PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt on Cold Pizza

itsjustinf
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Should be starting the segment with him pretty soon. He's supposed to talk about Bond's inflated numbers and how it will affect his chances at the Hall.

skobabe8
03-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Why WTS? :?:

itsjustinf
03-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Why WTS? :?:

not sure, really.:?: now that you mention it, I didn't really think about it. I blame it on being out of coffee, and not having any caffeine this morning. oh well, if somebody wants to move it, that's fine.

Jaffar
03-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Soooooooo was he on?

mzol11
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Should be starting the segment with him pretty soon. He's supposed to talk about Bond's inflated numbers and how it will affect his chances at the Hall.
He needs some cheese with all that whine. Man I dont miss that (or him hitting a infiled pop up in a key situation).

itsnotrequired
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
He needs some cheese with all that whine. Man I dont miss that (or him hitting a infiled pop up in a key situation).

Frank Thomas...the worst player in White Sox history.

:rolleyes:

itsjustinf
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM

I agree, Frank was awful. You're just gonna have to deal with the fact that Frank was one of this organization's greatest hitters.

Unfortunately I was distracted by my niece and couldn't hear what he was saying. For all I could hear, Frank was asking me for apple juice.

IndianWhiteSox
03-19-2007, 02:01 PM

You need to lay off this:

:bong:

Seriously, Frank Thomas is the greatest hitter in the history of the White Sox and it really wasn't his fault that they couldn't win when he was at his absolute best. Yes I know they won in 2005, because they were just amazing with or without that year (I also realize that he was HUGE in a six-week period where the SOX built a lead that was just about impossible to catch up with, even with the Tribes hot streak they still couldn't finish the job), with their pitching, speed and defense. But anyway, Frank Thomas was still the best regardless.

oeo
03-19-2007, 02:04 PM

What whining? I didn't hear him whine once during his interview. Cold Pizza asks him to come on their show to talk about the Hall of Fame and all of a sudden it's considered Frank whining?

Maybe next time you should hold off your whining.

BTW, he said he's shooting for his 39th birthday (May 27) to hit #500.

EDIT: Oh, and you like Thome's automatic K as soon as they put a lefty in for a key situation? Thome is the complete opposite of clutch; I'd take Frank in a key situation over him any day.

palehozenychicty
03-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Uh, you will not win many here with that quote.

chitownhawkfan
03-19-2007, 02:07 PM
What whining? I didn't hear him whine once during his interview. Cold Pizza asks him to come on their show to talk about the Hall of Fame and all of a sudden it's considered Frank whining?

PREACH!

Thomas gets unfairly crapped on for being the best hitter to ever put on a sox uni. What other fan base treats their greats like this?
I just dont get it.:?:

CHISOXFAN13
03-19-2007, 02:17 PM

:dtroll:

Palehose Pete
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Would someone do a solid for those of us without access to a television and provide a summary of the interview's highlights? Much appreciated!!

WhiteSox5187
03-19-2007, 02:48 PM

EDIT: Oh, and you like Thome's automatic K as soon as they put a lefty in for a key situation? Thome is the complete opposite of clutch; I'd take Frank in a key situation over him any day.
Meh, Thome or Thomas? They're both damn close to equal. I'm not the biggest fan of Frank (he wasn't exactly a team player), but I can't take away the fact he was the face of this organization for years and years and helped make a couple of mediocre teams viable playoff contenders, like the 2000 team.

ewokpelts
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
You need to lay off this:

:bong:

Seriously, Frank Thomas is the greatest hitter in the history of the White Sox and it really wasn't his fault that they couldn't win when he was at his absolute best. Yes I know they won in 2005, because they were just amazing with or without that year (I also realize that he was HUGE in a six-week period where the SOX built a lead that was just about impossible to catch up with, even with the Tribes hot streak they still couldn't finish the job), with their pitching, speed and defense. But anyway, Frank Thomas was still the best regardless.when frank was in the lineup those six weeks, i finally let myself dare to think "hey, we may not **** this up"

ewokpelts
03-19-2007, 02:58 PM
PREACH!

