PDA

View Full Version : I love the White Sox

veeter
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
In a seemingly meaningless play, during a blow out, Casey Rogowski went from first to third, on a Jerry Owens single. The ball was softly hit, but a speedy cub rookie, who I would hope is trying to make the team, got to it fairly quickly. Casey then looks at the guy, and goes for third. The rookie then very lazily lobs the ball into second. This small thing told me why the Sox are what they are, and why the cubs are what they are. I thought Rogowski was bluffing at first. No, he was hustling all the way. Great win today: total dominance. Nice job Sox. Keep up the great WORK.

DMarte708
03-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Looks like another victim of someone underestimating Rogowski's speed.

WizardsofOzzie
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
In a seemingly meaningless play, during a blow out, Casey Rogowski went from first to third, on a Jerry Owens single. The ball was softly hit, but a speedy cub rookie, who I would hope is trying to make the team, got to it fairly quickly. Casey then looks at the guy, and goes for third. The rookie then very lazily lobs the ball into second. This small thing told me why the Sox are what they are, and why the cubs are what they are. I thought Rogowski was bluffing at first. No, he was hustling all the way. Great win today: total dominance. Nice job Sox. Keep up the great WORK.
I noticed that too. That was great!

Looks like another victim of someone underestimating Rogowski's speed.
Or another lazy rookie who wants to follow in the footsteps of Aramis "I don't run out ground balls" Ramirez

tick53
03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Everyone looked good. Too bad the first broadcast of the year had to be Cubs cast, but the end result was great. Just nice to see live baseball again.

QCIASOXFAN
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Everyone looked good. Too bad the first broadcast of the year had to be Cubs cast, but the end result was great. Just nice to see live baseball again.
I can't wait to strap it down next weekend with Hawk & DJ.:wired:

bafiarocks03
03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I was at the mall..ANd like trying to hurry to get home! So i'm in the car and I hear them starting the lineups, i'm like omG! I gott SOO Excited!!!

Then I got home..And put it on!!....

And it made me all HAPPY inside.

I love baseball!

Not to mention..How amazing Brian Anderson happened to look.

KRS1
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Let me start by saying I also love the White Sox, but today is dedicating to loving my girlfriend. This morning she came to my house and told me she had a present for me. It was a pair of tickets to the game!!! We went and had a blast, and even saw a few friends there. We had tickets in the third baseline seats, but decided to sit in the lawn with our friends. A guy behind us overheard us discussing where our seats where(wearing a Buehrle jersey). He asked if he could buy them for him and his son(around 5 YO I would guess), we told him just to take them and give us his, but he kept insisting he pay us for the tickets. Eventually(after about five times telling him to just take the tix), he called, took them and left with his son, very nice guy probably said thank you 100 times. About five minutes later he came over with 6 beers he had somehow collected, and told us,"I'm a recovering alchoholic, so if you don't drink these I might go into a relapse, and you wouldn't want that on your head would you?" So we ended up accepting his very generous offering, and shared a couple thank yous and good lucks.

Anyway, I thought it was a very cool moment between Sox fans, and wanted to share that with you guys.

On to the game. It was great. Got to see almost everyone I could have wanted. I especially like getting to watch Robbie out there at SS. Both him and Owens looked VERY fast out there.

I love seeing Brian play CF in person, because he makes it look so effortless out there.

Ozzie, please don't play Mackowiak in RF again. That play at the wall was about as bad as last year when he was in RF, and let a liner tag him in the stomach.

Every time I see Josh at third he just improves so much. The evolution of his game there from 05' fall league, to last years ST, all the way to today, is just incredible.

Gio and Danks both looked good out there, and I was very happy to see them. They both have some great composure for 21 year olds against much more experienced competition. Haeger threw good too, although he got behind in the count a lot. The HR he gave up to Lee was an AZ cheap shot for sure. The ball looked like it may have gone 300 feet in the Cell. I was sitting about 15 feet from where it landed, and I was absolutely shocked it got out.

Anyway, I had a good time, and got to see a White Sox winner!!!

WhiteSox5187
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not going to pop out the champagne bottles yet...it was a good win, and Garland apparently looked good, but in the end, it was a win in March. If we look this good in the season, then I'll start getting the champagn ready, but I'm not going to get too excited or too down over any win or loss in March.

infohawk
03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I thought Rogowski was bluffing at first. No, he was hustling all the way. Great win today: total dominance. Nice job Sox. Keep up the great WORK.
I was surprised he decided to take third, too. He was only a couple steps beyond second base when the outfielder was fielding the ball. I think he completely surprised the outfielder. Gutsy! Rogowski also looks to be one of those guys who, once he gets it into high gear, might as well keep running because it's easier then having to stop.:D:

infohawk
03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Let me start by saying I also love the White Sox, but today is dedicating to loving my girlfriend. This morning she came to my house and told me she had a present for me. It was a pair of tickets to the game!!!
That settles it. You need to propose to her. I don't care if you've only known her a week!:tongue:

chisox77
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
It is spring training, but great to see the Sox look sharp.

