PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Messiah now?

cheeses_h_rice
03-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Ouch (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2007/news/story?id=2788793).

ShoelessJoeS
03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Ouch (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2007/news/story?id=2788793).LOL! I believe there is a Jeremy Reed sighting in there too :redneck

Nellie_Fox
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, where's your messiah now, see?
http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/movie/SI/Previews/Plans-28551.jpg

veeter
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
How soon before he says his shoulder hurts?

Mr.1Dog
03-05-2007, 05:19 PM
How soon before he says his shoulder hurts?

:redneck I give it another outting or two before we start hearing about "soreness or tightness in the shoulder."

Nellie_Fox
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
:redneck I give it another outting or two before we start hearing about "soreness or tightness in the shoulder."Can't be. He's got perfect mechanics.

Soxfanspcu11
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This just gets better and better.

A month ago, flubs fans thought that they were a shoe in for the playoffs and were likely going to win the series.

Well, the season opener is only a month away, and it is already falling apart. MUCH quicker than even I anticipated!!!

Anyone else see Lou Pinnela's comments after yesterday's beatdown by our Sox??

It really is going to be fun watching them implode, and see flubs fans hopes dashed yet again! I'm predicting Soriano demanding a trade by June. LOL.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!:supernana: :gulp:

WizardsofOzzie
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Like none of us saw this one coming? Except those oh so intelligent cub fans that is :redneck

bigfoot
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Can't be. He's got perfect mechanics.

And those calf muscles.......!:dtroll:

DumpJerry
03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought Sweet Lou was the new Messiah. Or was that until about 48 hours ago when he had the audacity to criticize the team? Look at what they did to Steve Stone when he spoke the truth.

DarkHorse35
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Gotta love the ex sox players getting it done. I remember the glory days when I thought giving up Reed was unconciable. That deals see,ed to work out alright.

Whitesox029
03-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought Sweet Lou was the new Messiah. Or was that until about 48 hours ago when he had the audacity to criticize the team? Look at what they did to Steve Stone when he spoke the truth.
The Cubs have mistakenly hired a manager who isn't going to lie down and take all the blame for his players. I give Piniella two years in Chicago.

soxwon
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM

sweet lou? no its LOUPY LOU...

MrX
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I heard his fastball topped out at 84mph:o:

Sargeant79
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This just gets better and better.

A month ago, flubs fans thought that they were a shoe in for the playoffs and were likely going to win the series.

Well, the season opener is only a month away, and it is already falling apart. MUCH quicker than even I anticipated!!!

Anyone else see Lou Pinnela's comments after yesterday's beatdown by our Sox??

It really is going to be fun watching them implode, and see flubs fans hopes dashed yet again! I'm predicting Soriano demanding a trade by June. LOL.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!:supernana: :gulp:

As much as I get a kick out of seeing bad things happen to the Cubs, c'mon. It's only spring training. The beating the Cubs got from us means about as much as the beatings the Sox took last week. And most Cubs people, including a lot of people in their admittedly delusional fan base, weren't expecting much out of Prior anyway this year.

tick53
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, where's your messiah now, see?
http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/movie/SI/Previews/Plans-28551.jpg

"All in your service, true Son Of Pharoah."

Vernam
03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
First, I have to say this is my candidate for funniest thread title ever, cheeses. It's even seasonally appropriate. :roflmao:

I thought Sweet Lou was the new Messiah. Or was that until about 48 hours ago when he had the audacity to criticize the team? Look at what they did to Steve Stone when he spoke the truth.Yeah, it's totally funny that Lou bought the Trib Co's own hype. Say what you will about Dusty, I think he realized exactly how ****ty his players were these past few years. He seemed to be suffering from depression about it, in fact. For Lou, the reality is just sinking in:

"We've got some work to do. This is not some push-button operation," Piniella said, chuckling. "I'm starting to figure that out."Vernam

SOXPHILE
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
As much as I get a kick out of seeing bad things happen to the Cubs, c'mon. It's only spring training. The beating the Cubs got from us means about as much as the beatings the Sox took last week. And most Cubs people, including a lot of people in their admittedly delusional fan base, weren't expecting much out of Prior anyway this year.

Exactly. The Cubs (and the White Sox) have played a handful of SPRING TRAINING games. At this extremely early stage, pretty much all everyone on all the MLB teams is doing right now is working on a new pitch, or batting stance, practicing hitting balls the other way, etc., and also, trying not to get hurt. That's what these exhibition games are for, with all their split squads, and "B" games. Granted, this was worth a little chuckle, like yesterdays beatdown, but I don't read too much into it. It was The Messiah's first time on the mound in a game situation in quite a while. Now, if this pattern continues over his next 2-3 outings, when pitchers are gradually stretched a little further each time- 3 innings, then 4, then 5,-and he is still getting hit, and pulled after only an inning or two, then I'm sure we can begin the "Prior Watch", but until then.....

34rancher
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I heard his fastball topped out at 84mph:o:

Let's see...fastball velocity drops. Has a few injuries that are weird for someone with such perfect mechanics...Sounds like a pitcher the Sox once acquired from Oakland that was a closer. Hello Billy Koch, oh where are you now? Not like the Bay area had produced anything like that the past few years....

ilsox7
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello Billy Koch, oh where are you now?