Thomas gets unfairly crapped on for being the best hitter to ever put on a sox uni. What other fan base treats their greats like this?
the red sox WORSHIP the twin assclowns of ortiz/manny.
ask fenway, he pretty much apologizes for it

JermaineDye05
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM

I would have to disagree with that, Thome had some pretty big clutch hits for us last year. The 2-run shot off of Santana back in April in a tie ball game in the 6th, The homerun off of Anthony Reyes in the 7th (it was a no-hit ball game until that point, Thome's homerun was the only hit.)

SABRSox
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I would have to disagree with that, Thome had some pretty big clutch hits for us last year. The 2-run shot off of Santana back in April in a tie ball game in the 6th, The homerun off of Anthony Reyes in the 7th (it was a no-hit ball game until that point, Thome's homerun was the only hit.)

The point is that for the most part, a LOOGY can neutralize Thome, whereas there was no answer to the Big Hurt. You just pitched and hoped for the best. I remember Frank had some epic 15 pitch at-bats against pitchers late in games, and more often then not those resulted in key hits and home runs.

itsnotrequired
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Ortiz is an assclown?

:?:

soxfan13
03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
The point is that for the most part, a LOOGY can neutralize Thome, whereas there was no answer to the Big Hurt. You just pitched and hoped for the best. I remember Frank had some epic 15 pitch at-bats against pitchers late in games, and more often then not those resulted in key hits and home runs.

That was pre 2001. Since he has gone with his homerun or nothing swing the last few years pitchers have had it alot easier pitching him outside and retiring him

twsoxfan5
03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Frank Thomas was a great hitter, probably the best to ever wear a Sox uniform, but I never liked his attitude and he was never one of my favorite players. It always seemed like he was much more involved with himself rather than the team. And I say seemed b/c I don't know for sure b/c I was not in the clubhouse. Everything here is based on opinion b/c none of us really know for sure how Frank treated his teammates, but if people here dislike him why aren't they able to voice that opinion?

spiffie
03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
PREACH!

Let's not tar everyone with the same brush, just because a couple of idiots like to rip on Frank. Go back and look at the response when he came back to USCF last year for how most of the fans feel about Frank.

IndianWhiteSox
03-19-2007, 03:22 PM
when frank was in the lineup those six weeks, i finally let myself dare to think "hey, we may not **** this up"

Thank you

I'm not sure about that, considering the fact that there was an article about how he hit 2HRs in a game back in July 2006 for a marine(who was a huge Red Sox fan) who asked for his autograph and to hit an HR for him. Then this past month, that same solider passed away, and Ortiz actually felt sad about that.

Now Manny on the other hand, is an assclown.

Ortiz is an assclown?

Well last September, he did throw his team under the bus while trying to campaign himself for MVP. That was an assclown moment for him, so to speak.

ewokpelts
03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Ortiz is an assclown?

:?:Do you remember how he felt he deserved the mvp because he hit the most home runs in the al?

Navarro's Talent
03-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Let's not tar everyone with the same brush, just because a couple of idiots like to rip on Frank. Go back and look at the response when he came back to USCF last year for how most of the fans feel about Frank.

I cheered him every time he came to the plate for that game. There were a few boos for that first at-bat, but it was overwhelmingly positive and made me happy to be a Sox fan. So, I definitely agree that we shouldn't let a few be heard over the majority in this case. That day went down exactly how it should have, and it was classless of Indians fans to do the exact opposite for Thome.

skottyj242
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Here we go again.

jdm2662
03-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Ortiz is an assclown?

My thoughts exactly. One of my favorite plays of last year when Boston was facing Tampa. Tampa had the four outfielder/three infielders on the side. There was NO one on the left side of the infield. What does he do to break that shift? He bunts his way on.

Um, can anyone provide some feedback on what Thomas said this morning? Do we really need a 10 page thread on our opinions about him? He talked about a topic I'm very interested in hearing what he had to say.

kjhanson
03-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Would someone do a solid for those of us without access to a television and provide a summary of the interview's highlights? Much appreciated!!

Since nobody else will...

