PDA

View Full Version : Jndians won't sign Rivera

Iwritecode
03-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Click here. (http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/sports/10164475014316144.xml)

Paulwny
03-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Copy of a letter which was printed by newsday, so true:

Diamond Double Standard

If Ruben Rivera would have stated that he stole Derek Jeter's property in order to support a cocaine habit, he would have received a vacation at the Betty Ford clinic and received his full salary. Upon his return to the team he would have received a standing ovation from the fans and a lifetime job from George Steinbrenner in player development. Why does baseball treat its drug addicts with more respect than petty thieves?

cheeses_h_rice
03-18-2002, 01:24 PM
So which is it? There's another thread started by MattSharp that says he was signed to a 1-year deal.

Iwritecode
03-18-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
So which is it? There's another thread started by MattSharp that says he was signed to a 1-year deal.

I don't know where he got his info from. I got the story from their local paper.

duke of dorwood
03-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Remember guys, this org. tolerated Albert Belle's hi-jinx for years

MattSharp
03-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I don't know where he got his info from. I got the story from their local paper.

Now I feel like a horse's patoot (sp?). I wish I had posted a link for that story. It was on ESPN.com earlier today but has sinced vanished. I didn't make it up, so don't think that. I guess the story got rescinded and they took it off. But it said they signed him.

cheeses_h_rice
03-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Now I feel like a horse's patoot (sp?). I wish I had posted a link for that story. It was on ESPN.com earlier today but has sinced vanished. I didn't make it up, so don't think that. I guess the story got rescinded and they took it off. But it said they signed him.

Suuuure it was on ESPN today.

A little too much :gulp: :gulp: to start the day, Matt?

Just kidding...

Iwritecode
03-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Yea, probably the same thing as when Garland was "traded" for Erstad. They are so eager to report the story, that they don't wait for the deal to be done. Don't feel too bad about it...