PDA

View Full Version : Nice fluff piece about Brian McCann

soxfanatlanta
03-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Link (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2007/03/20/0321mccann.html)

While everybody was oogling over Joe Mauer (and rightfully so), this guy has put up some great numbers himself.

McCann also led the majors with a .471 average with runners in scoring position and two outs.

Not bad for a young'n

I know that people down here are calling for John Schuerholz's head, but the guy's scouting staff can find talent.

Who would you rather have behind home plate, McCann, or Mauer?

VenturaFan23
03-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I believe it. I drafted him on my fantasy team in the second to last round last year as just a 'backup'. By the end of the year, he was my starter because he was lighting it up so much.

Over By There
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I remember a couple seasons ago when Estrada was their hot catching prospect, and I couldn't figure out why they were giving so much playing time to this McCann kid. Now I understand...

I'd probably take McCann... just so I didn't have to look at the 90210 sideburns... :D:

Grzegorz
03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I believe it. I drafted him on my fantasy team in the second to last round last year as just a 'backup'. By the end of the year, he was my starter because he was lighting it up so much.

Same here; I am not sure of the round I drafted him be he was to be my backup. Boy was I wrong...

DSpivack
03-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Not sure how great of a catcher defensively McCann is; not saying he is or is not good, just not sure. Braves have two good prospects at the position, Saltalamacchia (although he took a step back offensively last year) and Clint Sammons. If Scott Thorman doesn't work out at 1B in the next couple years; if Saltalamacchia and/or Sammons is ready; and especially if McCann develops into an offensive stud, I could see a move to first.