Before Frank came on they had three baseball "experts": Olney and a guy each from the Boston Herald and NY Daily News. They discussed the impact of the steroid era and whether or not 500 home runs means anything anymore. Everyone agreed that it does not, and people will be evaluated on a case by case basis when their turn comes. They cited Big Frank as one guy who has never been accused of using. They went on to say that a guy like him will get a "bonus" when he's up for consideration, and will get in without a problem.

Frank then came on and spoke about his numbers always being consistent (barring injury), and that he has never used, and has been naive to a lot of it. He said that he just thought people were outworking him. When asked if he would be disappointed if a juicer made the Hall over him, he said that he has no control over that and will just continue to work hard like he has always done. There was a brief mention about being "forced" out of Chicago, but he said that didn't serve as much motivation; he full-well knew what he was capable of when healthy. Also, he said that 600 home runs is ultimately his goal. He'd like to hit his 500th in mid-may because it is his birthday month.

He was wearing black; that man always looked good in black...

PatK
03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
PREACH!

http://www.hottubessentials.com/images/Ducks/sammy_sosa_1.jpg

"For years, I was the only reason people came to the games. Then I got blamed for our whole team cracking under the pressure of having back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in 30 years before getting run out of town like I invented the goat"

Palehose Pete
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the recap!

gobears1987
03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Go find yourself another team if you want to bash the greatest player in the history of this franchise.

Stupid trolls.

EDIT: Voodoo, can you please do us a favor and borrow Daver's elephant gun? I think you might have fun with it.

voodoochile
03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Frank Thomas was a great hitter, probably the best to ever wear a Sox uniform, but I never liked his attitude and he was never one of my favorite players. It always seemed like he was much more involved with himself rather than the team. And I say seemed b/c I don't know for sure b/c I was not in the clubhouse. Everything here is based on opinion b/c none of us really know for sure how Frank treated his teammates, but if people here dislike him why aren't they able to voice that opinion?

They can... everyone is free to regurgitate the crap they have read in the newspapers if they so choose. If people want to look like dumbasses they are free to do so...

oeo
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM

My problem with mzol11's post was he didn't even know what he was talking about. He just assumed that Frank was whining about something, when that wasn't the case at all. I'm sure Frank called up Cold Pizza and asked them to put him on so he could whine. :rolleyes:

Before he made a post, he should have 1)saw the interview himself or 2)waited for a recap. He didn't do either, and chose instead to be vocal about how much he dislikes Frank, when no one gives a ****.

jabrch
03-19-2007, 04:48 PM
They can... everyone is free to regurgitate the crap they have read in the newspapers if they so choose. If people want to look like dumbasses they are free to do so...

When I first read that post, I was wondering who'd get here first - you or RKM. :-)

That's what I love most about you VC - you are consistent and predictable in a very good way.

AJ Hellraiser
03-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I cheered him every time he came to the plate for that game. There were a few boos for that first at-bat, but it was overwhelmingly positive and made me happy to be a Sox fan. So, I definitely agree that we shouldn't let a few be heard over the majority in this case. That day went down exactly how it should have, and it was classless of Indians fans to do the exact opposite for Thome.

I did as well... had to honor the greatest hitter in franchise hitter appropriately... I even continued cheering when he hit his 2nd homer...

Ultimately, that game was one of the best I've ever been at.. Frank hit 2 bombs, Sox came back to win on a Pablo Ozuna walk-off suicide squeeze...

How many times do you have a favorite player playing a favorite team and you say "I hope he hits 2 homers, scores 30 points,etc. but we win"... well, it actually happened in this case.. i said it as i walked into USCF with my buddies and it happened.. totally awesome!

itsnotrequired
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Do you remember how he felt he deserved the mvp because he hit the most home runs in the al?

Looked more like a media-blows-something-out-of-proportion incident to me...

kjhanson
03-19-2007, 05:11 PM
My problem with mzol11's post was he didn't even know what he was talking about. He just assumed that Frank was whining about something, when that wasn't the case at all. I'm sure Frank called up Cold Pizza and asked them to put him on so he could whine. :rolleyes:

Before he made a post, he should have 1)saw the interview himself or 2)waited for a recap. He didn't do either, and chose instead to be vocal about how much he dislikes Frank, when no one gives a ****.

