PDA

View Full Version : Fo those that see the sox on the road: Megabus serves all AL Central cities

ewokpelts
03-13-2007, 04:00 AM
www.Megabus.com (http://www.Megabus.com) just added KC to thier service schedule.
So, starting April 2, you can pay as little as a buck each way to see the sox in AL Central cities. Also, pittsburgh service has been added(sox are there in june).

Gene

IlliniSox4Life
03-13-2007, 05:27 AM
www.Megabus.com (http://www.Megabus.com) just added KC to thier service schedule.
So, starting April 2, you can pay as little as a buck each way to see the sox in AL Central cities. Also, pittsburgh service has been added(sox are there in june).

Gene

Interesting. I've been meaning to road trip to a few different cities, and if I can pick up a couple of round trip tickets for $2 a piece, I might and use that as an excuse to go.

skobabe8
03-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Where do you see trips for $2?? Is there a code?

Cat Thief
03-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Good to know. We are making a road trip to CLE in early April. This may be an option. Has anyone ever used this before? I am wondering how the service is.

itsnotrequired
03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Interesting. I've been meaning to road trip to a few different cities, and if I can pick up a couple of round trip tickets for $2 a piece, I might and use that as an excuse to go.

$2 and 45 hours later...

voodoochile
03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
$2 and 45 hours later...

No I checked the site. Most of their busses run express. The timetable says Chicago to KC in 9 hours with one break/change over in St Louis.

Chicago to St Louis is only 5 hours which is in the area of a car trip unless you are a speed demon.

itsnotrequired
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
No I checked the site. Most of their busses run express. The timetable says Chicago to KC in 9 hours with one break/change over in St Louis.

Chicago to St Louis is only 5 hours which is in the area of a car trip unless you are a speed demon.

I stand corrected. Damn, that's one hell of a deal.

IlliniSox4Life
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Where do you see trips for $2?? Is there a code?

I'm not sure how their pricing schedule works, but I think they probably sell something like the first X tickets for $1 and then stagger the prices upwards from there. Search the later dates and you will find some for $1 or $8 also. Then they go up to $15 and higher. You have to buy a bit in advance to get the promo price, but I saw plenty of them just picking random dates and searching.

Also, if you look at the map, Chicago is the hub for all their transports, so if you are leaving from Chicago, there won't be too many stops. I think Detroit stops in Ann Arbor, KC stops in St Louis, and Minneapolis sometimes stops in Milwaukee, but for the most part those cities aren't too much out of the way. I don't know, I've never ridden them before but it doesn't seem like too bad a deal.

DrCrawdad
03-13-2007, 09:28 AM

Gene

That's very cool! Thanks for the info!!!

MySoxAreClean
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
it be nice to invade one or more bus full of WSI MEMEBERS

i RODE THE SHORT BUS WHEN I WAS YOUNG

ewokpelts
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Where do you see trips for $2?? Is there a code?they sell tickets as LOW as $1. as the bus fills up, the prices rise. I just bought for april 3rd to go to milwaukee(brewers game) and i paid $3 to go up to milwaukee, and $1 to come back here.

StillMissOzzie
03-13-2007, 03:07 PM
they sell tickets as LOW as $1. as the bus fills up, the prices rise. I just bought for april 3rd to go to milwaukee(brewers game) and i paid $3 to go up to milwaukee, and $1 to come back here.

Milwaukee wants to make sure you aren't hanging around so they subsidize your trip back to Chicago.

I keed, I keed. I saw this last year and was thinking about a road trip to Detroit.

SMO
:D: