PDA

View Full Version : Woo Woo game experience

JermaineDye05
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Just got back from the game about an hour ago, pretty fun really hot though. Good to see the Sox come out on top although Ronnie Woo made the first couple of innings miserable, he would not shut up.

chisoxmike
03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Just got back from the game about an hour ago, pretty fun really hot though. Good to see the Sox come out on top although Ronnie Woo made the first couple of innings miserable, he would not shut up.

Ugh. God that guy pisses me off. How the hell did he afford to go to Arizona? Did some ****ing Cubs fan buy his ticket just like they bought his teeth? I wish I could get ****ing handouts like this guy does for doing nothing with my life. **** 'em.

I saw him sitting outside Jimbos after ALDS Game 1 all decked out in Cubs gear. What a jag.

:woo-woo
"How could you not love this face?"

HomeFish
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Ugh. God that guy pisses me off. How the hell did he afford to go to Arizona? Did some ****ing Cubs fan buy his ticket just like they bought his teeth?

I saw him sitting outside Jimbos after ALDS Game 1 all decked out in Cubs gear. What a jag.

He was walking the UD concourse during Game 1 of the ALCS talking smack. I really wonder who gave him tickets to THAT.

ShoelessJoeS
03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Ugh. God that guy pisses me off. How the hell did he afford to go to Arizona? Did some ****ing Cubs fan buy his ticket just like they bought his teeth? I wish I could get ****ing handouts like this guy does. **** 'em.

"How could you not love this face?":rolleyes:

Stupid ****in' Cub fans.

Brian26
03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
He was walking the UD concourse during Game 1 of the ALCS talking smack. I really wonder who gave him tickets to THAT.

I don't run security at USCF, but it seems like a ticking timebomb to let this guy in during a playoff game with a bullseye painted on his chest and a target on his head.

Soxfanspcu11
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't run security at USCF, but it seems like a ticking timebomb to let this guy in during a playoff game with a bullseye painted on his chest and a target on his head.

You are absolutely right.

I also remember him being at game 1 of the 2005 ALCS. I saw him walking into the stadium. He was standing just past the traintracks over by the news crews.

People were taunting him, VERY harshly!

And then I saw him again inside the park during the game. Some girl went up behind him and booted him in the ass! And not like a friendly tap either, like a serious case of Booted Ass. It was lovely!:bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
03-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Jesus. I thought I heard his dumb ass whooping it up during the game.

Where are a couple of hired goons wielding baseball bats when you need 'em?

:club:

ChiSoxGirl
03-16-2007, 10:24 PM

I heard that guy through half the broadcast! :mad: Man, is he annoying! :angry:

Ugh. God that guy pisses me off. How the hell did he afford to go to Arizona? Did some ****ing Cubs fan buy his ticket just like they bought his teeth? I wish I could get ****ing handouts like this guy does for doing nothing with my life. **** 'em.

Seriously! I want to know how he makes it out to Arizona every March! Does he have a job or is this it? When I was out there in 2002 for Spring Break, we went to a couple games and saw that guy all over the place. What a loser.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-16-2007, 10:31 PM
...a serious case of Booted Ass.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh. Maybe it's the way you capitalized it, suggesting "Booted Ass" is a proper noun.

Viva Medias B's
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
It must have been great seeing all those Cub fans get into their cars for that long drive up I-10 with their tails between their legs.

chisoxfanatic
03-16-2007, 11:58 PM

I saw him last year in the 300-level concourse during Game 6 of the NBA Quarterfinals against the Heat last year during halftime. He was doing his whole "Cubs! WOO!" thing, so I took off my World Series Champions hat I wore to the game and waved it in his face. That guy oughtta have a restraining order on anything south of Madison.

WhiteSox5187
03-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I heard that guy through half the broadcast! :mad: Man, is he annoying! :angry:

Seriously! I want to know how he makes it out to Arizona every March! Does he have a job or is this it? When I was out there in 2002 for Spring Break, we went to a couple games and saw that guy all over the place. What a loser.
The Cubs let him in, I think. When I worked for the Cubs I was told that Ronnie Woo-Woo was the only guy who didn't need a ticket to get into the park. I've also seen his face in a couple of ads by Wrigley. I'd take Andy the Clown any day over that drunk...and I'm afraid of clowns.

esbrechtel
03-17-2007, 12:49 AM
The Cubs let him in, I think. When I worked for the Cubs I was told that Ronnie Woo-Woo was the only guy who didn't need a ticket to get into the park. I've also seen his face in a couple of ads by Wrigley. I'd take Andy the Clown any day over that drunk...and I'm afraid of clowns.
were you a sox fan when you worked for the flubs? if yes did you get alot of crap for it?

chisoxfanatic
03-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Did you hear that Ronnie Woo Woo actually has an ALBUM that was sold bootleg to Cubs fans? I remember a posting on Woo Woo's *official site* that it has a song on it called "Me and You and Ronnie Woo Woo" There's also a DVD you can sign up on that site called "WooLife" :?:

StillMissOzzie
03-17-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know why, but this made me laugh. Maybe it's the way you capitalized it, suggesting "Booted Ass" is a proper noun.

Proper is right in this case!

SMO
:gulp:

HotelWhiteSox
03-17-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm watching the replay now, so I'll probably edit in comments as I go along.

Did I hear DJ right. After the way the Chicago media acted this offseason, we have a higher payroll then them? You'd be shocked living in this town.

Ha, that Kenny/Ozzie hit and run thing was hilarious. Poor Rob.

Geez, compare this to that Cubs broadcast a few weeks ago. Now this is a broadcast, and I'm not even Hawk's biggest fan (who sounds improved to me actually). Cub fans who watched this probably wondered who slipped the caffeine in their drinks, not falling asleep early in the game like usual.

Can easily tell that Jenks has shed some pounds

chitownhawkfan
03-17-2007, 03:17 AM

I was watching the game today and I thought I heard that crack head. But then I thought to myself, no, he couldn't have made it to Arizona. Really, who pays for this bum to go to spring training?

And I was at the Boston ALDS game 1. I didn't think anything could have ruined my day. I get to Jimbo's, a place I had been paying 4 bucks for a can of old style on half priced mondays when it was empty. The line is ridiculous and real sox fans cant get in. But Woo Woo is holding an audience on the patio outside. People were taking pictures on his lap like he was the pope. My friend started screaming "he's only a crackhead not a celebrity!" and was nearly arrested. That was the day I swore I would never return to Jimbo's. Conveniently enough, they gone. I like to think of it as Woo Woo karma.

RadioheadRocks
03-17-2007, 03:23 AM
And I was at the Boston ALDS game 1. I didn't think anything could have ruined my day. I get to Jimbo's, a place I had been paying 4 bucks for a can of old style on half priced mondays when it was empty. The line is ridiculous and real sox fans cant get in. But Woo Woo is holding an audience on the patio outside. People were taking pictures on his lap like he was the pope. My friend started screaming "he's only a crackhead not a celebrity!" and was nearly arrested...

A better response (that would have been just as effective and wouldn't have elicited being nearly arrested) would have been "Friends don't let friends pose with Woo-Woo". :cool:

chitownhawkfan
03-17-2007, 03:41 AM
A better response (that would have been just as effective and wouldn't have elicited being nearly arrested) would have been "Friends don't let friends pose with Woo-Woo". :cool:

I wish i was half that witty, I always think of something good to say about five minutes to late and want to kick myself for not having thought of it.

HotelWhiteSox
03-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I was watching the game today and I thought I heard that crack head. But then I thought to myself, no, he couldn't have made it to Arizona. Really, who pays for this bum to go to spring training?

And I was at the Boston ALDS game 1. I didn't think anything could have ruined my day. I get to Jimbo's, a place I had been paying 4 bucks for a can of old style on half priced mondays when it was empty. The line is ridiculous and real sox fans cant get in. But Woo Woo is holding an audience on the patio outside. People were taking pictures on his lap like he was the pope. My friend started screaming "he's only a crackhead not a celebrity!" and was nearly arrested. That was the day I swore I would never return to Jimbo's. Conveniently enough, they gone. I like to think of it as Woo Woo karma.

Nasty! I would probably drown myself in disinfectant if I made accidental contact walking past him. Probably would feel more comfortable rubbing myself up against some bum outside of my office building.

soxstarter
03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
In all my newness as a Chicago area resident, this is one of those Chicago experiences that I have been lucky enough to miss so far.

Where did this guy come from? What is the background story?

MarySwiss
03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
In all my newness as a Chicago area resident, this is one of those Chicago experiences that I have been lucky enough to miss so far.

Not sure where he came from, but seems like he's been around forever. The last time I was at Wrigley had to have been 20 years ago, and there he was at the back of the bleachers, Woo-ing his fool head off. He's got to be about 65 years old or so, and IMO, seeing Lincoln Park Trixies swooning all over him has to be one of the most nauseating sights possible.

And although no one has mentioned it as yet in this thread, I seem to recall that he also managed to show up at Cooperstown for Sandberg's coronation. Cubs fans seem to revere this guy, which is reason enough right there to doubt their sanity.

I wonder if that burned-out babe with the glassy-eyed stare and the "Sox Suck" license plate around her neck that was there last year showed up again yesterday. Maybe she and old Ronnie can get together.

Anybody see her?

I'm going to the game today, so I'll let you know if I see him there, but I would think (hope!) he'll be back in Mesa today.

twentywontowin
03-17-2007, 11:51 AM
I swear, I run into Ronnie around town more times than I bump into actual people I know.

2005 ALCS Game 1 - Ran into him walking through Lot F toward the stadium. I've never heard people unload on someone like that before. Even some little kid, couldn't have been more than eight years old, told him he sucked.

May 19th 2006 Sox/Cubs game - Coming down on the Red Line from Roosevelt, on the train. Some stupid reporter and a guy with a video camera were interviewing him on the train. Had two completely drunk 19 year old female Cubs fans standing behind me gawking all over him like he is the second coming of Christ. A "Hey Ronnie, you suck, go Sox!" yell from me mid-interview got a nice response from the train car, but the reporter seemed pretty upset.

Then a couple random times just visiting friends on the north side. The guy sure does get around.

