http://www.mlb.com/was/photogallery/year_2006/month_12/day_18/cf1763466.html

has some real similarities to USCF.
Minus the Cherry trees in Left field..

roylestillman
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.mlb.com/was/photogallery/year_2006/month_12/day_18/cf1763466.html

has some real similarities to USCF.
Minus the Cherry trees in Left field..

Hmmm. Might want to rethink the blue seats.

crazyozzie02
03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
i like it. it could be a lot worse

thedudeabides
03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Hmmm. Might want to rethink the blue seats.

That's the first thing that popped in my head.

It reminds me a bit of Jacob's field. Which is one of the best ballparks I have been to.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
So will the trees get ejected if their cherry blossoms end up on the field??

FireMariotti
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I like it. It's what a modern park should look like.

It seems as though the retro fad is running out of gas as I look at all these new ballpark proposals (New York, Oakland, Minn, DC). I say good riddance. All the quirks and gimmicks that made the retro parks so attractive will soon be looked at as nuisances. Houston, i'm looking at you.

I am, however, happy to see brick included in a lot of the new stadiums. It is a subtle touch, but it makes a ballpark look so much nicer.

I don't mind blue seats in a stadium as long as they are a dark shade of blue.

skobabe8
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I like it. Not much of an exterior, but at least its not ""retro"" (yes, i do feel the need to put double qoutes around retro as it is now a caricature of itself). I like the trees, i like the scoreboard w/ clock, i like the pressbox being on the top level, i like the random section of red seats in cf, i like that the stadium is subtle and seems to fit the color scheme of dc.

Houston's dimensions are a joke.

I want Mags back
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I like it. Not much of an exterior, but at least its not ""retro"" (yes, i do feel the need to put double qoutes around retro as it is now a caricature of itself). I like the trees, i like the scoreboard w/ clock, i like the pressbox being on the top level, i like the random section of red seats in cf, i like that the stadium is subtle and seems to fit the color scheme of dc.

Houston's dimensions are a joke.
yeah that part confuses me

PKalltheway
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I really like the Nats new park. The cherry blossoms, I think, will really give that park a great feel and will let you know that you're in DC. I'm really looking forward to seeing its completion next year.

kraut83
03-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I like it. RFK is a dump, and the worst non-dome park I've ever been to so anything would be an improvement. I am confused about the area directly behind the plate. It seems to be pretty large for "scout seats" if that's what they are.

Railsplitter
03-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Looks like a beauty.

Luke
03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
It looks like it does a service to modern ballparks. Its architecture appears to be reflective of city of DC with a lot of steel, glass and concrete. It's nice to see designers eschew the gimmicky cutsiness, and just create a space to watch a ballgame.

INSox56
03-14-2007, 10:44 AM
CF/LF kinda reminds me of the new Busch really...

edit: now that I look at renderings of the new Busch, those areas look almost identical. LOL same architect??

WhiteSox5187
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
I like it. It's what a modern park should look like.

It seems as though the retro fad is running out of gas as I look at all these new ballpark proposals (New York, Oakland, Minn, DC). I say good riddance. All the quirks and gimmicks that made the retro parks so attractive will soon be looked at as nuisances. Houston, i'm looking at you.

I am, however, happy to see brick included in a lot of the new stadiums. It is a subtle touch, but it makes a ballpark look so much nicer.

I don't mind blue seats in a stadium as long as they are a dark shade of blue.
The Mets new ballpark is supposed to be a bigger replica of Ebbets Field, which is very "retro" and Oakland is supposed to look like old Connie Mack Stadium. I have no clue what Minnesota's will look like.

I like this design. I also liked the retro design too (Face it, if we played in Camden Yards it'd be the best ballpark ever).The stadium from the outside looks like USCF but inside it reminds me of Jacobs' Field.

IndianWhiteSox
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
At least this stadium has its own design unlike some of the other ballparks created in the last 10 years.

Norberto7
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know, I was pretty uninspired by the whole thing. And how far back are those upper deck seats? Maybe it's perspective or what not, but the front seats of the upper bowl seem pretty far away from the field.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though they incorporated much limestone, like many of the famous D.C. monuments, as I think they previously talked about doing. Obviously the stuff isn't as cheap as precast concrete, but it is still a shame.

ShoelessJoeS
03-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice looking park overall. Certainly better than that piece of **** they play in now.

DC Sox Fan
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Nice looking park overall. Certainly better than that piece of **** they play in now.

ANYTHING is better than the piece of **** they play in now... although I can't wait to be there opening day :cool:

You can follow the progress of the new park, and view older shots of its progress being built HERE: http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

Camera 1 is along the 1B line, near the corner, looking across towards LF. Camera 2 is directly opposite, looking from over Left Center towards the 1B line. They certainly are coming along with it!

Looking at the 1B line.. you can see the portal behind what will be home plate towards the right:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6982/thedcmajorleaguebasebalck6.jpg

skobabe8
03-14-2007, 06:30 PM
That cant be legal.