fan who thinks we somehow stole the series in 2005.

Hey Brandon, when are the Red Sox going to commemorate the most significant home run in Fenway Park history? - the one hit by Bucky Dent in the 1978 playoffs!

rocky biddle
03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I heard this guy is the president of the Alpha Beta Douchebag fraternity.

Zing!

tick53
03-21-2007, 01:13 PM
This guy's a pudknocker. Why should he care anyway? People are always find a way to accelerate their blood pressure.

gobears1987
03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Purdue student newspaper "columnist" upset with renovations? How will I ever carry on?

:rolleyes:

This reads like something a young Marriotti would write.

:moron

"I like the cut of your jib, sailor!"

This ******* isn't a student at Purdue. He is a student at a satelite campus because he is probably too retarded to go to the West Lafayette campus, ie the real Purdue.

Mod edit: see you in three days.

gobears1987
03-21-2007, 01:24 PM
As a Purdue alum, let me just say that we're much better at producing engineers than we are journalists.
This guy can't be called a Purdue alum. He goes to Purdue Calumet. Let's not paint him with the same brush of the intelligent people who actually go to the West Laf campus.

Iwritecode
03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Konerko and Podsednik did not by any means hit homeruns of this historic merit and they certainly did not nail any visiting Cubbies fans and turn them into south side supporters.

So hitting a go-ahead grandslam and a walk-off homerun in the first WS for the team since 1959 isn't historic?

Also, it didn't hit a Cubs fan in the head because they had no reason to be there!

:dumbass:

tony1972
03-21-2007, 02:19 PM
http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/storage/paper1082/news/2007/02/19/Sports/White.Sox.Commemoration.A.Disgrace-2726651.shtml

Changing a Yankee fan to a BoSox fan is a bigger accomplishment than winning a World Series? Please....

I wonder where "Fenway" stands on this issue.

He's not much of a White Sox fan if he think the seats where 'painted' green..not replaced..

IndianWhiteSox
03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
What an idiot that guy is seriously, he must be doing too much of this:

:smokin:

thomas35forever
03-21-2007, 03:57 PM
What an idiot. Every team has their own way of marking their history. What's wrong with blue seats? Oh yeah. They don't match the new color scheme.

Huisj
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow. This is truly a horribly written article. A few more things to pick on him about:

The Chicago White Sox organization made a despicable move last week. The seats of U.S. Cellular Field have been painted green with the exception of twoSo the organization decided suddenly two weeks ago to "paint" the seats?

Don't the Boston Red Sox have a seat in Fenway Park honoring Ted William's historic homerun ball?

Who's this Ted William guy?

As a White Sox fan I am embarrassed by the organizations decisionWhich organizations? You mean there was more than one organization behind all this?

Pathetic. I think he need's a course in how to use apostrophe's if he think's he want's to be a writer . . . well, ok, he needs a lot more than just that.

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Mother of God!!! What true White Sox fan in their right mind would have the nerve to downplay the two greatest home runs in White Sox history, let alone rip a decision to commemorate them by marking their locations with a blue seat???!!!

Red Barchetta
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
He's not much of a White Sox fan if he think the seats where 'painted' green..not replaced..

Agreed! That was the first thing I noticed as well. Because of his article, I now feel guilty that we're imposing on Red Sox traditions. NOT! :rolleyes:

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Using his logic, I guess he's also disgusted by the Legacy Brick program, since "it's already been done". :rolleyes:

cheeses_h_rice
03-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey guys, I just looked up "pudwhack" in the dictionary, and I found this:

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper1082/stills/9aw6o415.jpg

Red Barchetta
03-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Using his logic, I guess he's also disgusted by the Legacy Brick program, since "it's already been done". :rolleyes:

Don't go there! The Tribune company created bricks and wall ivy! :D:

roylestillman
03-21-2007, 07:11 PM

This pic and the whole article looks like something out of "The Onion"

veeter
03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
100 bucks says he's a cub fan.

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
100 bucks says he's a cub fan.

Put a cap and some headphones on him, hmmmmmmmmm...

