PDA

View Full Version : Brace yourselves...

thomas35forever
03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
But you probably shouldn't be surprised.
Sammy Sosa, a non-roster invitee to training camp, is being added to the 40-man roster and will be on the Opening Day roster, general manager Jon Daniels said Thursday.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070315&content_id=1844641&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp

HomeFish
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I can't wait to see the reception he gets at his first game at USCF. If he's still in the majors at that point.

ND_Sox_Fan
03-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I can't wait to see the reception he gets at his first game at USCF. If he's still in the majors at that point.

If he hasn't sneezed or sat out for a hangnail by then, he probably will the day before the trip.

DumpJerry
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Brace ourselves for what? He's playing far away in a different division (if he makes the team). The media here will ignore him except for when the Cubs and Sox play them (the Cubs have the Rangers on their schedule, but, IIRC, it's in Texas).

WhiteSox5187
03-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Brace ourselves for what? He's playing far away in a different division (if he makes the team). The media here will ignore him except for when the Cubs and Sox play them (the Cubs have the Rangers on their schedule, but, IIRC, it's in Texas).
I'd actually be curious to see the reaction Sammy got if he returned to Wrigley. My bet is they'd boo him, he'd hit a homerun and then they'd cheer him.

DSpivack
03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
I'd actually be curious to see the reaction Sammy got if he returned to Wrigley. My bet is they'd boo him, he'd hit a homerun and then they'd cheer him.

Just like some other returning star...

chitownhawkfan
03-16-2007, 03:19 AM

I dont think Cub fans would boo him. He would soften them up with a bunch of "I love Chicago berry much, they have the bery best fans etc." Sure as ****, he gets a standing ovation.

ND_Sox_Fan
03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I dont think Cub fans would boo him. He would soften them up with a bunch of "I love Chicago berry much, they have the bery best fans etc." Sure as ****, he gets a standing ovation.

I'd love to see him play right and the subsequent reaction from the bleachers as he sprinted out there.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
But you probably shouldn't be surprised.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070315&content_id=1844641&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp

Sosa has had a very good spring. I'm not surprised at all that he made the 40-man.

AuroraSoxFan
03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
May be a silly question but what exactly has he done to the Sox again where we'd boo him and hate him? They traded him when he was way young and Sox got hosed on the trade. Shame on Sammy for having a career full of HR's. I don't like the guy as a person. Don't really care that he ditched the last game he had as a Cub. But pretending to not understand English in front of Congress was bogus. for that I don't like the guy. But he still never really did anything to the Sox.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
May be a silly question but what exactly has he done to the Sox again where we'd boo him and hate him? They traded him when he was way young and Sox got hosed on the trade. Shame on Sammy for having a career full of HR's. I don't like the guy as a person. Don't really care that he ditched the last game he had as a Cub. But pretending to not understand English in front of Congress was bogus. for that I don't like the guy. But he still never really did anything to the Sox.

Don't you GET IT! He played for the sCrUBS! He sould be BOOED at all times! As a SOX fan, it is your right, nay, DUTY to do so and love it or leave it! I hate he hate me and you should too, SOX fanz!!!

Hitmen77
03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Sosa has had a very good spring. I'm not surprised at all that he made the 40-man.

Not surprised at all. He came to spring training prepared to make the team.

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/sammy_sosa_arrives_at

:redneck

SBSoxFan
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Not surprised at all. He came to spring training prepared to make the team.

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/sammy_sosa_arrives_at

:redneck

It is just unreal how thin he looks!

soxfan13
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't you GET IT! He played for the sCrUBS! He sould be BOOED at all times! As a SOX fan, it is your right, nay, DUTY to do so and love it or leave it! I hate he hate me and you should too, SOX fanz!!!

I hope teal is implied:D:

Iwritecode
03-16-2007, 12:46 PM

What, the simple fact that he's a liar and a cheater isn't good enough?

