PDA

View Full Version : Who bought bricks?

Jurr
03-06-2007, 10:23 PM
It's probably been discussed before, and if it has been, I apologize, but who all here bought bricks? I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a family brick for my Sox forefathers and the children I'll (God willing) have one day.

It's a way to make money for the Sox charities, so I just felt the whole General Principle thing take over. Can't wait to see my brick!

Damn, that sounded like an ad. I work for the teeth, not the Sox!

sox647
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
i got it last year. i'm surprised they're still selling those.

it's pretty sweet, you're also gonna get two replica bricks in the mail.

itsnotrequired
03-07-2007, 08:09 AM
it's pretty sweet, you're also gonna get two replica bricks in the mail.

It depends what you ordered. For the smaller bricks, you only get one replica for free but can buy extras if you want.

DoubleO
03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
My brother and I got one for our family. We ended up buying the extra brick. They came about a month ago. Pretty cool, can't wait to see them next year!

SoxShirt
03-08-2007, 05:28 PM
My brother bought one for our family. We still haven't decided what we want on it... We should probably do that... I can't wait until I can go and see it!

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 03:02 AM
I haven't placed my order yet, but probably will after my next paycheck. I'm not sure what I'd like to have inscribed on it yet, but I'll give it some thought in the meantime.

The plaza is going to look Awesome when it's complete, and you can't go wrong with all proceeds going to Chicago White Sox Charities. :bandance:

Timmy D's
03-21-2007, 03:27 AM
Got my brick the day they came available, I was like # 23 or 4 or somethin. Anyways, I thought these were long sold out already. Guess not.

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 03:36 AM
From the illustration, the plaza looks like it's going to be quite large, so I'm assuming there are going to be lots of bricks available. I'm thinking that as the spring and summer go by, they'll be selling lots more of these. Like a lot of folks I would have purchased mine sooner but I didn't have the extra $$$ on hand, but I figure one or two more paychecks and I'll be ready to place my order.

Timmy D's
03-21-2007, 04:18 AM
From the illustration, the plaza looks like it's going to be quite large, so I'm assuming there are going to be lots of bricks available. I'm thinking that as the spring and summer go by, they'll be selling lots more of these. Like a lot of folks I would have purchased mine sooner but I didn't have the extra $$$ on hand, but I figure one or two more paychecks and I'll be ready to place my order.

I think I recall them saying the total # being 20,000 were available.

minutia
03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I bought one. I should have the replica in a month or so. I am pretty excited about it.

KenBerryGrab
03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
My family is planning on getting one for sure.

RadioheadRocks
03-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Listening to the game on XM right now. Singleton just did a promo for the Legacy Brick program, then Farmio asked him if he was going to buy one. A minute or so later, Singleton told Farmio, "let's get a brick together. What do you want it to say?"

Farmio's response: "You deserve a brick today."

Ba-da-boom, tishhhhhhhhh

cbotnyse
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I just came across this myself and I def want to buy one for my grandfather.....what are some examples of messages you are putting on them? And if you buy one for the plaza, you get one for yourself included?

jenn2080
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I just came across this myself and I def want to buy one for my grandfather.....what are some examples of messages you are putting on them? And if you buy one for the plaza, you get one for yourself included?

Everyone gets one replica. I think each line is 15 characters. You can buy additional bricks for I think $60.

cbotnyse
03-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Everyone gets one replica. I think each line is 15 characters. You can buy additional bricks for I think $60.Nice, so its like buy one get one free? I need some advice on a message...I was thinking something like...

For Jocko (my grandfathers nickname)
Lifelong SoxFan
In Memoriam

cbotnyse
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
One more question...Does anyone know if there is a deadline to buy so it makes it in the plaza?

Frankfan4life
03-24-2007, 04:56 AM
I bought a baby brick last week. Trying to find my brick out of 20,000 bricks is going to be challenging. Unless they tell you where your brick is going to be, I can imagine a lot of people walking around with their heads down trying to find their brick. Once I find mine it's going to be so cool knowing my name is going to be a permanent part of Sox park.

RadioheadRocks
03-24-2007, 05:00 AM
I bought a baby brick last week. Trying to find my brick out of 20,000 bricks is going to be challenging. Unless they tell you where your brick is going to be, I can imagine a lot of people walking around with their heads down trying to find their brick. Once I find mine it's going to be so cool knowing my name is going to be a permanent part of Sox park.