Frater Perdurabo
03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
I bet he's loaded. Probably made a fortune selling vacuums or used cars, then got scalded by hot coffee or run over by a Volvo and an ambulance chaser helped him get a few million, which he had someone else invest in Berkshire Hathaway, Exxon and Microsoft. Or maybe he invented something that made him a bunch of money, like the microprocessor or the electron microscope or the H-bomb or a new cure for the clap. In short, he's been doing his clown act for years just to get attention, because he's already got all the money he'll ever need.
:tongue:

Vestigio
03-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Last Wednesday, my Sociology teacher was passing around those $1 newspapers that are published by the homeless, and are also sold outside of the Cell. Well in one of those newspapers, they had a cover story on Woo Woo about his life and his movie that was coming out. Curious why he's such a celebrity to flub fans, I decided to take a quick glance. It said that as a homeless child on the Southside, his mother often abused him. He lived with his grandmother growing up, and she would take him to Cubs games. Thats about as far I got reading that article before my head started to hurt...

Someone posted, a few months ago, a pic of Woo Woo at Buck O'neil funeral. Given the context of the picture, it was probably one of the funniest pictures I have seen in a while. I mean how in the hell does Woo even know Buck O'neil, or how he was even invited to the funeral?

cheeses_h_rice
03-17-2007, 02:24 PM

I believe Ronnie is one of the original Bleacher Bums from 1969.

So, just imagine him and Mike Murphy together, and you can imagine how annoying it was to be a Cubs fan in 1969.

The Immigrant
03-17-2007, 02:42 PM
The man seems to be mentally impaired and yet the idiots at Wrigley are treating him like a mascot. My stomach turns every time I see him at a game because of the way the crowds react to his antics. He should be ignored, especially at the Cell.

AZChiSoxFan
03-17-2007, 02:51 PM
2005 ALCS Game 1 - Ran into him walking through Lot F toward the stadium. I've never heard people unload on someone like that before. Even some little kid, couldn't have been more than eight years old, told him he sucked.

May 19th 2006 Sox/Cubs game - Coming down on the Red Line from Roosevelt, on the train. Some stupid reporter and a guy with a video camera were interviewing him on the train. Had two completely drunk 19 year old female Cubs fans standing behind me gawking all over him like he is the second coming of Christ. A "Hey Ronnie, you suck, go Sox!" yell from me mid-interview got a nice response from the train car, but the reporter seemed pretty upset.

CLASSIC!!! Great post!!!

chitownhawkfan
03-17-2007, 02:59 PM

So, just imagine him and Mike Murphy together, and you can imagine how annoying it was to be a Cubs fan in 1969.

I didn't think it could get worse than Woo Woo, but can you imagine those two *******s together. Ouch, I'm getting the dry heaves just thinking about it.

TomBradley72
03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/

:kukoo: :puking:

russ99
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I bet he's loaded. Probably made a fortune selling vacuums or used cars, then got scalded by hot coffee or run over by a Volvo and an ambulance chaser helped him get a few million, which he had someone else invest in Berkshire Hathaway, Exxon and Microsoft. Or maybe he invented something that made him a bunch of money, like the microprocessor or the electron microscope or the H-bomb or a new cure for the clap. In short, he's been doing his clown act for years just to get attention, because he's already got all the money he'll ever need.
:tongue:

I seriously doubt that he's loaded. I used to work near Irving Park & Ashland (also known as hell for a Sox fan), and I saw Woo-woo at least once every few weeks washing windows for the area businesses. Oh, and i've never seen him without his usual clothes - wearing the full Cubs uniform incuding spikes and jacket (when colder.)

If the Cubs want this clown around, that's their business, but Sox security should get wise that he doesn't belong at the Cell and eventually someone could get hurt over such a silly idiot.

RadioheadRocks
03-17-2007, 04:44 PM
If the Cubs want this clown around, that's their business, but Sox security should get wise that he doesn't belong at the Cell and eventually someone could get hurt over such a silly idiot.

Hell, if JR was able to keep Andy The Clown away, why can't he keep THIS clown away???

MarySwiss
03-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Oh. My. God.

This thing has a link where you can listen to him "woo" on purpose?? At least I guess that's what it is; it reads "hear Ronnie Woo," and somehow I doubt he's reading poetry.

I would have clicked on it, but I just ate.

Edit: Oops, bad move. I clicked on and read some Cubs fans comments. What is wrong with me? There goes dinner! :puking:

BTW, just back from Tucson. 4-3 Angels, but my first--and this year, only--Spring Training game always sets me up for the season.

ShoelessJoeS
03-17-2007, 07:21 PM

:kukoo: :puking:Wow, I'm really upset that I'll never get those 5 seconds of my life back.

:(: :angry:

NU Nish 13
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm a Northwestern student and I nearly flipped a $*** when Ronnie showed up at an NU football game this fall. Somehow he made his way into our student section and started doing his usual Cubs-WOO routine. I yelled out some profanities as some students started to take pictures with him, only to be met with several angry glares. Ugh

Frontman
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!

I thought you all were kidding that he got a movie made about him. When I saw the phrase "offical website of Ronnie 'Woo Woo' Whickers," I know we are now one step closer to Armeggedon.

You know, this is why they will never win. Spend all the money you want, Tribune. Your fans are moronic.

Back to the actual good baseball team that played yesterday, that was hilarious with Mack, KW/Ozzie. Then, later in the game when Mack fouled a ball off his own foot, DJ deadpans the "Hasn't been a good day for Rob."

Hawk, "No, it hasn't."

Classic moment.

Front

cheeses_h_rice
03-17-2007, 11:30 PM
“Ronnie is great for the Cubs with all the cheerleading he does in a very boring Cubs year. It’s the best Wrigley attraction after Sammy Sosa. Just ask anybody in the bleachers” -Ruth

'Nuf said. *****.

