PDA

View Full Version : Good Enough Lineup

ode to veeck
03-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Nice article George. Joe Cowley is a bad piece of scum you can't seem to wash out of your Sox jersey. He's more dangerous than Moronatti because just about everyone save a few posters in the Roadhouse know the Windsock is totally full of crap, while some people actually take Cowley seriously, especially with increased readership of the Sun-Times vs the Southtown.

Sad to see Uribe may be past his prime at the plate, as he was the best breaking ball hitter on the club in '05.

On the other hand -- don't look know, but Brian Anderson's spring BA has spiraled up to .348. I'd love to see the guy pull a Crede style late blooming rookie revival at the plate to go along with his great leather in CF and give Erstad a run for his money.

AuroraSoxFan
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree. Sure there are some ? marks. EVERY ML team has them. Even the Yanks and their $200 mill payroll have some major ?'s hanging over their heads. You'll never have all stars at every position. but I really think Sox have a good enough lineup to make some serious noise.

jabrch
03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
It's easy to be a critic...

JB98
03-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Good article by George. We can't have another year like last year with Uribe and Anderson not pulling their weight at the bottom of the lineup. The best possible scenario is for BA to get it going. I feel Uribe is what he is at this point.

I think, though, that we have better alternatives this year in the event that Uribe, Anderson and Pods all continue to struggle. I wonder what the Sox will do with Terrero. He's out of options, if I'm not mistaken, but he seems like he's played fairly well this spring.

FarWestChicago
03-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Well done, George. :thumbsup:

ondafarm
03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
George, great article. I fear it's insulting to whale excrement to compare Joe Cowley to it. If I implement my plan to start creating rumors of sending sportswriters to the minors for poor performance or trading incorrigible ones, then Joe Cowley doesn't quite make my Little League team. It's T-ball for him.

Dan Mega
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
On the other hand -- don't look know, but Brian Anderson's spring BA has spiraled up to .348.

Its ok, the haters are still sure that he'll amount to nothing.

Frontman
03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Very well written. Glad to see some rational analysis of the Sox and their lineup.

Here's to how many more days?

Doesn't matter, as April 2nd the Sox get back to the Grind!

Hope we hear many calls of "You can put it on the board" and "He Gone" and "It's a White Sox winner."

Front

UserNameBlank
03-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Sad to see Uribe may be past his prime at the plate, as he was the best breaking ball hitter on the club in '05.

I don't know about that, but I'm crossing my fingers for Valido this year. His defense thus far, at least what I've seen, has been stellar and he's been hitting as well. It's been a long time since the Sox developed a starting SS.

MarySwiss
03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Way to go, George! That just might be the most attention-grabbing first sentence I've ever read.

I didn't read the column 'til this morning, but I was inspired to after my husband told me about some yahoo he'd just heard on a sports call-in radio show. This so-called Sox fan was whining about how worried he was about the team, worried about the pitching, didn't like the trades, etc.

These people really have to chill out a bit. :cool: