PDA

View Full Version : Garland's shoulder

RockyMtnSoxFan
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I just read on ESPN.com that Garland has some shoulder tightness. He said he had the same problem at the end of the spring last year as well. Does anyone have more information? Was that the cause of his trouble early last season?

gobears1987
03-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I just read on ESPN.com that Garland has some shoulder tightness. He said he had the same problem at the end of the spring last year as well. Does anyone have more information? Was that the cause of his trouble early last season?
His trouble early last year was caused by the fact he didn't work inside on hitters. Once he did so, he dominated.

dickallen15
03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
He definitely had a shoulder issue last year. Widger mentioned it after a game one time. It was amazing to me it didn't become even a small story.

veeter
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Rotoworld says that Jon describes it feeling like a "knot" in his shoulder. And that he had the same thing at the end of spring training last year. Also, that there is no pain. Hermie will get him straight.

chisox77
03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I hope that's it. Garland has always put in the innings over the last 6-7 years. He's been pretty durable, and lately, quite good. He should do well in the #2 spot, if this is nothing serious.

:cool:

BainesHOF
03-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Throwing a baseball overhand is not a natural motion for an arm. That's what spring training is for, to recondition the arm to move unnaturally. Some tightness and soreness is absolutely normal.

itsnotrequired
03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Rotoworld says that Jon describes it feeling like a "knot" in his shoulder. And that he had the same thing at the end of spring training last year. Also, that there is no pain. Hermie will get him straight.

If there is no pain or discomfort, why would Herm be involved?

JB98
03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
If there is no pain or discomfort, why would Herm be involved?

I'm pretty sure Herm does a lot of work with the players to prevent injury. He's involved in a lot of stuff where no pain or discomfort are involved.

goon
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
No need to worry, as said, this happened last spring training and Jon worked through it. No big deal.