SaltyPretzel
03-21-2007, 07:44 PM
He should be reminded which team was the "Sox" first.

RKMeibalane
03-21-2007, 07:50 PM

Someone should tag this so that we can use it to make fun of trolls and other stupid people who visit the board in the future. :cool:

SABRSox
03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Someone should tag this so that we can use it to make fun of trolls and other stupid people who visit the board in the future. :cool:

Not worth our time.

esbrechtel
03-21-2007, 08:14 PM
someone should seriously email this to him....that is by far the best argument about the "stealing" of ideas.....

Soxfanspcu11
03-21-2007, 08:56 PM
This guy can't be called a Purdue alum. He goes to Purdue Calumet. Let's not paint him with the same brush of the intelligent people who actually go to the West Laf campus.

:?: . I go to Purdue Calumet and the degree that you recieve at Calumet says "Purdue University", not "Purdue University Calumet". The ciriculum is the same, the standards are the same, our grades come from West Lafayette, etc, etc. I agree that the guy is a tard, but insulting people at PUC is a bit childish.

This ******* isn't a student at Purdue. He is a student at a satelite campus because he is probably too retarded to go to the West Lafayette campus, ie the real Purdue.

Umm...again, as I said above, people who go to Purdue Calumet are not "retarded", as a student, I would say that the students at Cal might actually be SMARTER than those at West Lafayette.

The students who go to Cal are going there to get a degree. They are not there to party and sleep with as many coeds as possible. It is a very respectable university. They were FORCED into building dorms off 173rd because of the incredibly large amount of foreign students who wish to attend school there.

And I have encountered many dumbasses at Purdue in Lafayette. I don't have any clue how half of the people I have run into down there even got into that school in the first place.

Let's be honest here, there are really only 2 reasons to go to Lafayette instead of Cal, and one of them is ridiculous.

The first reason, and the valid reason would be to further your education, I.E. master's degrees, PhD's, etc. and to be involved in more of the organizations which are invariably provided at the main university.

The second reason, and the lamest reason is simply to party. I have many friends who straight up told me that they went down to Lafeyette just to get away from home and their parents, to experience something new, and to drink untill they could no longer stand. While getting out of your comfort zone and meeting new people are all valid life experiences, it should not be your lone reason for going.

Let's see, pay 10,000 plus a semester just to party? Or pay 3,000 a semester and take the same ****ing classes??? It's nice to see that you guys are much smarter than those who go to Cal. :rolleyes:

Also, I got 3 days off for using the word "retarded", so I would watch that.

ANYWAY, all of that said, the guy is a piece of ****. I had him in one of my classes a few semesters ago and he told me that he roots for "both teams". The classic line. I wouldn't put much stock into what he says.

ShoelessJoeS
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

I wonder where "Fenway" stands on this issue.:rolleyes:

What a ****ing bozo.

ShoelessJoeS
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper1082/stills/9aw6o415.jpg:rolling:

Someone should tag this so that we can use it to make fun of trolls and other stupid people who visit the board in the future. :cool:I was thinking the same thing.

FielderJones
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I go to Purdue Calumet and the degree that you recieve at Calumet says "Purdue University", not "Purdue University Calumet". The ciriculum is the same, the standards are the same, our grades come from West Lafayette, etc, etc. I agree that the guy is a tard, but insulting people at PUC is a bit childish.

Are you sure that the standards are the same? :wink: :tongue:

goon
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh, I tried to my friend. I tried to leave a comment about the Red Sox originally being the "Americans", then changing their name from Americans to Somersets to Pilgrims, then to the Red Sox in 1907. Yet, their "leave a comment" option doesn't work, so he will never realize how big of a idiot he really is.

I also mentioned that the seats are completely new, not painted...

tony1972
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
I painted my house yellow this summer..

Now no one in the world is allowed to paint their house yellow since I did it and that would be 'copying'.

What a crybaby..:whiner: so if the Red Sox do something..they have an automatic copyright?

Thome25
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Sounds like this guy forgot which Sox he's rooting for. He sounds more like a Wrong Sox fan than a White Sox fan.

