PDA

View Full Version : Majestic T-shirt shop?

russ99
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I caught that Sox-Cubs game from Friday on my DVR over the weekend and during one inning, Brooks Boyer was the guest of Hawk & DJ in the booth.

He mentioned a new shop in the lower deck concourse called the "Majestic T-Shirt Shop" and said it was the first in the majors. Brooks also mentioned that they'll have custom designs and 2 screenprinters so you can have a shirt printed for you on site.

This sounds really cool, I wonder if anyone has heard anything else as far as them using player names/numbers and what some of the designs might be.

Props to Brooks on this idea. :D:

Timmy D's
03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I caught Brooks talkin about that to. I looked on the site but couldnt find anything more on it. I was assuming you get to customize a tshirt maybe w/ your picture or something, dunno.

goon
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Brooks' been on twice and sounded really excited about it both times. He was giving an example after Pablo made a great play and said you could make a "Pablo Ozuna shirt." You will probably be able to customize those Jersey/T-shirts, as well as choosing from different logos, pictures, lettering etc. I'm looking forward to checking it out, along with the Paulie and Scott's HR seats and new restaurant.

RealMenWearBlack
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I like the idea behind this because I wanted to buy a Charlie Haeger jersey, but I don't have the money right now to buy an official one. I hope the quality doesn't suffer because the shirts are created on the spot.

skottyj242
03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Will they have other teams as well? I want my Royals Ross Gload jersey shirt.

ewokpelts
03-19-2007, 01:55 PM
they are also doing this for groups

Law11
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I like the idea behind this because I wanted to buy a Charlie Haeger jersey, but I don't have the money right now to buy an official one. I hope the quality doesn't suffer because the shirts are created on the spot.

Thats a pretty good guess at what its for.. Not every player has a jersey T..

As a designer my bet is there will be different color/style shirts with a book of Sox logos, Phrases (back to the grind) player names, basbeball icons etc. than can be put on the shirts. These can now be printed with direct heat transfer (much better than years ago) or screen printed which pops a bit more.

My bet is they are trying to capitlize on the shops online (cafepress) that
people have (myself included) that are selling more personalized Sox gear.

They are basically making money on the shirts that are sold outside the park to some extent because these shirts can be made in real time...
and dont have to be mass produced.

if they do it like these on-demand websites like Cafepress you would be able to create your own personalized shirt with anything you'd like to say on it (within reason) and have it done in minutes. But I'm sure at a nice markup..

twsoxfan5
03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I love this idea and I can't wait to check it out.

areilly
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Please please PLEASE let this be my chance to get a Jack McDowell jersey T that doesn't have that lame block lettering like the customizable ones available online.

I remember almost buying one of these with my hard-earned and hard-saved allowance in 1992...should've known I'd never have a chance again.

DumpJerry
03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
You can probably get one from MLB.com or the Royals' website.

The things we do for love...................:rolleyes:

BiggestFan14
03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
This idea seems interesting, I can't wait to check this out.

esbrechtel
03-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I cant wait to see the opening day tee he was talking about...also if there is a new version of "punch AJ" shirts for the all star game they wont run out of this year.....

goon
03-19-2007, 11:21 PM

I'd rather have an Andy Sisco Sox jersey-shirt.:tongue:

mzol11
03-20-2007, 12:47 PM
A friend of mine is going to be working in this shop. From what she tells me it sounds interesting, and alot of options.

IlliniSox4Life
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I cant wait to see the opening day tee he was talking about...also if there is a new version of "punch AJ" shirts for the all star game they wont run out of this year.....

I'm sure they'd still run out, or not be able to print them fast enough on site. I doubt the shop would be capable of mass printing a couple thousand shirts in a day or two.

ewokpelts
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I cant wait to see the opening day tee he was talking about...also if there is a new version of "punch AJ" shirts for the all star game they wont run out of this year.....what is thsi "opening day shirt" you speak of?

esbrechtel
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Brooks said on the cubs-Sox broadcast that for the first time ever they are going to have an opening day shirt available for 2007 from the majestic custom t-shirt shop.....thats all the information he gave....I am sure if you emailed him he might be able to give you more...he sounded really excited about this new feature

russ99
03-20-2007, 09:06 PM

That and sizes smaller than "XL". Geez, the trouble one needs to go through to get a size medium t-shirt....