PDA

View Full Version : Parque probably not the third starter

Daver
03-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Expects to start on April 10. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=253&category=1)

cheeses_h_rice
03-18-2002, 04:42 PM
OK, so it's...

1. Buehrle
2. Ritchie
3. Garland?
4. Glover?
5. Wright?

bjmarte
03-18-2002, 04:46 PM
The article makes it sound like JM has found a way to cool Parque's attitude about being in the rotation immediately. Which is a good thing if he is ever going to work his way back to being a starter.

Randar68
03-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, so it's...

1. Buehrle
2. Ritchie
3. Garland?
4. Glover?
5. Wright?

I'm still guessing that Rauch makes the rotation, with either Glover or Wright outta the pen...

czalgosz
03-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, so it's...

1. Buehrle
2. Ritchie
3. Garland?
4. Glover?
5. Wright?

They might not need a fifth starter until a couple weeks into the season, what with off-days and all.

voodoochile
03-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Wright will get the third start of the season because he did so well the last time he pitched at SafeCo Field. I guess that makes him #3, but I don't think those distinctions mean as much anymore.

SOXit2EM
03-18-2002, 04:56 PM
The rotation should be set like this....... 1.Buehrle, 2. Ritchie, 3. Garland, 4. Glover, 5. Wright...........I think that Glover will be keeping Rauch's spot warm until he is ready to come up.......I wouldnt panic about Garland at 3. I think he will be ready.........Also Parque@Glover should be in long relief. :D:

MattSharp
03-18-2002, 05:08 PM
I am sorry, but with Sean Lowe gone, I think that Gary Glover MUST be in the bullpen. He proved last year he is a reliable reliever and other than Foulke every other reliever is coming off injury. I think Glover needs to be in the pen. Leaving a rotation of:

Buerhle
Ritchie
Garland
Wright
Parque/Rauch

kermittheefrog
03-18-2002, 05:24 PM
I think Rauch and Wright will be #4 & 5. I like the idea of a rotation with Ritchie, Rauch, Wright and Garland. That means Buehrle would be the only guy in the rotation who doesn't have plus velocity, all the others throw at least 93 with Wright consistently hitting 95.

baggio202
03-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I am sorry, but with Sean Lowe gone, I think that Gary Glover MUST be in the bullpen. He proved last year he is a reliable reliever and other than Foulke every other reliever is coming off injury. I think Glover needs to be in the pen. Leaving a rotation of:

Buerhle
Ritchie
Garland
Wright
Parque/Rauch

i agree..if glover is not in the pen we are in trouble...we need him there bad...ill go with your rotation

bc2k
03-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Who does this guy think he is? F parque. Where is the team-first attitude? "Wherever JM puts me I'll happily pitch." "I'm hear for the team." If he was a proven starter, okay, I can't blame a guy for assuming he'll start. But he has never been the ace of this staff, he is less than a year removed from major surgery, and is slow revovering from it. The only reason he wants to be a starter is becasue it is his contract year. I can't blame him for wanting to start, but I do take offense by his words saying he is fine and his attitude of how he deserves the starting spot.

9 hits and 4 runs in a "B" game? I thought he said he was effective topping out at 84. Yeah parque, you're ready.

voodoochile
03-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think Rauch and Wright will be #4 & 5. I like the idea of a rotation with Ritchie, Rauch, Wright and Garland. That means Buehrle would be the only guy in the rotation who doesn't have plus velocity, all the others throw at least 93 with Wright consistently hitting 95.

I agree. I am looking forward to that being the rotation sooner or later this season and I think sooner would be better. More experience for the playoffs and for next year...

Mathew
03-19-2002, 12:38 AM
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we went to a four man rotation for much of the season? I know it's a different game but good of the team means what?

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 01:56 AM
He wants to start, but if he dont........you know what happens...................

:butter
"@#@$%#@#$%$#@#%&^%$#@!!!!!!!!"

baggio202
03-19-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He wants to start, but if he dont........you know what happens...................

:butter
"@#@$%#@#$%$#@#%&^%$#@!!!!!!!!"

*****....parque has a mental meltdown every year..might as well get it out of the way early on :angry:

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

*****....parque has a mental meltdown every year..might as well get it out of the way early on :angry:

he's his own wost enemy. lol