Not knowing who saw the interview and who did not, I will say this much: the interview was the furthest thing from a whine-job. Frank had an opportunity to complain about the White Sox, the A's, steroid users and newspaper writers. He didn't do any of that. He put the onus on himself and his injuries in every situation.

Dan Mega
03-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Looked more like a media-blows-something-out-of-proportion incident to me...

Agreed- and the anti-Frank parade in the media was being led by the baton-spinning Moron himself. I can't think of a better hitter in Chicago history.

Anyway, I think Barry Bonds moved him (and Bagwell) from being considered to lock in regards of his HOF status. Frank deserves to go.

Dan the Man
03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I did as well... had to honor the greatest hitter in franchise hitter appropriately... I even continued cheering when he hit his 2nd homer...

Ultimately, that game was one of the best I've ever been at.. Frank hit 2 bombs, Sox came back to win on a Pablo Ozuna walk-off suicide squeeze...

How many times do you have a favorite player playing a favorite team and you say "I hope he hits 2 homers, scores 30 points,etc. but we win"... well, it actually happened in this case.. i said it as i walked into USCF with my buddies and it happened.. totally awesome!

I completely forgot how awesome that game was. Frank: :gulp:

CLR01
03-19-2007, 05:37 PM
but if people here dislike him why aren't they able to voice that opinion?

They can and they do get to voice that opinion about Frank. Now others get to speak out and say that opinion sucks. Or should they not be able to voice their opinion about the Frank haters opinion?

RKMeibalane
03-19-2007, 06:20 PM
When I first read that post, I was wondering who'd get here first - you or RKM. :-)

That's what I love most about you VC - you are consistent and predictable in a very good way.

I smiled when I read the post in question. It's amazing how many people will just post something without actually taking the time to understand what's being discussed.

For all of his problems with media, Frank has actually made several interesting points regarding steroids, testing, records, etc. I'm sure Frank knows/has heard a lot more than he's let on as far as who has or hasn't been using, but I'm sure he also realizes that people are starting to apppreciate him more because he made himself into a good hitter through hard work.

It's going to be interesting if Frank, Griffey, and Bonds retire around the same time, because we'll then be able to see what the sports writers think baseball has really been about for the past 15-20 years.

The Dude
03-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Your first part of your post was fine and I agree.

However, I think the EDIT was off topic and way out of line. :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
They can and they do get to voice that opinion about Frank. Now others get to speak out and say that opinion sucks. Or should they not be able to voice their opinion about the Frank haters opinion?

:nuts:

santo=dorf
03-19-2007, 07:56 PM
The point is that for the most part, a LOOGY can neutralize Thome, whereas there was no answer to the Big Hurt.
http://media.komotv.com/images/jeff_nelson.jpg

John Halama, Jamie Walker, Jaret Wright, Josh Beckett, The Eck, Saberhagen, Mike Timlin (:o: ) Mariano Rivera, Tim Wakefield (except for one game, 3 HR) and Jose Paniaqua just to name a few. Names in bold are his new divisional Rivals.

balke
03-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I know one pitcher who has gotta be scared to death to face the BlueJays so much next season.

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/05_Baseball/Studios/Yankees/Images/05MussinaMike.jpg

PaulDrake
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Not knowing who saw the interview and who did not, I will say this much: the interview was the furthest thing from a whine-job. Frank had an opportunity to complain about the White Sox, the A's, steroid users and newspaper writers. He didn't do any of that. He put the onus on himself and his injuries in every situation. Thanks for the recap, and I'm glad he took the high road. The Chicago media did their best to bait Frank in order to stoke their fires. Unfortunately, at times Frank was his own worst enemy. He's the greatest (by far) hitter in White Sox history, and for every "infiled" popup, there were just as many and more clutch hits. Frank could really try my patience at times, but compared to the roiders, and some of the over the top players in the game now, he's quite the choirboy. I hope he stays healthy enough to reach his goals.

pearso66
03-19-2007, 08:17 PM

I walked out of that game telling my brother, that game couldn't have been any better. I wanted Frank to hit a homer, and he hit 2. And the Sox won. The Sox didn't only win, they did it in walk off bunt fasion. And the best part of all, it was enjoyed with numerous other Sox fans, as that was the first core of the core last year. It was outstanding.

balke
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
http://media.komotv.com/images/jeff_nelson.jpg

John Halama, Jamie Walker, Jaret Wright, Josh Beckett, The Eck, Saberhagen, Mike Timlin (:o: ) Mariano Rivera, Tim Wakefield (except for one game, 3 HR) and Jose Paniaqua just to name a few. Names in bold are his new divisional Rivals.

