PDA

View Full Version : Cooper to Vazquez: "Get your head out of your ass"

chisoxmike
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/292907,CST-SPT-sox12.article

''There was a big difference [with Vazquez after the talk], but the intensity should pick up when you get your ass kicked over and over again,'' Pierzynski said.

Note: Yes, I know Cooper didn't actually say "Get your head out of your ass" in the article.

itsnotrequired
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Cooper told him to pitch hard inside, not Pierzynski.

soxfan13
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Aj was just a witness:smile:

chisoxmike
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Damn multitasking....

Dan Mega
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I read that as well. Nothing like a good kick in the pants. He was just going through the motions and was getting killed. Finally, Javy was told to go inside and go after everyone. Then he became dominant. If this guy could just have his head on straight 100% of the time, he will do just fine.

itsnotrequired
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I read that as well. Nothing like a good kick in the pants. He was just going through the motions and was getting killed. Finally, Javy was told to go inside and go after everyone. Then he became dominant. If this guy could just have his head on straight 100% of the time, he will do just fine.

These guys need incentives:

http://weblog.garyturner.net/images/2003/ggra6.jpg

"'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

ND_Sox_Fan
03-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Maybe I missed it at some point, but given that Javy has been a few cards short of a deck on the mound, I am surprised that he hasn't taken a trip to Ozzie's dog house.

Ozzie seems to be quick to send others there, but I haven't heard or read where he has publically taken Javy to task or even hinted at him giving 50% mental effort.

Chips
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
These guys need incentives:

http://weblog.garyturner.net/images/2003/ggra6.jpg

"'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-closing. Always be closing! Always be closing!! A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested? I know you are because it's **** or walk. You close or you hit the bricks! Decision -- have you made your decision for Christ?!! And action. A-I-D-A; get out there!! You got the prospects comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Guy doesn't walk on the lot unless he wants to buy. Sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?

SBSoxFan
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/292907,CST-SPT-sox12.article

Note: Yes, I know Cooper didn't actually say "Get your head out of your ass" in the article.

Are you moonlighting for the trib? :redneck

Sounds like Coop's going to tell everyone to get their heads out!

FedEx227
03-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Maybe I missed it at some point, but given that Javy has been a few cards short of a deck on the mound, I am surprised that he hasn't taken a trip to Ozzie's dog house.

Ozzie seems to be quick to send others there, but I haven't heard or read where he has publically taken Javy to task or even hinted at him giving 50% mental effort.

No, instead he gets a contract extension. Yet, if someone laughs after almost colliding with someone but still making the catch... they're in his doghouse. Makes sense.

soxfanatlanta
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Sounds like Coops going to tell everyone to get their heads out!

10+ ERA for the starters so far this spring no wonder Coop is frustrated. Yeah it's ST, but it's time to get some intensity going.

Vernam
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Good article. In contrast, Morrissey in the Trib used the Vazquez outing as an excuse to write another sky-is-falling column about the whole Sox rotation that, just coincidentally, took up page 1 space and helped relegate the Prior-is-now-officially-a-minor-leaguer story to page 3.

Vernam

Whitesox029
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Good article. In contrast, Morrissey in the Trib used the Vazquez outing as an excuse to write another sky-is-falling column about the whole Sox rotation that, just coincidentally, took up page 1 space and helped relegate the Prior-is-now-officially-a-minor-leaguer story to page 3.

Vernam
I knew it wouldn't take Morrissey long to get in on the fun Downey and Rogers have been having writing the same article every other day.

SBSoxFan
03-12-2007, 12:33 PM
I knew it wouldn't take Morrissey long to get in on the fun Downey and Rogers have been having writing the same article every other day.

I wonder what took him so long!