Dick Allen
03-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I swear, I run into Ronnie around town more times than I bump into actual people I know.

Then a couple random times just visiting friends on the north side. The guy sure does get around.You should have told both Woowoo and the reporter to get a job, or that you were sorry you interrupted their MENSA meeting.

IndianWhiteSox
03-18-2007, 07:56 AM

<Insert incredibly overused chunks tag>:bundy

ewokpelts
03-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Hell, if JR was able to keep Andy The Clown away, why can't he keep THIS clown away???because you KNOW someone would play the race card.

DumpJerry
03-18-2007, 11:01 AM
because you KNOW someone would play the race card.
You're post makes no sense at all. Quit while you're ahead.

Beer Can Chicken
03-18-2007, 11:01 AM

Ronnie Woo Woo at the dentist is high comedy.

veeter
03-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't know why, but this made me laugh. Maybe it's the way you capitalized it, suggesting "Booted Ass" is a proper noun.Exactly. "Is it hemorrhoids, Doc? No, I'm afraid you have Booted Ass Syndrome. It only gets worse from here."

WhiteSox5187
03-18-2007, 12:23 PM
were you a sox fan when you worked for the flubs? if yes did you get alot of crap for it?
I've been a Sox fan since I was born...surprisingly, there were a couple of other Sox fans who worked there, we were a distinct minority there and we got some crap from other ushers there (especially the elderly) and the fans were a pain in the ass (even the ones that didn't know we were Sox fans) but it was an okay job. I also worked as an usher for the Sox that year too. It was a fun year.

esbrechtel
03-18-2007, 01:36 PM

its like a car wreck....just cant look away.....there was even a picture of him signing AUTOGRAPHS!:mg:

cws05champ
03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Last Wednesday, my Sociology teacher was passing around those $1 newspapers that are published by the homeless, and are also sold outside of the Cell. Well in one of those newspapers, they had a cover story on Woo Woo about his life and his movie that was coming out. Curious why he's such a celebrity to flub fans, I decided to take a quick glance. It said that as a homeless child on the Southside, his mother often abused him. He lived with his grandmother growing up, and she would take him to Cubs games. Thats about as far I got reading that article before my head started to hurt...

Someone posted, a few months ago, a pic of Woo Woo at Buck O'neil funeral. Given the context of the picture, it was probably one of the funniest pictures I have seen in a while. I mean how in the hell does Woo even know Buck O'neil, or how he was even invited to the funeral?

I believe that was a fake picture if I'm not mistaken...

bigfoot
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
[quote=cws05champ;1511181][quote=Vestigio;1510776]Last Wednesday, my Sociology teacher was passing around those $1 newspapers that are published by the homeless, and are also sold outside of the Cell. Well in one of those newspapers, they had a cover story on Woo Woo .......... child on the Southside, his mother often abused him. He lived with his grandmother growing up, and she would take him to Cubs games.

That certainly does constitute child abuse! And by a grandparent, too!

soxwon
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
last year i went to a sox-cubs game at wrigly, i went into a bar off of clark afterwards, WOO WOO came in and all the hot girls were all over the guy, the sox had won that day, but he was wooing it up, with a blond on each arm.
i could't believe this guy.

itsnotrequired
03-18-2007, 06:14 PM
last year i went to a sox-cubs game at wrigly, i went into a bar off of clark afterwards, WOO WOO came in and all the hot girls were all over the guy, the sox had won that day, but he was wooing it up, with a blond on each arm.

Sounds like a champ to me.

:redneck

Brian26
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
all the hot girls were all over the guy

Like there are anything BUT hot girls in Wrigleyville/Lincoln Park/Lakeview. Get with the program.

Ron Karkovice
03-18-2007, 11:29 PM

I'm sure they went home with him afterwards too :rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
03-19-2007, 12:05 AM

If they were with him when he walked outside and stepped on the sidewalk then you are 100% right

Mohoney
03-19-2007, 06:54 AM
People smoke crank. People root for the Cubs. Sometimes, people do both, and sponge off yuppies to do so.

Let me get this straight. We won a World Series, and people are still worried about one-upping this retarded junkie?

Whenever you see woo-woo, or any other lippy Cubs fan, just tell them "Podsednik, Game 2".

Mr.1Dog
03-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Someone must have because he appears to have have procreated.:?: :o: And how/why was he on the Howard Stern show?

pdimas
03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I was at the Sox/cubs Spring Training game and actually got the whole section to start a Go Home Ronnie chant after his constant wooing began to give me a headache. Then I started feeling like I was picking on a disabled kid and stopped.

nlentz88
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
The most difficult part of being homeless was living under Wacker Drive in the winter. It was cold down there and you would wrap up with newspaper and cardboard so you wouldn't freeze. Sometime I would get frostbite on my hands, but I just prayed that that I would come out and go to Clark street. You never know what's going to happen in life, just like baseball. So it's important to know that you can take cardboard and newspaper and put it around your head and body to protect youself.

Obviously, I feel really sorry for someone who has to spend a Chicago winter on the streets, huddled under Wacker Drive for warmth.