Him and his family have actually been diagnosed with a rare disease.

34rancher
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Him and his family have actually been diagnosed with a rare disease.

Very bizarre indeed. (http://www.ktvu.com/news/9264350/detail.html) I hope they figure it out, as that is just too weird. I would be freaking out if I were the guy to buy his house after he was traded to the Sox...Maybe it was Mark...

chisoxmike
03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
1) It's Spring Training

2) None of the Sox starters were stellar their first outing of the spring.

3) It's Spring Training

SOX ADDICT '73
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
But Wood was dominant. Throwing 95 mph fastballs and sliders...
I'm sure he's feeling great now, but if his throwing motion/mechanics haven't changed, isn't it only a matter of time before he's hurt - AGAIN?

DumpJerry
03-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, it's totally funny that Lou bought the Trib Co's own hype. Say what you will about Dusty, I think he realized exactly how ****ty his players were these past few years. He seemed to be suffering from depression about it, in fact. For Lou, the reality is just sinking in:

Vernam
When I was watching the game on Sunday and Ramirez did not run out the DP in the First, I expected Lou to come out and shoot him. That is what we were told about him. The thing is, from watching that play on the television, it looked like Ramirez would have beaten the if he ran it out.

Oh well. Not our problem.

Nellie_Fox
03-06-2007, 12:57 AM
When I was watching the game on Sunday and Ramirez did not run out the DP in the First, I expected Lou to come out and shoot him. That is what we were told about him. The thing is, from watching that play on the television, it looked like Ramirez would have beaten the if he ran it out.

Oh well. Not our problem.I was really expecting to see Lou looking very pissed and throwing things around in the dugout. Ramirez wasn't even in the picture yet as the throw arrived at first, so I thought he must have pulled up injured. When I realized he was just dogging it, with Piniella in the dugout...???

RadioheadRocks
03-06-2007, 04:40 AM
Can't be. He's got perfect mechanics.

Yep, and I heard they're all at Meineke's. :roflmao:

Ba-da-boom, tishhhhhhhhhh

DumpJerry
03-06-2007, 08:00 AM
I was really expecting to see Lou looking very pissed and throwing things around in the dugout. Ramirez wasn't even in the picture yet as the throw arrived at first, so I thought he must have pulled up injured. When I realized he was just dogging it, with Piniella in the dugout...???
My thoughts exactly. Maybe they need to test the drinking water in the clubhouse to see what it is that has turned Lou into Dusty.

Not tha this is anything for us to worry about, but it does provide great theater.

Jerksticks
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
While most cub fans may say that they are not counting on Prior this season, they totally are. My buddies that root for the team always brim with confidence and say, "Man, AND if PRIOR'S healthy, we'll win like 95-96 games, maybe 100! But we aren't counting on him this year".

Shut your face, yea you are.
Zambrano- 18 wins
Lilly- 12 wins
Hill- 10-12 wins
Marquis- 10-12 wins
Miller- gimme a break maybe 10 if he even pitches
Cotts- gimme a break

This whole season hinges on Prior being effective IMO.

They could really suck this season, and if they do man, I really see that pissing a huge chunk of their fanbase off. I mean this is their year to explode or impload.

How much importance do you guys put this dude?

DumpJerry
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
We already have a thread about Prior. Merged.

AuroraSoxFan
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
While most cub fans may say that they are not counting on Prior this season, they totally are. My buddies that root for the team always brim with confidence and say, "Man, AND if PRIOR'S healthy, we'll win like 95-96 games, maybe 100! But we aren't counting on him this year".

Shut your face, yea you are.
Zambrano- 18 wins
Lilly- 12 wins
Hill- 10-12 wins
Marquis- 10-12 wins
Miller- gimme a break maybe 10 if he even pitches
Cotts- gimme a break

This whole season hinges on Prior being effective IMO.

They could really suck this season, and if they do man, I really see that pissing a huge chunk of their fanbase off. I mean this is their year to explode or impload.

How much importance do you guys put this dude?

To answer your ? of how much importance to place on the guy..........

not enough to pay attention to the cute little soap opera he comes with. If I were a theater fan I'd be all over his dramatics. But as a baseball fan I really don't care much about his episodes.

minutia
03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I give Piniella two years in Chicago.
Is there an over/under on that yet?

PaulDrake
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
As much as I get a kick out of seeing bad things happen to the Cubs, c'mon. It's only spring training. The beating the Cubs got from us means about as much as the beatings the Sox took last week. And most Cubs people, including a lot of people in their admittedly delusional fan base, weren't expecting much out of Prior anyway this year. Ordinarily I'd agree with you. However, this guy was supposed to be the best right hander since Walter Johnson. Now with all that's happened it's getting comical, at least to this Sox fan. With "messiahs' like this no wonder they're closing in on a century of futility.

SBSoxFan
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
How the mighty have fallen! He's in a battle for the 5th spot (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070307cubs,1,2743476.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) with wade miller.