PDA

View Full Version : Jenks update

CHISOXFAN13
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
According to my "sources," Bobby threw one inning in the "B" game today, allowing one hit and one walk.

He threw 14 strikes in 23 pitches and topped 94 on the gun.

He reported no pain or tightness in the shoulder. Great news.

Soxfanspcu11
03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
This is/was up on Whitesox.com today, I don't know how many of you got a chance to read it, but here is the link;

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070305&content_id=1829249&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

I know that there were a few people on here concerned about his shoulder, but judging from this, he is just fine.

I especially liked the part where it said he was hitting 93-94 consistently and hitting all of his spots.

When asked about his velocity afterward, he said that he wasn't even trying to throw hard, just more concerned with feeling good on the mound.

I personally believe that Bobby has a great shot at Thiggy's record this year, I really really hope so!!!

:gulp: to you BAD BOBBY!!!!

GlassSox
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the link. It is great to read that he felt good on the mound.

We really need Bobby to be in good form this year.

ondafarm
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
It just didn't sound like he was badly injured.

Murphy10
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah I was getting a lot of "Jenks got injured your screwed" from themost moronic high schoolers ever. I just knew that it could be nothing serious. And it's turning out to be right!!

Frontman
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Good to here that Sasquatch is doing fine. :D:

I like that nickname or "Big Bad Bobby."

Either way, let 'im throw the heat come opening day.

DumpJerry
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
yeah I was getting a lot of "Jenks got injured your screwed" from themost moronic high schoolers ever. I just knew that it could be nothing serious. And it's turning out to be right!!
After The Messiah's stellar performance today, they should be silent for another 100 years.

oeo
03-06-2007, 12:00 AM

:?:

Tell them that even if he was, Mike MacDougal could step right into that role.

soxfanatlanta
03-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I personally believe that Bobby has a great shot at Thiggy's record this year, I really really hope so!!!

Hopefully, they won't need to call on him as much as Thigpen.

itsnotrequired
03-06-2007, 07:20 AM
:?:

Tell them that even if he was, Mike MacDougal could step right into that role.

...or Thornton...or Aardsma...or etc.

:D:

Baby Fisk
03-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Hopefully, they won't need to call on him as much as Thigpen.

Yeah, Jenks taking a run at Thiggy's record would imply a lot of close late inning situations. If that's the case, it might be time to look into installing an in-home defibrilator.

Luke
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Good to hear that he's hitting 94 without much effort. If I remember right, it took him a good part of last spring, and into the regular season to get his velocity up.

Dan Mega
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
...or Thornton...or Aardsma...or etc.

:D:

Or quite possibly the entire bullpen when all is said and done.

soxfanatlanta
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, Jenks taking a run at Thiggy's record would imply a lot of close late inning situations. If that's the case, it might be time to look into installing an in-home defibrilator.

Yup. That, and I want to see Jenks finish strong in October.

itsnotrequired
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Good to hear that he's hitting 94 without much effort. If I remember right, it took him a good part of last spring, and into the regular season to get his velocity up.

Man-Mountains such as Jenks usually take longer to build back their arm strength than more aerodynamic pitchers.