According to the website, it looks like prior to the unveiling (currently set for Opening Day 2008), they'll provide all brick purchasers with a locator map so they'll be able to find their brick. :bandance:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/brick_paver.jsp?partnerId=2007hp_clubpromo_cws_bri ck&affiliateID=2007hp_clubpromo_cws_brick

jenn2080
03-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Nice, so its like buy one get one free? I need some advice on a message...I was thinking something like...

For Jocko (my grandfathers nickname)
Lifelong SoxFan
In Memoriam

What is wrong with that message? It is personal and good. I think my mom just put GO GO White Sox and our names. She bought my brothers and I an brick for X-mas.

cbotnyse
03-24-2007, 10:14 AM
What is wrong with that message? It is personal and good. I think my mom just put GO GO White Sox and our names. She bought my brothers and I an brick for X-mas.nothing wrong with it, just asking what other people may have put on their brick. :smile: I won't have mine in by opening day, but I doubt it is sold out right?

DumpJerry
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I just placed an order for my dad. He was born 9 years after the 1917 World Series and left us 11 months before the 2005 Series.:whiner:

RadioheadRocks
04-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Just ordered mine Friday night. Went all out and got one of the 8" X 8" pavers with the Sox logo (go big or go home, I always say!) and my message reads: THANKS FOR A LIFETIME OF GREAT MEMORIES, with my name on the last line. It's gonna be WAY cool and I can't wait to get the replica.

Jurr
04-09-2007, 08:27 AM
I bought my brick a while ago, yet I have only received the certificate. Have any of you received the replica brick yet?

Law11
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Just received a certificate from the sox stating how mine will read and if I have any changes to contact them immediately. My duplicate will arrive 6-8 weeks from the date of the letter which i got this weekend..

my brick no is 0000000999 per this certificate..

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I bought my brick a while ago, yet I have only received the certificate. Have any of you received the replica brick yet?

They were pretty far behind in making the bricks. I ordered mine in December, and the estimate I was given for the brick was mid-April.

DumpJerry
06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
My replica brick arrived today.

It looks nice!

itsnotrequired
06-14-2007, 08:38 PM
My replica brick arrived today.

It looks nice!

I can see the inscrpition now...

here lies
dumpjerry
flubbsessed

:D:

MRM
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Where can you buy them? My father passed away in January of '06 but at least he got to see the team he loved win before he passed. I can't think of any cooler way to honor him this fathers day than to purchase a brick in his name.

Brian26
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Where can you buy them?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/brick_paver.jsp

DumpJerry
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
I can see the inscrpition now...

here lies
dumpjerry
flubbsessed

:D:
LOL.

Actually it's a tribute to my dad, a lifelong Sox fan, who passed away 11 months too soon.

My mom and Cub-fan brother kicked in for it with me.

Law11
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Got my brick and oops they gave me 2 replicas... I paid for one..

itsnotrequired
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Got my brick and oops they gave me 2 replicas... I paid for one..

That second brick is the actual one that will go in the monument. Haven't you heard? Bricks purchased after May 1 must be installed by the purchaser. Buyer beware.

RadioheadRocks
06-14-2007, 10:42 PM
My replica brick arrived yesterday, it's way cool! :bandance:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Just bought mine - father's day present for my dad. I put our last name, his dad's name, his name, and my name and my two brothers' names on it.

Frontman
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I was thinking of getting one for our family, something to reflect the four generations of Sox fans in it. Just its pretty hefty for our budget, though.

MRM
06-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I was thinking of getting one for our family, something to reflect the four generations of Sox fans in it. Just its pretty hefty for our budget, though.

I looked at the price and it's not a budget thing, just a WAY overpriced thing for me. Along the line of it doesn't matter how much money you have, it simply isn't prudent to spend $25 for an ice cream cone.

Law11
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
That second brick is the actual one that will go in the monument. Haven't you heard? Bricks purchased after May 1 must be installed by the purchaser. Buyer beware.

Should this be in teal? if youre joking you got me...

Taz
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Got one for my parents (Dad really) for raising me a Sox fan (while growing up 2 miles from the Northside ballpark...

Got one for the wife and I too...

MushMouth
06-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Just found out the wife bought one for me for my first father's day - inscribed with my son's name, very cool.

Can't wait to see them