PDA

View Full Version : Yet another parking question

Timmy D's
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
O.K. I did a search on this, but couldnt find a clear answer, so I'll roll the dice and try asking here. I haven't gotten an answer from my rep yet on this, so kinda wanna figure this out. This is the 1st year I didnt get a parking pass w/ my FS tix, as w/ the Dan Ryan construction I ended up trainin alot last year, and prob will again this year, however, some days I will need to drive, and wondering if anyone knows for sure if the passes can be bought on the exchange this year? I've heard mixxed reports of this. It would meen they would have to actually use the bar code on them this year, so copies could be emailed and printed. I doubt they have it, but figured I'd ask. Just hate payin all that extra money to Ticketmaster on the single game passes, but also hate the inconvenience of cash parking overflow lot hassles as well.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows. If negative I'll go to TM tonight and buy the ones I know I'll need in advance.
-Tim

DumpJerry
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
If worse comes to worse, you can use cash parking. Last year, people were looking for buyers of parking passes on the WSI Ticket Exchange. Post on it if you know a date or dates when you need a pass.

Daver
03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
You can park on the street off of 35th and State for free.

ChiSox524
03-09-2007, 06:08 PM
First try e-bay. Sometimes you can get the pass cheaper on there then the face value of it (which I think is $20 this year). I've also seen passes on stubhub, but those are usually higher than face value. If you check the WSI ticket exchange, you should find some codes for $10 off stubhub. Finally try ticket brokers, I have bought Blackhawks parking passes for under face value from www.goldcoasttickets.com (http://www.goldcoasttickets.com). I could've recalled seeing White Sox passes on there last year, but not sure if under face value.

Timmy D's
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Good ideas, Thanks guys. As far as parking on the street, for myself that's fine, but these games I need the parking for are the ones I bring my dad to. He really cant walk from say cash lot at ITT,or the street parking. I'll keep an eye out on the WSI exchange,and check Ebay and Stub. I hated to pass on the red lot this year, but I'm in a financial pinch at the moment, and contruction woes will probably leave a bunch wasted like last year. I realize I can only get greens at TM, and reds are hard to come by, but I think lot F is doable, w/ occasional rest stops.

soxwin
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm a shill for a ticket broker. That is why I got banned.

roylestillman
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
The best kept secret is the park and ride option for weekday night games. In the morning enter Lot A off Wentworth just north of 35th. Pay the lonely attendant the usual fee ($20 now?) and park along the 35th Street fence. Hop the red line to work and back down at game time. Meanwhile a ten pound bag of ice in the cooler keeps your beverages cool.

I'm pushing this because only about a couple of dozen people use it a game and I'm afraid they might quit doing it. Best deal around until that mythical Metra station rises from the viaduct.

07isheaven
03-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree. This is a good thing the Sox have. They should keep this up.

07isheaven
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
The best kept secret is the park and ride option for weekday night games. In the morning enter Lot A off Wentworth just north of 35th. Pay the lonely attendant the usual fee ($20 now?) and park along the 35th Street fence. Hop the red line to work and back down at game time. Meanwhile a ten pound bag of ice in the cooler keeps your beverages cool.

I'm pushing this because only about a couple of dozen people use it a game and I'm afraid they might quit doing it. Best deal around until that mythical Metra station rises from the viaduct.

I agree. This is a good thing the Sox offer and it should stay alive. There is a way you can get Lot F and Lot L (Green Pass) for games now. Go to the Box office and they have some. You can them in advance. I did this when I used the pre-sale. The price is still $20.

ewokpelts
03-10-2007, 04:47 PM
You can park on the street off of 35th and State for free.
with all those condos, i dont see that happening anymore

HotelWhiteSox
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
There's parking on the south side?

ChicagoHoosier
03-10-2007, 06:16 PM

Hope so - I'm still planning on it. I can't see it being zoned across from the police station, but I wonder if parking will be tougher.

Last year, I never had a problem parking there. Sometimes I had to park on Michigan or a little further south on State than I'd like, but only once was that necessary. Every other time, I was fine on 35th and this was JUST before opening pitch, as in hearing the anthem and fireworks as walking across 35th and getting into my seats by the 2nd or 3rd out (or when the Sox started batting when it was one of our better days on the hill).

Viva Medias B's
03-10-2007, 06:42 PM
As a sidebar to this thread, I wonder if the Sox are going to pave over Lot L. That unpaved lot is the one bounded by 37th on the north, Princeton on the east, Pershing on the south, and an abandoned warehouse on the west. It is where you go with your car when all the other lots are filled. There was also a Chicago Public Schools building at Pershing and Princeton. During the offseason, I noticed that the warehouse was demolished and the CPS building is boarded up (and slated to also be demolished?). This makes me wonder if the paving of it will take place.

DumpJerry
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Nope. They are not ready yet and they have their own parking.