PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO: A-Rod tells NYY fans, if you want me to leave, I will

Fenway
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
from WFAN

http://wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=498022 (http://wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=498022)

Says pressure's on fans to make him want to stay
During an interview on WFAN yesterday, A-Rod opened the door for his departure from
the Bronx at the end of the season, saying that the upcoming year was a ... more (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/03/14/2007-03-14_arod_love_me__or_else.html)

from Bill Madden
'Loyal' A-Rod just after cash (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/col/madden/)
Rodriguez, who can't seem to shut up - at least when it comes to talking about himself and all his travails and options - was at it again as a willing guest on WFAN'S "Mike and the Mad Dog" show and, as usual, every time A-Rod opened his mouth, Scott Boras' words came out. As with just about all of the Avenging Agent's clients, it is always about what's good for them and never about what's good for the team.

SBSoxFan
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
The general consensus among his teammates is that Rodriguez will opt out of his contract, leaving the pressures of New York behind for another destination such as Anaheim or Chicago.

I wonder whose speculation that was regarding the teams.

Fenway
03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
I wonder whose speculation that was regarding the teams.

A-Rod wants to be back with "Sweet Lou"

Jaffar
03-15-2007, 02:56 PM

All while getting away from pressure and spotlight. He'll definately find that on the North Side.

palehozenychicty
03-15-2007, 03:35 PM

In the Post report today, he seemed to prefer staying in the AL. I think the White Sox are more likely to make a run at him than the lovable losers. Stay tuned...

jabrch
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
In the Post report today, he seemed to prefer staying in the AL. I think the White Sox are more likely to make a run at him than the lovable losers. Stay tuned...

Imagine him hitting 3 in front of Thome and PK? That would likely mean Crede is gone and Fields is in. Possibly means Dye goes and Sweeney plays RF.

I wonder what sort of shape he is in as far as playing SS goes. He's been a bad defensive 3B - maybe moving back to SS would be good for him?

wilburaga
03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
A-Rod is putting an awful lot of pressure on himself to have a great season. At the first sign of any struggles, the 'Opt Out' chants will fill Yankee Stadium. Plenty of Yankee fans resent him already, and, worse, think he's a choker. At the first hint of trouble for him this year the blood will be in the water, and the fans will let him have it, which, of course, is perfectly OK with me.

If he has another sub-par year like last year, and fails again in the postseason, I don't think any team will pay him any more than he'd be getting from the Yankees.

W

soxinem1
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
If he has another sub-par year like last year, and fails again in the postseason, I don't think any team will pay him any more than he'd be getting from the Yankees.

W

Oh yeah,, what about the BoSox? :smile:

wilburaga
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM

You may be right, but to this point Juan Uribe has been a better postseason shortstop than A-Rod. Anyhow, it should make for great baseball theater.

W

getonbckthr
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
A-Rod is putting an awful lot of pressure on himself to have a great season. At the first sign of any struggles, the 'Opt Out' chants will fill Yankee Stadium. Plenty of Yankee fans resent him already, and, worse, think he's a choker. At the first hint of trouble for him this year the blood will be in the water, and the fans will let him have it, which, of course, is perfectly OK with me.

W
35 hrs/ 120 rbis .290 average and 15 SB, that is pathetic he ain't worth the league minimum!

IndianWhiteSox
03-16-2007, 03:16 AM

W

I wonder which of these two posts make sense.
:tongue:

Cone on W, if he put up those numbers in a SOX uniform, you would be praising him like the second coming of Hank Aaron.

35 hrs/ 120 rbis .290 average and 15 SB, that is pathetic he ain't worth the league minimum!

Man I hope Paulie, Konerko, and Dye don't put up those numbers this year.

Imagine him hitting 3 in front of Thome and PK? That would likely mean Crede is gone and Fields is in. Possibly means Dye goes and Sweeney plays RF.

I wonder what sort of shape he is in as far as playing SS goes. He's been a bad defensive 3B - maybe moving back to SS would be good for him?

If anything, the only way someone like an A-Rod would stay is if Crede would get his deal. But I forgot that, we can't have Scott Boras clients playing for the SOX.

SBSoxFan
03-16-2007, 08:42 AM

I was thinking about that last night too. I'd assume his range would be less, and who knows if he'd recover it. :dunno:

Fenway
03-16-2007, 08:52 AM

UGH :(:

Top 11 Reasons Why Alex Rodriguez Should
Leave the Yankees and Make the Red Sox Great in '08
11. Coc0-for-4 Crisp isn't exactly setting the world on fire, again, so the old eighth spot in the batting order might be open for you.

10. Take it to the bank, Theo and John Henry simply love to feed the Scott Boras Money Machine.

9. Lucchino promises to zip it until the deal is signed, sealed, and delivered to the precious player's association.

8. Rumor has it our current overpaid superstar, Manny Ramirez, may be unhappy in Boston, and there are whispers that he may ask to be traded, which would free up some cash. Stay tuned... developing...

7. Current third baseman Mike Lowell is going to run out of Grecian Formula at some point.

6. Schill takes it all back. You'll see. (http://www.38pitches.com/)

5. You and Jetes could kickstart those sleepovers again, meet halfway in Hartford, or something

4. We're on schedule to change shortstop three times a year now, so you can have your old position back... for a few months anyway

3. Pete Rose called and said he'd bet every day this season that you'll wind up in Boston.

2. We don't even go to the playoffs anymore, so that paltry little 4-for-41 (.098 batting average) with no RBI in the last 12 postseason games won't even be an issue.

1. Fans here very nice. You won't have any of those appreciation problems in Boston. Sincerely, Keith Foulke

(with apologies to David Letterman)

Rosenthal: A-Rod Needs to Shut Up and Play (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6567174)
Newsday: Fans to Alex, Just Show Us (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sparod155131397mar15,0,1886851.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)
Mnookin: Theo, Larry, A-Rod, and the Red Sox (http://www.sethmnookin.com/blog/2007/03/15/ftm-post-peek-a-rod-the-sox-the-now-infamous-opt-out-clause-the-theo-n-larry-show-and-the-spending-sprees-of-2006-plus-jon-lester/)

SBSoxFan
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
UGH :(:

Top 11 Reasons Why Alex Rodriguez Should
Leave the Yankees and Make the Red Sox Great in '08
11. Coc0-for-4 Crisp isn't exactly setting the world on fire, again, so the old eighth spot in the batting order might be open for you.

:roflmao:

Soxfanspcu11
03-16-2007, 08:52 PM

That's all well and good, but just how valuable are those numbers when you decide to not show up in the postseason?:?:

santo=dorf
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
A-Rod's career in the postseason: .280/.375/.485/.860 6 Hr, 16 RBI's in 35 games.

Man, he sure does suck.

I would love to have A-Rod on this team.