Mike Timlin walked Frank 7 times and got hit 4 of 20 ABs. Frank gets on-base .429 against him. Walker had 5 AB's with Frank, walked him twice, hardly a measuring stick. I fully expect to see his #'s increase on these bold pitchers this season. Jaret Wright especially.

Vernam
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
As always, I'm sitting out the Frank hate/love debate, but if Santo is so universally considered right on the fence between deserving/undeserving of the Hall of Fame, there better not ever be a ****ing moment's hesitation about enshrining Frank.

Vernam

santo=dorf
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Mike Timlin walked Frank 7 times and got hit 4 of 20 ABs. Frank gets on-base .429 against him. Walker had 5 AB's with Frank, walked him twice, hardly a measuring stick. I fully expect to see his #'s increase on these bold pitchers this season. Jaret Wright especially.
He has a .679 OPS against Timlin. Timlin is showing some fear with the walks, but Frank only has a .250 SLG% against him

oeo
03-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Your first part of your post was fine and I agree.

However, I think the EDIT was off topic and way out of line. :rolleyes:

It was off topic, but I was responding to his comment about Frank not coming through in key situations. I don't think it's out of line, I like Thome and I think he fits this team more than Frank would, but I'll still take Frank over Thome in a key situation.

Daver
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
EDIT: Voodoo, can you please do us a favor and borrow Daver's elephant gun? I think you might have fun with it.

He'll have to clean it when he's done, it takes about three hours to clean a Barret properly.

HotelWhiteSox
03-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Remember when Frank bought the team a ping pong table? That was cool

minastirith67
03-20-2007, 01:23 AM

...and on my birthday too...what a treat that would be...:tongue:

Frank Thomas...LEGEND.

:worship: #35

WhiteSox5187
03-20-2007, 01:49 AM
As always, I'm sitting out the Frank hate/love debate, but if Santo is so universally considered right on the fence between deserving/undeserving of the Hall of Fame, there better not ever be a ****ing moment's hesitation about enshrining Frank.

Vernam
Frank Thomas was a great hitter, but he also spent a good chunk of his career at DH...I'm trying to think what year exactly he moved from first to DH...was it when we got Paulie? Well, whatever, if he is kept out of the Hall it will be because he was a DH. AND because he was a victim of the steroid era. There are a couple of genuine power hitters who will be victims of the steroid era, he and Thome might be two of 'em.

ozzman
03-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Wow, two or three posts that actually discuss frank on cold pizza yesterday. Good luck Frank, I hope you get #500 in May.

itsnotrequired
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
He'll have to clean it when he's done, it takes about three hours to clean a Barret properly.

Can't you just hose it off and prop it against the woodpile to dry?

:redneck

Dan Mega
03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Frank Thomas was a great hitter, but he also spent a good chunk of his career at DH...I'm trying to think what year exactly he moved from first to DH...was it when we got Paulie? Well, whatever, if he is kept out of the Hall it will be because he was a DH. AND because he was a victim of the steroid era. There are a couple of genuine power hitters who will be victims of the steroid era, he and Thome might be two of 'em.

How will they be victims of the steroids era? I would think that since guys like Frank, Thome, Bagwell, etc were clean their chances for HOF selection would increase, right?

I know Bagwell wasn't considered a "power hitter" but he was never linked to roids (as far as I know) and his career numbers were similar to Frank's before he was done with baseball.

RKMeibalane
03-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Frank was actually moved to DH in 1998, the year before Konerko arrived. The move was made by this guy:

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

spawn
03-20-2007, 12:23 PM
How will they be victims of the steroids era? I would think that since guys like Frank, Thome, Bagwell, etc were clean their chances for HOF selection would increase, right?