But I can't help but find it a little funny that what's "important" is to "take cardboard and newspaper and put it around your head and body...." I don't know how he became homeless, but maybe it's also important to avoid smoking crack and keeping a job.

mrfourni
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
If they were with him when he walked outside and stepped on the sidewalk then you are 100% right

:rolling:

tick53
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
How in hell can a guy like that get semi-famous for the most idiotic catchprase ever uttered out of anyones mouth? I only cements the fact that Cub fans are idiots if they think this airhole is funny. I'd like to see The Get-Up Guy whup his ass in a Celebrity Deathmatch. Woo-woo this!

JayBeast
03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I was at the SOX/Cub game Friday in Tucson, it was funny to see the people in the bleachers clear out. Very annoying , even the Cub fans near us hated Woo-Woo! Who are the people that support him? Cubbybear Bar???

chisoxmike
03-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Whenever you see woo-woo, or any other lippy Cubs fan, just tell them "Podsednik, Game 2".

Why that? I don't get it...

JayBeast
03-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I have to admit, in Tucson, I got very unlucky and sat in front of a fellow SOX fan (and possible member of ZZ-Top) who was annoying as heck too... Wednesday he sat behind me on 3rd base side, so we thought we were home free Saturday on the 1st base side, nope!
lol
Some of you might know this guy by his calls...

"Bingo Time!" (asking for a HR)
"Capaint Clutch (Paulie) we want a Bingo for the Ladies!"
"Rally Time" (when we are up by 4 runs?)
"Crack it" (I think some people thought he was calling someone a crackhead)

Anyway, it was funny for 2 innings, but it just kept repeating... ugh!!!

daveeym
03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
In all seriousness Ronnie is mentally challenged and has spent most of his life on welfare and washing windows in the Wrigleyville area. He was married and had a kid but that marriage ended due to his drinking problem. Each paper has written plenty about him and his background.

Back in high school Wheaton North had a similar guy named Darryl that would show up to all their sporting events. Just like Ronnie, he would show up to many Wheaton Warrenville South games when we would be in the playoffs or had a big game. This guy was actually mentally retarded and a Wheaton North grad from the 80's. Like Ronnie he worked odd jobs and was best known for dancing on street corners around town waving a Domino's Pizza banner.

Frontman
03-19-2007, 06:44 PM
In all seriousness Ronnie is mentally challenged and has spent most of his life on welfare and washing windows in the Wrigleyville area. He was married and had a kid but that marriage ended due to his drinking problem. Each paper has written plenty about him and his background.

Back in high school Wheaton North had a similar guy named Darryl that would show up to all their sporting events. Just like Ronnie, he would show up to many Wheaton Warrenville South games when we would be in the playoffs or had a big game. This guy was actually mentally retarded and a Wheaton North grad from the 80's. Like Ronnie he worked odd jobs and was best known for dancing on street corners around town waving a Domino's Pizza banner.

That's the point though. There are a lot of people out there who have mental handicaps. They don't get their own offical webpage nor do they get a movie made about their life; no matter how wacky they act in public.

That's what bugs the livin' heck out of me when Flubs fans go, "Oh, be he was abused."

Guess what? So have a lot of other people, and they don't get free tickets to major sporting events nor do they get free airfare and lodging to go to spring training. Nor did they get to attend Buck O'neil's funeral. They also weren't allowed in at Wrigley during the 2003 playoffs.

Ronnie Woo Woo, and the way Cubs fans honor this guy, is exactly what is wrong with the North side fanbase. My question is, what exactly will happen to the Ronnie Woo Woo's, and the Mike Murphys, and the other "loveable loser" crowd do once the Cubs win the series?

Personally, I'd love to see the fanbase go, "Ok, you guys were fans when we were losers. We're not losers anymore, so please go away."

Hell, some of 'em already feel that way. My two co-workers who are Cubs fans; upon hearing that Ronnie had a movie and a website:

"Damn. How the hell did anyone come up with money to make one, and they sure aren't getting Denzel to get to play him."

and the other

"What, did the movie makers lose a bet or something?"

:smile:

Vernam
03-19-2007, 08:07 PM
To me, there's something silly at best and offensive at worst about an adult being considered an "unofficial mascot," which is what his website calls him. That helped me realize why the whole Woo Woo phenomenon bugs me, apart from the fact that he's just plain obnoxious.

Vernam

soxwon
03-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Bobby bag o'donuts from WLUP?

thomas35forever
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I was sitting in the rightfield bleachers at Wrigley at a game shortly after 9/11 when Woo-Woo started standing right next to my seat and did his annoying cry. He even so far as to say "USA WOO! USA WOO!" and "Michael WOO! Tucker WOO!"

C-Dawg
03-20-2007, 07:06 AM

I know the guy! I work in Carol Stream, which is right around the corner from Wheaton North. He was on the corner waving the banner for years!

skottyj242
03-20-2007, 11:19 AM

I don't think he's a drunk.

skottyj242
03-20-2007, 11:21 AM
I was at the Sox/cubs Spring Training game and actually got the whole section to start a Go Home Ronnie chant after his constant wooing began to give me a headache. Then I started feeling like I was picking on a disabled kid and stopped.

That was the best text message I got on Friday.

cws05champ
03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I was at the SOX/Cub game Friday in Tucson, it was funny to see the people in the bleachers clear out. Very annoying , even the Cub fans near us hated Woo-Woo! Who are the people that support him? Cubbybear Bar???