Frontman
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM
You'd think the moron would of at least gotten his facts straight before griping. The seats are new, not repainted.

Moron.

Front

bryPt
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
If you try and reply, it will not get approved.

This idiot is a Journalism major? Trying to be like marriotti should get you and automatic failure of any class you take. I hope his instructors fail his arse.

what a moron.

chisoxmike
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
If you try and reply, it will not get approved.

Yeah, I tried to post a comment and it wouldn't work. Damn.

skottyj242
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I can't wait to get a picture with "Joe Borchard's seat."

You guys all need to calm down...you realize it's a student newspaper right? This guy is not getting paid for this, and this whole "which Purdue is better" argument reeks. I thought we were supposed to be somewhat of adults here and a couple of people are being elitist scumbags. I don't see how anybody can get on someone for trying to further their education. They are both accredited UNIVERSITIES.

jenn2080
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I wonder how my brother felt about htat article since he is the co sports editor of the Purdue paper.

jenn2080
03-22-2007, 01:27 PM

You guys all need to calm down...you realize it's a student newspaper right? This guy is not getting paid for this, and this whole "which Purdue is better" argument reeks. I thought we were supposed to be somewhat of adults here and a couple of people are being elitist scumbags. I don't see how anybody can get on someone for trying to further their education. They are both accredited UNIVERSITIES.

They get paid a little for it....at least my bro does. I forget how much an article. I talked to my brother who actually just on the phone with this Brandon cat. He thought his article sucked too.

jenn2080
03-22-2007, 01:33 PM
This kid is a moron.

The little alien is reading our board as we speak.

Jerko
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
This guy must have been the target of the first person who ever called Purdue Purdon't. What a ****ty article now that I've gone back and read it all.

jenn2080
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh, I tried to my friend. I tried to leave a comment about the Red Sox originally being the "Americans", then changing their name from Americans to Somersets to Pilgrims, then to the Red Sox in 1907. Yet, their "leave a comment" option doesn't work, so he will never realize how big of a idiot he really is.

I also mentioned that the seats are completely new, not painted...

He does know now.

skottyj242
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
This kid is a moron.

The little alien is reading our board as we speak.

And he's probably laughing his ass off because we're talking about him, we're doing exactly what he wanted us to. Don't you think that's why Mariotti does what he does? He doesn't care what you think about him as long as you're talking about him. If nobody cared one way or the other he would just go away.

chitownhawkfan
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Who called the proletariat police?

pagansoxfan
03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
yup, i'm a
"retard" bc @ the age of 26, i elected not to put up with the bs that goes with attending a a school whose classes are large enough to where i would be a number, be around a bunch of drunken 18 yr olds, or have my two nephews smell dope coming from across the hall. yup i'm an idiot. while you're at it, why not stereotype other groups of people? hell, with an elitist attitude such as that, why not be a cubs or yankees fan, telling everyone else you're so much above ppl?
i know plenty who earned degrees from the main campus, and are making 7.50 an hour, while some i know from puc work @ nasa. yup, way go to generalizing everyone. the jaws get going before the brain kicks in. "sigh".

chitownhawkfan
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I wonder what the IUPUI people think about all of this?

goon
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
yup, i'm a
"retard" bc @ the age of 26, i elected not to put up with the bs that goes with attending a a school whose classes are large enough to where i would be a number, be around a bunch of drunken 18 yr olds, or have my two nephews smell dope coming from across the hall. yup i'm an idiot. while you're at it, why not stereotype other groups of people? hell, with an elitist attitude such as that, why not be a cubs or yankees fan, telling everyone else you're so much above ppl?
i know plenty who earned degrees from the main campus, and are making 7.50 an hour, while some i know from puc work @ nasa. yup, way go to generalizing everyone. the jaws get going before the brain kicks in. "sigh".

what

RKMeibalane
03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I wonder what the IUPUI people think about all of this?

I didn't even realize there were IUPUI students on this board.

