PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Garage Sale

34 Inch Stick
03-19-2002, 10:19 AM
I am thinking of going to the Sox Garage sale on Saturday. Is it worth the effort to go? What kind of items do they have on sale?

If this is just a ploy to get people to buy individual tickets I don't want to wast my time (I already bought a seven game package). If I can get some interesting stuff at a reasonable price without having to rip it from some other guys hands it sounds like a good idea.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I am thinking of going to the Sox Garage sale on Saturday. Is it worth the effort to go? What kind of items do they have on sale?

If this is just a ploy to get people to buy individual tickets I don't want to wast my time (I already bought a seven game package). If I can get some interesting stuff at a reasonable price without having to rip it from some other guys hands it sounds like a good idea.

Did you go to SoxFest? The items they have for sale at the garage sale are very similar to what they had inside the garage sale room at SoxFest. It is mostly game-used equipment and other outdated merchandise that Sox Fans love, but nobody else does. Lots of professional dealers go to these events. While there are plenty of bargains, you should be comfortable knowing what an item is truly worth before you pay for it. The line to get inside can be unbearable, too. It pays to get there early.

As a collector, my credo has always been, "How valuable is this to ME?" If you remain true to this strategy, you'll never overpay for anything. If you can make money reselling an item, consider that a bonus.