PDA

View Full Version : The skipper is concerned!

nut_stock
03-19-2002, 01:58 AM
In the Tribune, Jerry Manual was quoted saying he'd like a trade for another
pitcher. Also he said that Howry is out as far as setup man. That job goes to Gary Glover. So far it looks like this: Buehrle, Ritchie, Garland,
Wright, Raunch.

Randar68
03-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Raunch.

Well, I hope he's not raunch or raunchy!

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

No but his height makes his pitches obscene...

Iwritecode
03-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Raunchy? I can do raunchy...

There was once this girl from Nantuckitt...

:)

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Raunchy? I can do raunchy...

There was once this girl from Nantuckitt...

:)

I would think you would have a hard time finishing that limrick with a girl as the main character...

duke of dorwood
03-19-2002, 11:41 AM
We need a left hander in that group. Not Butter.

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We need a left hander in that group. Not Butter.

Well, Burly-Mon is a lefty. Besides, where is it written that you must have left-handed starters? Relievers, yes, but there are teams that have gone years without a lefty starter. The Dodgers once went something like 1000 straight games without starting a lefty. I think the flubbies have gone almost 500 (not that they are known for their pitching ability, but still...) You pitch the best you have regardless of which hand they throw the baseball with.

cheeses_h_rice
03-19-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

The Dodgers once went something like 1000 straight games without starting a lefty.

Wow, that is an amazing statistic. That's more than 6 seasons' worth of righty-only starts; incredible.

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Wow, that is an amazing statistic. That's more than 6 seasons' worth of righty-only starts; incredible.

I'm pretty sure they won a Series in there too. Kermit or Randar may remember better than me, and that was off the top of my head, so I could be wrong.

Iwritecode
03-19-2002, 12:14 PM

I would think you would have a hard time finishing that limrick with a girl as the main character...

Just depends on which version you've heard... :smile:

How about this:

What had 2 legs and bleeds profusely?

I have a good feeling this may get moved to the parking lot...

answer: half a cat. :D:

MisterB
03-19-2002, 02:58 PM

The Dodgers once went something like 1000 straight games without starting a lefty.

Not positive on the exact number, but between Bob Ojeda in '92 and Dennys Reyes in '97 the Dodgers had no lefty start a game. So all of '93 - '96 together is 582 games, but that's a hell of a long time w/o a lefty starter. BTW, in those years the Dodgers finished 4th - 1st - 1st - 2nd(won wildcard).

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by MisterB

Not positive on the exact number, but between Bob Ojeda in '92 and Dennys Reyes in '97 the Dodgers had no lefty start a game. So all of '93 - '96 together is 582 games, but that's a hell of a long time w/o a lefty starter. BTW, in those years the Dodgers finished 4th - 1st - 1st - 2nd(won wildcard).

Thanks. I knew it was a long stretch. I seem to remember another one from back in the 70's or early 80's that was even longer, but I could be wrong.