Every Cub fan I know hate him. I don't think the Cubs fans support him. The one's that support him are the people that like to say they are Cubs fans...the one's that take the good tickets, leave early to the bars and just go to party and get wasted. These are the idiots and that want their picture taken with him and hang around him just to get attention from others.

WhiteSox5187
03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't think he's a drunk.
Ronnie Woo Woo sure as hell ain't sober...in fact, I'm nearly positive I've seen him drunk at Wrigley once. But, don't quote me.

slavko
03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
You are absolutely right.

People were taunting him, VERY harshly!

And then I saw him again inside the park during the game. Some girl went up behind him and booted him in the ass! And not like a friendly tap either, like a serious case of Booted Ass. It was lovely!:bandance:
Sox fans don't go around kicking annoying Cub fans in the ass, especially ones who can't defend themselves. I'm not proud right now.

skottyj242
03-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Ronnie Woo Woo sure as hell ain't sober...in fact, I'm nearly positive I've seen him drunk at Wrigley once. But, don't quote me.

There's a difference between being a drinker and being a drunk. That's all I'm going to say because I'll get in trouble if I continue.

chitownhawkfan
03-20-2007, 02:26 PM

He might not be drinking alcohol, but there is no way he is sober. Maybe a little too much window cleaner.

UserNameBlank
03-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Sox fans don't go around kicking annoying Cub fans in the ass, especially ones who can't defend themselves. I'm not proud right now.

Yes they do. I'd expect the same thing in reverse as well. If some Sox fan showed up during the 2003 Cubs playoffs decked out in full gear and started yelling stupid **** about the Cubs, I'd expect that person to get booted in the ass as well.

People need to learn these things. When large numbers of people congregate under one uniting principal, it isn't smart of an outsider to show up and openly, loudly mock them. Ronnie Woo Woo showing up at Sox playoff games is just like some radical Islamic fundamentalist showing up at an NRA meeting and screaming Jihad. Somebody is going to get mad.

UserNameBlank
03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Maybe they like his jar...
http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_6852.jpg

(I can't believe I couldn't find a better picture of Anton the Bum than that.)

WhiteSox5187
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes they do. I'd expect the same thing in reverse as well. If some Sox fan showed up during the 2003 Cubs playoffs decked out in full gear and started yelling stupid **** about the Cubs, I'd expect that person to get booted in the ass as well.

People need to learn these things. When large numbers of people congregate under one uniting principal, it isn't smart of an outsider to show up and openly, loudly mock them. Ronnie Woo Woo showing up at Sox playoff games is just like some radical Islamic fundamentalist showing up at an NRA meeting and screaming Jihad. Somebody is going to get mad.
I don't know if I'd go THAT far....but I think it is pretty classless to show up at the Sox (and the city's) biggest baseball triumph since the Eisenhower administration decked out in Cubs gear and cheering against the Sox. Just as it would be classless to go to Wrigley Field the night the Cubs are supposed to clinch the pennant decked out in Sox gear and cheering agains the Cubs. I'm not saying that if you're a Sox fan you have to root for the Cubs or vice-versa but everyone deserves their moment of glory. You can razz your friends all you want but I wouldn't go near Wrigley if the Cubs were about to win the pennant and start bad mouthing the team. I'd tip my cap and mutter under my breath.

Having said that, Ronnie should have known that that was a stupid idea and that he was liable to get hurt. I never advocate violence, especially at a Sox game, but common sense should dictate "I might not be safe doing this..." of course, common sense is a foreign idea to most Cub fans. Especially Ronnie Woo Woo.

Soxfanspcu11
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM

:?:

Ummm........okay.

A girl kicked him in the ass. So what? He deserved it entirely. It's not like he was jumped by 5 guys and beaten to near death. A girl kicked him in the butt. Better file a lawsuit!

Jesus man, get a grip and stop making mountains out of molehills here, it's incredibly unnecessary.

Personally, I would have loved to see him get the living **** kicked out of him, especially in this scenario.

But in this particular case, your stern condemnation of the story is just silly.

bryPt
03-21-2007, 06:40 AM
:?:

Ummm........okay.

A girl kicked him in the ass. So what? He deserved it entirely. It's not like he was jumped by 5 guys and beaten to near death. A girl kicked him in the butt. Better file a lawsuit!

Jesus man, get a grip and stop making mountains out of molehills here, it's incredibly unnecessary.

Personally, I would have loved to see him get the living **** kicked out of him, especially in this scenario.

But in this particular case, your stern condemnation of the story is just silly.

Um, yeah, at the 2nd game of the year last here, I was sitting in the upper tank with my buddy. Place was pretty empty. In walks a dude with a Prior jersey. The 20 people that were in our section started to boo and throw crap at him. One guy, in a leather vest and harley shirt, with a Sox hat on, walked up to the guy, took his beer, and poured it on his head. the dude in the Prior jersey freaked out and left, never to be seen again the entire day.

Yeah, sox fans don't harm innocent cub fans in any way.

Of course, if you are dumb enough to sport a cub jersey at the second home game after the sox win the WS, you deserve a beer bath, so...

Craig Grebeck
03-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Um, yeah, at the 2nd game of the year last here, I was sitting in the upper tank with my buddy. Place was pretty empty. In walks a dude with a Prior jersey. The 20 people that were in our section started to boo and throw crap at him. One guy, in a leather vest and harley shirt, with a Sox hat on, walked up to the guy, took his beer, and poured it on his head. the dude in the Prior jersey freaked out and left, never to be seen again the entire day.