I know Bagwell wasn't considered a "power hitter" but he was never linked to roids (as far as I know) and his career numbers were similar to Frank's before he was done with baseball.
I don't think it will matter that they were clean. Thanks to Giambi, Bonds, McGwire, every player from that era will be looked at critically. Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro have all denied they used 'roids. Palmeiro has since been caught with the stuff in his system, Bonds admitted without admitting it to the grand jury, and McGwire...'nuff said. The writers will say they don't know who used and who didn't, so they will lump everyone in that era together. They've ruined it for the players who actually played without the benefit of 'roids. Players like Frank will be the casualties. He should get in, but it won't be easy.

IndianWhiteSox
03-20-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think it will matter that they were clean. Thanks to Giambi, Bonds, McGwire, every player from that era will be looked at critically. Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro have all denied they used 'roids. Palmeiro has since been caught with the stuff in his system, Bonds admitted without admitting it to the grand jury, and McGwire...'nuff said. The writers will say they don't know who used and who didn't, so they will lump everyone in that era together. They've ruined it for the players who actually played without the benefit of 'roids. Players like Frank will be the casualties. He should get in, but it won't be easy.

But it seems that now Frank Thomas has been praised now more than ever, after he left the SOX and had that season with Oakland. Actually, when you think about it, more players who were clean WITHOUT SUSPICIONS will be more appreciated and now more people are cherishing Roger's 61 back in '61 and this may have opened the flood gate for players who were neglected years ago that now may have a good chance at the hall.

oeo
03-20-2007, 01:24 PM

There's a difference with Frank, though, in that he has been vocally against steroids. Look at guys like Giambi, Bonds, Sosa, and Palmeiro; all they have done is denied using them, but have never said they are against them. And the fact that Frank's numbers never saw a sudden increase, his head didn't grow three sizes, etc.

WhiteSox5187
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
There's a difference with Frank, though, in that he has been vocally against steroids. Look at guys like Giambi, Bonds, Sosa, and Palmeiro; all they have done is denied using them, but have never said they are against them. And the fact that Frank's numbers never saw a sudden increase, his head didn't grow three sizes, etc.
Just because a guy comes out against steroids doesn't mean he's clean. Look at Palmerio's finger wagging show in Congress. I mean, I'll be honest, I thought that he was clean up until he tested positive. I don't think Frank used, I don't think Thome used, but I think that they will have this cloud of suspicion over them simply because it seemed like EVERY power hitter was using. I don't think a lot of people thought Palmerio was using either, but then he tested positive and now I think a lot of people, including writers, are looking at everyone suspiciously. It's too bad though.

PennStater98r
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by itsjustinf http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1511697#post1511697)

Frank Thomas...the worst player in White Sox history.

:rolleyes:

mzol11 - with the worst post in White Sox Interactive history.

PennStater98r
03-20-2007, 03:43 PM

Vernam

POTW

spawn
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't think that matters. Palmeiro vigorusly denied steroid use...and then he was caught with them. McGwire has never admitted to using nor has he been caught with him...yet he didn't come close to making the HoF. McGwire didn't do himself any favors when he testified to Congress, but that's besides the point. The Writers will have the attitude that no one was to be trusted that played during that time, and they'll want to send a clear message that it won't be tolerated again. If that means making sure players don't get into the HoF when under normal circumstances they'd be first ballot HoFers, so be it. Again, I'm not saying Frank won't get in. I think he will, and deservedly so. But don't be surprised if it takes a while before he is elected in because he played during the "Steroid Era".

lumpyspun
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
The main issue with me for this whole post is why people continue to watch Cold Pizza.

spawn
03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
The main issue with me for this whole post is why people continue to watch Cold Pizza.
The necessity for self-mutilation perhaps?

WhiteSoxFan84
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I work at Abt Electronics and he stopped by in.... I wana say January? Can't remember, but he had a big crowd with him and I didn't catch him but my friends did. They all said he was smiling, saying hi to everyone that he saw, and was very nice. Love the guy as a player (w/ the White Sox or without) and it's good to know he's a class act off the field. Just saddens me that he ended up buying a $400 Maytag Washer and a $400 Maytag Dryer.... Maytags suck!