PDA

View Full Version : New Sox Commercials

MinnySoxFan
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Yesterday, I caught a commercial on the Sox broadcast with The SouthSide Chicago Board Of Tourism. Some of these commercials are on youtube just type in TSSCBOT in the search box and three of the videos pop up.

dwalteroo
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Seriously, just when I think Brooks and Two x Four (or whomever worked on these) have done their best work, they find a new angle. These are hilarious.

MinnySoxFan
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Seriously, just when I think Brooks and Two x Four (or whomever worked on these) have done their best work, they find a new angle. These are hilarious.

I can't believe they actually created a website for these commericals too.

TSSCBOT.org

spiffie
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Man...West is going to hate these commercials. They just feed into the stereotype that all the White Sox and their fans do is think about the north side club and their fans. Sadly, it appears the White Sox have become flubsessed. The part about parking spaces in particular just reeks of comparing our park to Wrigley.

soltrain21
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Man...West is going to hate these commercials. They just feed into the stereotype that all the White Sox and their fans do is think about the north side club and their fans. Sadly, it appears the White Sox have become flubsessed. The part about parking spaces in particular just reeks of comparing our park to Wrigley.

I disagree. I liked the commercials, and it doesn't mention anything about the Cubs. It doesn't even allude to anything about the Cubs.

Those are pretty hilarious, and highly creative.

itsnotrequired
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM

This isn't any different from the "Us vs. Them" campaign from a couple years ago. Sadly, it would appear a great number of Sox fans identify with this line of thinking.

BainesHOF
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Outside of chiding certain segments of the media for their reporting imbalance, why anyone, much less the organization itself, would worry about the Cubs is beyond me? We should be concerned only about the Sox.

twsoxfan5
03-07-2007, 01:06 PM
The commercials are supposed to be tongue and cheek. I am someone who grew up on the Southside and now lives on the Northside. There are some Northsiders out there that have this image of the Southside and this commercial pokes fun at them, not the Cubs. I love it and the Sox or the Sox management should not be worrying about the Cubs, but the marketing group should be. It is their job to think of creative ways to get people into the seats and if they take shots at the Northside along the way then so be it.

esbrechtel
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I think the commercials are clever...one must keep in mind these commercials are not supposed to appeal to us, White Sox fans, because we have already "bought" the product, it is geared toward the more casual fan or people new to the city that there are two teams and there is a choice you are not stuck with the flubs....

esbrechtel
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Ha, see TWsoxfan agrees!

bayzbol44
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Outside of chiding certain segments of the media for their reporting imbalance, why anyone, much less the organization itself, would worry about the Cubs is beyond me? We should be concerned only about the Sox.

Bravo!!! Someone finally has a pair to stand up to the Sox fans who are so obsessed (following all their headlines, visiting their boards, etc.) with that other team.

chisoxwschamps05
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
i personally like the commercials. they are clever and pretty funny, including the TSSCBOT website

bryPt
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
the site is hilarious! I love the currency converter. All the quotes are from northside areas. great stuff!!!

bestkosher
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
My favoirte part is the section under unique sights. The fact that it mentions parking is hillarious and i also plays agaisnt the whole Wrigley Field no parking situation.

dwalteroo
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
The commercials are supposed to be tongue and cheek. I am someone who grew up on the Southside and now lives on the Northside. There are some Northsiders out there that have this image of the Southside and this commercial pokes fun at them, not the Cubs. I love it and the Sox or the Sox management should not be worrying about the Cubs, but the marketing group should be. It is their job to think of creative ways to get people into the seats and if they take shots at the Northside along the way then so be it.

I'm in the same boat - grew up on Southside now on Northside. I've actually found that Cubs fans really find these ads to be pretty funny. A few have even admitted they are "great." I don't think these were intended for us...

bryPt
03-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I disagree. I liked the commercials, and it doesn't mention anything about the Cubs. It doesn't even allude to anything about the Cubs.

"recently, there has been a push by local sports fans to adopt wins (W) as the local currency, but thus far, all you can get with W's is pride, respect and bragging rights"

Hmmm, I think this is directly alluding to the cubs.

soltrain21
03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
"recently, there has been a push by local sports fans to adopt wins (W) as the local currency, but thus far, all you can get with W's is pride, respect and bragging rights"

Hmmm, I think this is directly alluding to the cubs.

What commercial was that in? I didn't hear that.

PaleHosed
03-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Just checked out the commercials on YouTube and found them quite humorous, especially the Cell phone one.

Those of you so concerned that we are worrying to much about the Cubs are completely missing the point of the ads. They really have very little to do with the Cubs at all.

The point is that the Southside gets a bad rap in the media and through hearsay that it is a bad area to be in, while, as we all know, areas like the Bridgeport area around the Cell are actually great neighborhoods to live, visit, and watch baseball games in.

I really think that they could do a whole lot more with these ads if they partnered with other companies and organizations (restaurants, bars, etc) in the area to really show the rest of the city how great a place the Bridgeport neighborhood is.

Unblyleven Bread
03-08-2007, 04:51 AM

Doesn't mention the Cubs, correct. Doesn't allude to the Cubs, highly incorrect.

bryPt
03-08-2007, 07:26 AM
What commercial was that in? I didn't hear that.

right from their website.