Yeah, sox fans don't harm innocent cub fans in any way.

Of course, if you are dumb enough to sport a cub jersey at the second home game after the sox win the WS, you deserve a beer bath, so...

That is disgusting behavior. People who take sport allegiances that seriously have some real problems.

Frontman
03-21-2007, 07:43 AM
It's still a fact that bad behavior will happen whenever there is a rivalry. Some signs I've seen at Bears/Packers games make me cringe. The Sox/Cubs rivalry is something that is long standing, and I for one think October 25, 2005 ended that war personally for me.

We won, they lost. Now, granted; I'm not moronic to wear my Sox gear when and IF I ever go to a Cubs game.

kobo
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I was at the game on Friday as well, got back into town last night. I couldn't believe Ronnie was there, and at first thought I was imagining the Woos, but then looked around and saw him standing in the bleachers doing his thing. Whatever. It was annoying and stupid, and was made worse by the fact that it was almost 100 degrees that day and the game was long. I had a bigger beef with the moronic Cubs fans behind me who were swearing and saying stupid **** throughout the entire game. Come on people, it's Spring Training! Enjoy the game and the weather and just have a good time. Some jackass kept yelling "Murderer!" every time Uribe came to bat and then the guy across the aisle from me told me Dye wouldn't play more than 100 games because he can't use HGH anymore. Are you serious? I looked at the guy and said Prior is going to be screwed then too, and he shut up for the rest of the game.

I go to ST games to have fun and just enjoy the game without getting too worked up over it. But the Cubs fans around me were nuts. Next year when I go I am going to make sure I go to a different game in Tucson, I don't want to deal with that crap again, especially when I'm on vacation trying to have a good time.

My dad, brother and I went to see the Royals and Diamondbacks on Saturday. The Royals have improved but they are still the Royals. Lilly started and pitched 3 good innings and then fell apart in the 4th. Their bullpen wasn't much better. And the Diamondbacks were just as bad. Easily one of the worst ST games I have ever seen. Those 2 teams are probably going to be pretty bad this year.

whitesoxfan1986
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
It's still a fact that bad behavior will happen whenever there is a rivalry. Some signs I've seen at Bears/Packers games make me cringe. The Sox/Cubs rivalry is something that is long standing, and I for one think October 26, 2005 ended that war personally for me.

We won, they lost. Now, granted; I'm not moronic to wear my Sox gear when and IF I ever go to a Cubs game.
Ya missed the date by one day. It was the 26th when we won it all. I agree that the ring that the Sox have has ended my hatred of the Cubs. I live out in Wrigley West, so there are mostly Cub fans around here. Instead of bashing them, I now try(emphasis on this word) to talk intelligent baseball with them instead of the whole "Cubs/Sox suck" exchange. I do dread the day, because it's bound to happen eventually, when the Cubs win the Series. I just hope that the Sox have won 2-3 more by then because then it'll cancel out the negative effect. In the situation that the Sox don't win another Series by then, I fear that the casual fan will no longer show up at the Cell, and that the Sox turn into a team like KC or Pittsburgh, who consistently cannot compete because nobody shows up to the games except the die-hards(like us), while the Cubs turn into the NL version of the Red Sox/Yankees.(in terms of spending $$$ on all of the best players)

UserNameBlank
03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
That is disgusting behavior. People who take sport allegiances that seriously have some real problems.

IMO the sports rivalry has nothing to do with it. It is one thing if a Cub fan shows up to a Sox game and cheers the Cubs when they are actually playing in the game. In that case it is okay. It is a whole other scenario though when some dumbass Cub fan shows up wearing Cub gear when his team is not playing in the game. Any fan who does that is not trying to be some innocent fan. He is deliberately trying to agitate other people who are there to enjoy the game, and anyone who does that deserves an *** kicking for being so stupid.

It isn't just Sox fans either. I've been to many Brewers games and seen the same exact thing. It doesn't matter if Milwaukee is playing the Reds, these morons always show up with their Wood and Prior jerseys and annoy the fans. They always get heckled and run down, and you'd have to think that at some point one of these turds would actually stop for a moment and think "gee, these people really don't like my attempts at being an ***hole. Some of them clearly want to kick my ass, so maybe I shouldn't ever do this again." But of course, there they are at Miller Park again on the next homestand vs. the Braves.

Frontman
03-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Ya missed the date by one day. It was the 26th when we won it all. I agree that the ring that the Sox have has ended my hatred of the Cubs. I live out in Wrigley West, so there are mostly Cub fans around here. Instead of bashing them, I now try(emphasis on this word) to talk intelligent baseball with them instead of the whole "Cubs/Sox suck" exchange. I do dread the day, because it's bound to happen eventually, when the Cubs win the Series. I just hope that the Sox have won 2-3 more by then because then it'll cancel out the negative effect. In the situation that the Sox don't win another Series by then, I fear that the casual fan will no longer show up at the Cell, and that the Sox turn into a team like KC or Pittsburgh, who consistently cannot compete because nobody shows up to the games except the die-hards(like us), while the Cubs turn into the NL version of the Red Sox/Yankees.(in terms of spending $$$ on all of the best players)

Whoops. Thanks for the save.

