Boston Red Sox at Chicago White Sox

Saturday, September 8
3:30 p.m.
Minnesota Twins at Chicago White Sox
Florida Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies
Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants

PROGRAMMING NOTE: The final two Saturdays are considered "wild card" dates. Any game or games (up to three) on that day's schedule can be chosen at the network's discretion, given proper identification to Major League Baseball. Games selected will be announced one week prior.

The programming note only applies to the September 8 game so far. September 15 is the last Saturday FOX game of the season so there is a chance they might pick up the Sox-Angels game that day.

ewokpelts
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
but dosent fox broadcast up until the very last saturday of the year?

itsnotrequired
03-14-2007, 08:26 AM
but dosent fox broadcast up until the very last saturday of the year?

Hmm, I think your right. Perhaps that two weekend "wild card" applies to the last two weekends in September. That's probably why no games are listed for those dates.

I want Mags back
03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
8 games!! crazy, who are we the Flubs

VenturaFan23
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM

I think it's great. I think FOX is finally recognizing there are more teams out there besides the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees. But for ESPN, it's hopeless.

PKalltheway
03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
But for ESPN, it's hopeless.
Tell me about it. Outside of Sunday Night Baseball, they have just shunned the West Coast games altogether.

It's good Fox is showing the White Sox as many times as they are. Also, I'm glad Fox is finally starting at the beginning of the season, and not waiting until late May like they used to.

IndianWhiteSox
03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
It's good for the franchise, but let's not celebrate too much over this.

Jjav829
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I think it's great. I think FOX is finally recognizing there are more teams out there besides the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees. But for ESPN, it's hopeless.

Finally? We had 6 Fox games scheduled at the start of last season, and at least 1 more was picked up along the way, possibly 2. We've received our fair share of Fox games over the years.

I think it sucks that Fox is starting so early. That just means the ridiculous Saturday afternoon blackout goes into effect a month sooner than normal. At least in previous years there was a good month or so where you could enjoy any game you wanted to on a Saturday without being subject to Fox's decisions on what games to air.

oeo
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Not quite, the Flubs get nine.

russ99
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Finally? We had 6 Fox games scheduled at the start of last season, and at least 1 more was picked up along the way, possibly 2. We've received our fair share of Fox games over the years.

I think it sucks that Fox is starting so early. That just means the ridiculous Saturday afternoon blackout goes into effect a month sooner than normal. At least in previous years there was a good month or so where you could enjoy any game you wanted to on a Saturday without being subject to Fox's decisions on what games to air.

Aren't those times Eastern time? 2:30pm isn't that late to start an afternoon Sox game, and it's a lot better than the later afternoon "shadows" games and the 12:30 starts we're used to from Fox.

It's great the Sox have 8+ games on Fox, but I'll be sick to watch the stinkin' Cubs/Cardinals games when we could be watching the epic Yanks/Red Sox battles. Too bad there aren't 2 Fox baseball channels (Hmm, maybe on that Direct TV Baseball Channel??) where we could choose the game to watch.

Jjav829
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Aren't those times Eastern time? 2:30pm isn't that late to start an afternoon Sox game, and it's a lot better than the later afternoon "shadows" games and the 12:30 starts we're used to from Fox.

I meant early relative to the season, not the game times. In prior years, Fox hasn't started their Saturday game of the week schedule until May. This year they are starting on the first weekend of the season. There used to be 4 or 5 weeks at the start of the season where you could watch any game on Saturday afternoon before their blackout kicked into effect, leaving you only able to watch games on Extra Innings/MLB.TV that started after 7:00 Eastern time. This year there won't even be those first few weeks to enjoy. They're gonna screw us from the start of the season until the end. :(:

spiffie
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm surprised both of the Saturday Cubs/Sox games aren't on the schedule. Usually Fox eats that up.

skottyj242
03-14-2007, 02:45 PM
This screws us out of a bunch of Saturday night fireworks.

soxfan13
03-14-2007, 02:58 PM
This screws us out of a bunch of Saturday night fireworks.
Its ok itll gey you home earlier :smile:

Hokiesox
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm thrilled they have New York games opposite the Sox games. That means us east coasters will be served heaping piles of Mets/Yankees instead of White Sox baseball.

Tragg
03-14-2007, 07:11 PM
The only one of those that's at least 50/50 for us to get down here is the Astros game.

Speaking of which, didn't we play the Central last year? I thought we're on a rotation - should be the NL EAst, n'est pas?

UserNameBlank
03-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I like the national broadcasts because the overall picture quality, graphics, direction, and camerawork is much, much, much better than Comcast or WGN. Of course it comes with its drawbacks as Buck is annoying and Jeannie Zelasco (sp?) lives under a bridge and eats children. I do like Morgan when he does the ESPN broadcasts though.

ChiSoxRowand
03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I thought they were gonna have a game every saturday in April?

ewokpelts
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I thought they were gonna have a game every saturday in April?they are

03-15-2007, 01:28 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6524072

Of interest:

The programming note only applies to the September 8 game so far. September 15 is the last Saturday FOX game of the season so there is a chance they might pick up the Sox-Angels game that day.

Because of Regional rules I get 1 of these games. Sweet.