PDA

View Full Version : Adam Russell

russ99
03-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Adam Russell started yesterday's spring training game for the Sox.

Does anyone have some scouting info on him, or what level of prospect, and a potential date of reaching the majors?

I share the same last name, and would love to get a jersey if he ever makes the majors. :D:

rdivaldi
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Adam Russell started yesterday's spring training game for the Sox.

Does anyone have some scouting info on him, or what level of prospect, and a potential date of reaching the majors?

I share the same last name, and would love to get a jersey if he ever makes the majors. :D:

Adam was viewed as a project coming out of college, he had the size and arm strength but not the control/consistency. Since then he has gradually improved and right now he's on the cusp of pitching in the majors. He's a HUGE man, 6- 8, 250+ and is pretty intimidating on the mound. His fastball ranges in the 92- 95 range, but he can get it up to 97 at times. He also changes his arm angles a bit a la Jose Contreras, especially when facing right handers. His offspeed stuff needs some polish, he tends to throw some rolling curves up there which get hammered. But all in all I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him in a Sox uniform this year, either as a starter or in the bullpen.

rdivaldi
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Oops, double post. sorry...

tick53
03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I watched the game. He didn't look too shabby either.

rdivaldi
03-12-2007, 09:41 PM

I thought he looked outstanding. The only reason he gave up three runs was because of a "duck snort" double and an absolutely terrible throw by Sweeney that should have nailed a runner at the plate after a seeing eye single by Ichiro. He should have gotten out of the inning with no damage, but that is baseball.

DarkHorse35
03-12-2007, 10:56 PM

Yeah I was pretty impressed with his work yesterday. When he struck
out Ichiro he seemed to have great movement.

BlackOut
03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Russell does have some great stuff. I actually played against him back in high school in an All Star game. He played for the cross town rivals the North Olmsted Eagles. I played for the Fairview Warriors. Although I struck out twice against him - I still like him. I hope OZZIE gives him a fair shot.

BLACKOUT

Oldfellah
03-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome to WSI Blackout,,, Though you may want to use a little white out and tone down the bold font!!:wink:

Hitmen77
03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Here's an article on Adam Russell on whitesox.com:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070318&content_id=1848398&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&partnered=rss_cws

SoxxoS
03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
:o: After looking at that picture - I give him another 10 innings before his arm falls off and flies toward the batter -

DumpJerry
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
:o: After looking at that picture - I give him another 10 innings before his arm falls off and flies toward the batter -
That pic reminds me a little of Liriano. Paging Dr. Tommy John, paging Dr. Tommy John.......

veeter
03-19-2007, 06:14 PM
He's a big guy though. Hopefully his arm can handle more. But yes, that picture hurts to look at.

IndianWhiteSox
03-20-2007, 04:51 AM
He's a big guy though. Hopefully his arm can handle more. But yes, that picture hurts to look at.

What the hell type of pitching motion is that?

big horse
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I've been long time friend of russell and played with him for 6 years. He is extremely humble and would be the first to tell you that his curveball is his worst pitch. But after watching the strike out of Ichiro, I believe otherwise. By the way "Blackout", stop leaving posts about Fairview Highschool Baseball, and if you are going to reference it, at least have the dignity to mention that Russell threw a no-hitter against you (should have been a perfect game if it wasn't for the backup third baseman).

JohnTucker0814
03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been long time friend of russell and played with him for 6 years. He is extremely humble and would be the first to tell you that his curveball is his worst pitch. But after watching the strike out of Ichiro, I believe otherwise. By the way "Blackout", stop leaving posts about Fairview Highschool Baseball, and if you are going to reference it, at least have the dignity to mention that Russell threw a no-hitter against you (should have been a perfect game if it wasn't for the backup third baseman).

trash talking on your first post... you'll fit in!

RKMeibalane
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Does anyone else besides me find it interesting that this person starts running his mouth on his first post?