AuroraSoxFan
03-16-2007, 12:49 PM
What, the simple fact that he's a liar and a cheater isn't good enough?

Sure it is. But if all cheaters/liars in the game of MLB are going to be booed, a lot of fans are going to lose their voices.

chitownhawkfan
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Sure it is. But if all cheaters/liars in the game of MLB are going to be booed, a lot of fans are going to lose their voices.

True, players like Jason Grimsley may have cheated, but with their historical impact on the game being zero I really dont care. Sosa is a malcontent who tarnished records and then had the audacity to play stupid in front of a congressional hearing. I say, boo away.

dllrbll7
03-16-2007, 01:43 PM
They traded him when he was way young and Sox got hosed on the trade.

I don't think anyone has ever said the sox got hosed on the trade. They did trade him when they needed immediate help and got it in the form of George Bell. I have never thought the sox shouldnt have done it even knowing what Sammy went on and did.

TDog
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM

He did tell the media when he was riding high with the Cubs that playing for the Sox was like "being in prison," which I believe earns him some boos. He underachieved with the Sox, which should have earned him boos while he was still in a Sox uniform. The way he reached (exceeded, really) his potential with the Cubs is worth some boos.

I believe Sox fans are more justified than other fans in booing Sosa, and all baseball fans have ample justification to boo him.

AnkleSox
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM

The fact that he's a lying, cheating, arrogant prick isn't enough? Would you boo Barry Bonds if he came to Comiskey?

It doesn't matter what he did to the Sox (besides steal a much more deserved spotlight from Frank Thomas in the city of Chicago), it's what he did to the game of baseball. As a baseball fan, I believe that lying, cheating, arrogant pricks deserve to be booed. And if he happened to play for the ******* team up north, that gives everyone an extra reason.

AuroraSoxFan
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
The fact that he's a lying, cheating, arrogant prick isn't enough? Would you boo Barry Bonds if he came to Comiskey?

It doesn't matter what he did to the Sox (besides steal a much more deserved spotlight from Frank Thomas in the city of Chicago), it's what he did to the game of baseball. As a baseball fan, I believe that lying, cheating, arrogant pricks deserve to be booed. And if he happened to play for the ******* team up north, that gives everyone an extra reason.

Truth be told I don't see the guy doing too much for TX. He will swing for the fences and belt some dingers here and there. But he has had a pretty high K rate for most of his career. and his avg was awful in BAL. Now he's just 2 years older. When he comes here to play I will see him as a fairly easy out. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheCommander
03-16-2007, 05:14 PM

You have the media to thank for that,but on all other points,agreed.

Tragg
03-16-2007, 08:50 PM

I don't have much use for Sosa. But my goodness, he carried that team for a decade, for whatever that was worth. The way the northside and the media turned on him was absolutely pitiful.
One day he's god and then he has one off year, and the Cubs disappoint and it's his fault and he's a bum. (I know it has nothing to do with "revelations" about his rampant cheating - that had been revealed years before).

chitownhawkfan
03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't have much use for Sosa. But my goodness, he carried that team for a decade, for whatever that was worth. The way the northside and the media turned on him was absolutely pitiful.
One day he's god and then he has one off year, and the Cubs disappoint and it's his fault and he's a bum. (I know it has nothing to do with "revelations" about his rampant cheating - that had been revealed years before).

This I do agree with, for years it was "blow me a kiss Sammy, do the hop Sammy, we love you Sammy!" and they flipped on him so quick. It was almost tough watching.

SOXSINCE'70
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Would you boo Barry Bonds if he came to Comiskey?

****,yeah.:angry:

tick53
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM
A friend of mine threw that up in my face the other night at St Patricks Day dinner. He's a Cub fan and I'm not even sure why I'm friends with him.:?: He was a Sosa fan and I reminded him that I was Irish and the worst thing he could do would be to mention Sammy Sosa to me on St Patricks Day. He laughed. I was serious.