Edit: I do think people need to stop looking their noses at others just because they attended a less prestigous school. I was fortunate to attend a school with a strong reputation (Butler University), and am now in medical school at Indiana University, largely because Butler was the perfect environment for me. A number of my classmates also went to nice schools. Several graduated from Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, etc. However, there are also several who went to so-called "lesser" universities, and they are doing just as well the as everyone else, if not better. Getting a quality education isn't about attending a school with a big name or a national reputation (though that can help). Rather, it is about putting forth the necessary effort in the classroom in order to be successful.

The writer of the article under consideration deserves criticism because his article was poorly written, not because he attends a satelite campus of a state university.

bryPt
03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
well, looky there, some of our posts have made the site. Shocking. It has been 24 hours since I saw this article, so it had time to simmer.

I think we are being too easy on this idiot. Seriously. He is NOT a Sox fan, that is for sure, or he is just one of the dumbest people on earth. Why you would rip the Sox for leaving these 2 seats is absolutely brainless. Every pro team has recorded some type of history making event in some fashion or another. Whether it be a replay on a team DVD of Fisk wishing the ball fair while running down the first base line or having the seat remain where Pods WS game winning home run landed. It called remembering the past, the great moments of a teams history. This f'ing moron doesn't get it.

If this is the future of Journalism, I am never going to read a paper again. This guy is a moron.

itsnotrequired
03-23-2007, 07:28 AM
If nobody cared one way or the other he would just go away.

Was he ever there in the first place?

Sure, this is a student newspaper, not the New York Times but it is a college newspaper, not a junior high newspaper. The factual errors, spelling mistakes, grammar issues, etc. just makes the whole thing stink.

pagansoxfan
03-23-2007, 07:33 AM
the guy is not a sox fan, and obviously a moron. i wrote for that paper for a year, and there is no way i would've ever let that colum run. as others said, he is just writing crap to get others angry. i never wrote anything that dumb, but when i wrote for the paper @ indiana st. i made it a point to write things that would spark controversy. for a student journalist, any atttention good or bad is great for the writer.
@ isu there were some moments that stick out big time. i wrote a colum bashing the breakup of the bulls. since my picture was always above my colums, it was easy for others to recognize me. these two guys in my watering hole saw me, and asked me about the colum. next thing i know, they nearly came to blows with each other because they had varying opinions about what i wrote.
another time, i wrote about the sexual content in what was then the wwf. some idiot called my dorm room @ 3:30 am to gripe, screaming his head off.bottom line is some will write anything just to beg for attention. in my case, it was not that, but i'm a liar if i don't admit that others' reactions did not factor into what i wrote.
as for red sox brandon, consider the source. he's obviously a bitter red flubs fan.morons like him are one reason i loathe that team.

twsoxfan5
03-23-2007, 08:24 AM
****ing nerd.

This is my favorite post ever

IndianWhiteSox
03-23-2007, 08:38 AM

I could think of a word in Hindi or Telugu to say about him, but that might get me in trouble around here, once the mods find out, for evading the language filter.

Jerko
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
WSI's "newest member", WhiteSoxJunkie's profile says he goes to Purdue Calumet........ Famous place these past few days.

DumpJerry
03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
WSI's "newest member", WhiteSoxJunkie's profile says he goes to Purdue Calumet........ Famous place these past few days.
He's not our friend Brandon. Not even close. It is obvious from his profile.

Jerko
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
He's not our friend Brandon. Not even close. It is obvious from his profile.

Yeah, this guy sounds legit.

StillMissOzzie
04-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Semi-hijack, but IIRC, the Houston Astros painted or otherwise marked a certain seat at the old Astrodome where Jimmy "Toy Cannon" Wynn hit a monster HR. I don't recall the historic significance of said HR, perhaps it was only the distance, but this kind of thing HAS happened before.

SMO
:gulp:

Edit: Wynn was the first player EVER to hit a HR into the upper deck at the Astrodome

Frontman
04-01-2007, 07:50 AM
I could think of a word in Hindi or Telugu to say about him, but that might get me in trouble around here, once the mods find out, for evading the language filter.

I could say "Kiss my ###" in Lithuanian, but that doesn't come in handy very often. :D:
Three days for language filter evasion.