PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket holder question...

chisoxmike
03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I logged onto my account today and noticed a new section on the home page. It was called " View and Request Right to first refusal" tickets to upcoming events.

Anybody know anything about this and what it is?

Jerko
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I saw it but didn't click on it as I was too busy wondering why the May 12th and 13 games vs. KC and the May 26 and 27 games vs. TB don't have a sell option, just a forward option. :dunno:

Jerko
03-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I logged onto my account today and noticed a new section on the home page. It was called " View and Request Right to first refusal" tickets to upcoming events.

Anybody know anything about this and what it is?

I'm wondering if it's for non-Sox events at Sox park (not that there are that many of them) like concerts and stuff. Maybe we get first crack at those after a certain date. PURELY a guess though.....

champagne030
03-20-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm wondering if it's for non-Sox events at Sox park (not that there are that many of them) like concerts and stuff. Maybe we get first crack at those after a certain date. PURELY a guess though.....

FWIW, the Bulls do it for most UC events.

Scottiehaswheels
03-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Anybody know anything about this and what it is?As STH we have the right of first refusal for tickets for events held at USCF. I think they set aside a portion of tickets for whatever potential concert there is for STH... Lots of teams do this for different events... Just the first time the Sox have offered it...

I doubt we'll see a concert there anytime soon though... too many bad memories of Disco Demolition Night; and the Sodfather would probably be having a cow LOL

Bruizer
03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I saw it but didn't click on it as I was too busy wondering why the May 12th and 13 games vs. KC and the May 26 and 27 games vs. TB don't have a sell option, just a forward option. :dunno:

Not just these games. Altogether you can't sell any of your KC, A's, Marlins, TB, Orioles, or Cleveland games, other than the opening series. I suspect they still have a lot of tickets for these series, so they want to try and sell their tickets first before the TS holders sell theirs.

Bru

anewman35
03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I doubt we'll see a concert there anytime soon though... too many bad memories of Disco Demolition Night; and the Sodfather would probably be having a cow LOL

They've had concerts before, though. Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones come to mind. Those were both while Soldier Field was being renovated, I think.

Chez
03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
They've had concerts before, though. Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones come to mind. Those were both while Soldier Field was being renovated, I think.

Right. And as season ticket holders we had the option to purchase tickets to those shows before they were made available to the general public.

Scottiehaswheels
03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
They've had concerts before, though. Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones come to mind. Those were both while Soldier Field was being renovated, I think.Sorry you're right... I meant now since they don't have any outside venues under construction... Highly unlikely the Cell will host anything this year I mean...

Timmy D's
03-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I suspect they still have a lot of tickets for these series, so they want to try and sell their tickets first before the TS holders sell theirs.

Bru

That's what I was told last year, when I inquired as to why some games "sale" wasnt an option. They later became sellable after the Sox sold their Mendoza line amount of tickets then.

Jerko
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Not just these games. Altogether you can't sell any of your KC, A's, Marlins, TB, Orioles, or Cleveland games, other than the opening series. I suspect they still have a lot of tickets for these series, so they want to try and sell their tickets first before the TS holders sell theirs.

Bru

May 12 vs. KC is a sellout and that's one of the games I don't have the sell option for. Who knows? I emailed my rep.

itsnotrequired
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
May 12 vs. KC is a sellout and that's one of the games I don't have the sell option for. Who knows? I emailed my rep.

IIRC, there is a large group outing that day. Something like the Boy Scouts. They are holding literally thousands of tickets for this group. The same thing happened last year and a couple weeks before the game, the Sox released hundreds and hundreds of tickets.

DumpJerry
03-21-2007, 12:08 AM
here's the skinny:

Not all games can be put up for sale on the White Sox Ticket Exchange at the start of the season. They make the first month or eligible along with the "big name" opponents (Yanks, Cubs, Red Sox). As the season progresses, they open up games which are about 6 weeks out and in August they open up the rest of the season. All games will eventually be available for sale.

Roger Bossard is still upset at the damage to the outfield grass the Stone's concert caused, so it is very unlikely there will be any concerts there.

I'm sure STH's will be getting an email soon explaining the new option.

Jerko
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
We'll see what my rep says. I put the last game of the year up for sale already so it's not like they do a rolling release of these things. EVERY game is sellable except those 2 weekends against the 2 worst teams in the league historically. I'm sure it's some group thing. No big deal since I plan on using those tickets anyway; I was just being curious.

soxfan80
03-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I saw it but didn't click on it as I was too busy wondering why the May 12th and 13 games vs. KC and the May 26 and 27 games vs. TB don't have a sell option, just a forward option. :dunno:"regular" dates are able to be sold in the month they are played.

Jerko
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM
"regular" dates are able to be sold in the month they are played.

Cool.

dakuda
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Schedule for when tickets are available for resale:

Tues, April 10 All Regular/Monday May Dates available for resale.
Wed, May 2 All Regular/Monday June Dates available for resale.
Tues, June 5 All Regular/Monday July Dates available for resale.
Fri, June 30 All Regular/Monday August Dates available for resale.
Wed, August 1 All Regular/Monday September Dates available for resale