PDA

View Full Version : Final Cuts


HawkDJ
03-18-2002, 06:22 PM
I am really interested to see the White sox final team, because I really want to see if Rauch makes the team, and I hopes he does, and I want to see if Porzio makes the bullpen, so does anyone know when Manuel has to make his final cut, or when he is making his final cut?

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I am really interested to see the White sox final team, because I really want to see if Rauch makes the team, and I hopes he does, and I want to see if Porzio makes the bullpen, so does anyone know when Manuel has to make his final cut, or when he is making his final cut?

I'll bet Porzio makes the team. There aren't any lefties beside Mark pitching better then him. I would hope butter starts in AAA to get more rehab and we all know he'll whine and bitch about that, but he has to throw harder then 83-85. He don't fool people that much. So Rauch might make it. I'd like to see him , but he really should stay down a few months though to be safe. I'm not sure when the final cuts are . It will be interesting.

doublem23
03-18-2002, 06:46 PM
I really hope the Sox don't rush Rauch to the majors. The last thing this team needs it to expose one of its top prospects to Nardi before he's ready...

:nardi
roll the Halloween music

baggio202
03-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I really hope the Sox don't rush Rauch to the majors. The last thing this team needs it to expose one of its top prospects to Nardi before he's ready...

:nardi
roll the Halloween music

lol..good one...i think mitch wylie is making a last minute push for a bullpen spot..i know he was already sent down but they havwe him pitching with the big club still so them must be looking at him for some reason......howry was brutal today...if he keeps going 1 ip 4 runs the rest of spring training im thinking wylie could take his spot...osuna becaomse the set up man while wylie just does some long relief..

ill go with this:
1.buehrle
2.ritchie
3.wright
4.garland
5.rauch

6.wylie
7.porzio
6.glover
9.osuna
10.wunsch
11.foulke

howry, barcelo and parque do rehab assignements in charlotte..igniter has to go...god if he makes the staff just mail in the season

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by baggio202


lol..good one...i think mitch wylie is making a last minute push for a bullpen spot..i know he was already sent down but they havwe him pitching with the big club still so them must be looking at him for some reason......howry was brutal today...if he keeps going 1 ip 4 runs the rest of spring training im thinking wylie could take his spot...osuna becaomse the set up man while wylie just does some long relief..

ill go with this:
1.buehrle
2.ritchie
3.wright
4.garland
5.rauch

6.wylie
7.porzio
6.glover
9.osuna
10.wunsch
11.foulke

howry, barcelo and parque do rehab assignements in charlotte..igniter has to go...god if he makes the staff just mail in the season

:ginter
"Can I throw batting practice?" RPS will make me wash his car every week and laugh at me."

Randar68
03-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I really hope the Sox don't rush Rauch to the majors. The last thing this team needs it to expose one of its top prospects to Nardi before he's ready...

:nardi
roll the Halloween music

Rauch is ready, mentally and stuff-wise. If he isn't quite 100% yet, at least control-wise, only he knows.

That's all I'm going to say about this, but Rauch IS NOT intimidated by anything (unlike Kip and to a lesser extent Garland)

Daver
03-18-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


Rauch is ready, mentally and stuff-wise. If he isn't quite 100% yet, at least control-wise, only he knows.

That's all I'm going to say about this, but Rauch IS NOT intimidated by anything (unlike Kip and to a lesser extent Garland)

I agree with that,the only question I have is his health,his release point still wanders all over the place.

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


Rauch is ready, mentally and stuff-wise. If he isn't quite 100% yet, at least control-wise, only he knows.

That's all I'm going to say about this, but Rauch IS NOT intimidated by anything (unlike Kip and to a lesser extent Garland)

He's 7ft tall and not a skinny kid. I would hope he's not intimdated. lol I wouldn't want to charge the mound on him. If he wants the inner part of the plate, he can have it!

OfficerKarkovice
03-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


He's 7ft tall and not a skinny kid.

That's what really surprised me about this kid. When you are 7 ft tall I imagine it is pretty difficult to bulk up...unless you are Shaq of course...I think he is gonna be a star, and soon.

Randar68
03-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


That's what really surprised me about this kid. When you are 7 ft tall I imagine it is pretty difficult to bulk up...unless you are Shaq of course...I think he is gonna be a star, and soon.

Well, the only time in his life that he's been Shawn-Bradley-esque was the 2 years during and after he had viral meningitis. By all accounts, he has always been a well-proportioned kid other than this period which caused him to fall into our laps in the 3rd round a couple of years ago...