Front

soxinem1
03-21-2007, 09:47 AM

On the other hand, I have seen MANY times that the cub fan comes walking to his seat like some freakin' Emperor yelling their pro-cub/anti-White Sox crap, with both hands full like a two-fisted slopper. They are naturally setting themselves up for a reaction from the crowd, especially when they show up at a Mariners vs. White Sox game.

minutia
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I hear you with regards to the Sox/Cubs stuff. I just don't care about them anymore. I used to hate the crosstown series because of certain Cubs fans I work with but now when they start I just shrug my shoulders and ask how did it feel when the Cubs won a world championship and go about my business.

chitownhawkfan
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
IMO the sports rivalry has nothing to do with it. It is one thing if a Cub fan shows up to a Sox game and cheers the Cubs when they are actually playing in the game. In that case it is okay. It is a whole other scenario though when some dumbass Cub fan shows up wearing Cub gear when his team is not playing in the game. Any fan who does that is not trying to be some innocent fan. He is deliberately trying to agitate other people who are there to enjoy the game, and anyone who does that deserves an *** kicking for being so stupid.

It isn't just Sox fans either. I've been to many Brewers games and seen the same exact thing. It doesn't matter if Milwaukee is playing the Reds, these morons always show up with their Wood and Prior jerseys and annoy the fans. They always get heckled and run down, and you'd have to think that at some point one of these turds would actually stop for a moment and think "gee, these people really don't like my attempts at being an ***hole. Some of them clearly want to kick my ass, so maybe I shouldn't ever do this again." But of course, there they are at Miller Park again on the next homestand vs. the Braves.

I couldn't have said it better myself, I would have no problem with people in Cubs stuff, when we are playing the Cubs. Its pisses me off because they are giving off this message that "I have to be here, but I don't like it." I personally don't fight with these people but I can see how it would happen. On the few occasions that I go to a Cubs game (a friends birthday, bachelor party etc) I dont wear a Sox hat, I just put on jeans and a shirt. Why is that so hard?

Craig Grebeck
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I usually go to a couple Cub games a year with my Cub friends and I always wear a Sox hat or something. I just keep my mouth shut and take a little ribbing. If someone every pulled that garbage on me you better believe I'd file charges.

Some people are just terrible human beings I guess.

p.s. If they show up to a random game in Cub gear, so be it. Grow up. It IS about sport allegiances. Someone is threatened BECAUSE of the team they support. It's childish and ridiculous.

kraut83
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I usually go to a couple Cub games a year with my Cub friends and I always wear a Sox hat or something. I just keep my mouth shut and take a little ribbing. If someone every pulled that garbage on me you better believe I'd file charges.

Some people are just terrible human beings I guess.

p.s. If they show up to a random game in Cub gear, so be it. Grow up. It IS about sport allegiances. Someone is threatened BECAUSE of the team they support. It's childish and ridiculous.

Showing up in your team's hat and enjoying the game is a world different than wearing a hat and a Prior jersey while making an ass out of yourself and your fanbase.

I don't condone wasting a beer over someone's head, but you're just asking for it in that circumstance.

AZChiSoxFan
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
My dad, brother and I went to see the Royals and Diamondbacks on Saturday. The Royals have improved but they are still the Royals. Lilly started and pitched 3 good innings and then fell apart in the 4th. Their bullpen wasn't much better. And the Diamondbacks were just as bad. Easily one of the worst ST games I have ever seen. Those 2 teams are probably going to be pretty bad this year.

ummm.....You're basing your opinion of the D-backs on one ST game you attended??? Nice. I wouldn't base my opinion of any team on anything I saw at a ST game. Otherwise, you would have to conclude that the Sox will be last in the AL in team ERA this year.

Not that these guys are the experts, but one of the writers for Foxsports.com just picked the D-Backs to win the NL West (granted, weak division) and ESPN.com currently has two articles talking about the great young talent they have. The d-backs will be a decent to good club this year.

chitownhawkfan
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Winning the NL West is like being the tallest midget. Doesn't prove much.

UserNameBlank
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
ummm.....You're basing your opinion of the D-backs on one ST game you attended??? Nice. I wouldn't base my opinion of any team on anything I saw at a ST game. Otherwise, you would have to conclude that the Sox will be last in the AL in team ERA this year.

Not that these guys are the experts, but one of the writers for Foxsports.com just picked the D-Backs to win the NL West (granted, weak division) and ESPN.com currently has two articles talking about the great young talent they have. The d-backs will be a decent to good club this year.

Winning the NL West is like being the tallest midget. Doesn't prove much.

The NL West is probably going to be the second most competetive division in baseball behind the AL Central. The Pads, AZ, and Dodgers all have solid pitching staffs capable of winning in the playoffs. AZ, Colorado, and LA have young studly position players everywhere. The Giants are the worst team in the division by far and even they picked up Dave Roberts and Barry Zito over the offseason. In all likelyhood, at least 2 and probably 3 of the best all around teams in the NL play in that division. It used to be a joke, but the joke is now the NL Central which has the worst starting pitching and the worst defense in baseball.

santo=dorf
03-21-2007, 06:19 PM
He smells bad, wears the same clothes, is a dead beat dad, gets hit by cars, gets arrested for making loud noises in the middle of the night, and is a "professional" window wiper.

When dumb Cub fans make a joke about Sox fans being crackheads, I always make sure to point out that Woo-Woo is a Cubs, not a Sox fan.