Big ifs, but what if Aardsma and Sisco develop just enough to become realiable in the late innings . . . then Jenks - wow - scary!!

Fields looks very good out there. Sweeney and Owens as well. These guys may still end up in Charlotte, but it's nice to have some promising young talent that looks able to compete.

Gio had good stuff and composure - nice to see Garland pitch very well.
Good signs, which is what March baseball is about anyway.

:cool:

KRS1
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
That settles it. You need to propose to her. I don't care if you've only known her a week!:tongue:

It's actually been three years.

Mercy!
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
...Too bad the first broadcast of the year had to be Cubs cast...
Ohhh NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo..........

I'm not proud of it, but I'll admit it, I stopped fast forwarding through the announcers' schtick when they put the camera on Santo. Schadenfreude all the way.

KRS1 - nice story. Also, re Rob: I re-played that against the wall bounce catch a couple of times, trying to remember how many times we saw something similar last year. :rolleyes:

I look forward to being able to recognize all the new Sox players without reading the back of their jerseys.

WizardsofOzzie
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Did they announce how far the Konerko HR went that left the park? On a side note, it was nice to see the Sox/Charlotte squad take out the starting lineup on the northside so effortlessly :bandance:

slavko
03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
The Cubbie TV announcers were in midseason form insofar as rationalizing failure and failing to credit the other team. The big talking point for this year seems to be the undeniable greatness of Alfonso Soriano. Look for it every chance they get, especially in blowout losses.

veeter
03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
The Cubbie TV announcers were in midseason form insofar as rationalizing failure and failing to credit the other team. The big talking point for this year seems to be the undeniable greatness of Alfonso Soriano. Look for it every chance they get, especially in blowout losses.Exactly Slavko. Like my dad says, they talk like they just missed winning it all last year. Kasper is the biggest Cub shill they may have ever had.

TheCommander
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
The Cubbie TV announcers were in midseason form insofar as rationalizing failure and failing to credit the other team. The big talking point for this year seems to be the undeniable greatness of Alfonso Soriano. Look for it every chance they get, especially in blowout losses.

Yeah, I especially liked how Bob Brenly noted that Ho Ho Kam was always sold out but how you can go to Tucson and easily get a ticket. :rolleyes:

Frontman
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM

Yeah, the Ron Santo lovefest hurt today's broadcast, but every homer by the Sox made Kasper and Brenle get a bit more quiet. I love Sox baseball too!

BOOYAH!!!

Can't wait for "All right, sit back, relax, and strap it down. WHITE SOX BASEBALL coming at you."

;)

Front

chet34lemon
03-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I especially liked how Bob Brenly noted that Ho Ho Kam was always sold out but how you can go to Tucson and easily get a ticket. :rolleyes:

Kasper also made it a point to mention that the White Sox probably weren't going to re-sign Buehrle or Dye.

oeo
03-05-2007, 12:30 AM

I think I saw every single person in the crowd on TV + the lady with the overdressed dog about 50.

Frontman
03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Kasper also made it a point to mention that the White Sox probably weren't going to re-sign Buehrle or Dye.

Did they mention Ron Santo not making it into the Hall of Fame, even though he's a "Hall of Famer?"

I also loved the dig on Anderson, like the Cubs were such a phenomenal team last season. I started laughing when they made comment of the AJ just blasting Barrett at home last season; especially with the innuendo that it was "best for everyone" that the two players were not playing today. I told my wife,

"Yeah, Barrett doesn't have Podsednik to tie him up with a basic armbar and take him to the ground. AJ would might actually have to knock him senseless again."

The funny thing was, that the day before that game last year, a buddy of mine at work who is a Cubs fan (sorry, its a fact, but he can't help it.) had their "Vineline" mag or whatever, profiling Barrett and his martial arts training. I did point out to him the next time at work after the fight that the only thing that could of made that article look more stupid was if Crede was the one restraining Barrett, as I think Joe is the only Sox player SMALLER than Pods.

RadioheadRocks
03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
... I started laughing when they made comment of the AJ just blasting Barrett at home last season; especially with the innuendo that it was "best for everyone" that the two players were not playing today. I told my wife,

"Yeah, Barrett doesn't have Podsednik to tie him up with a basic armbar and take him to the ground. AJ would might actually have to knock him senseless again."

The funny thing was, that the day before that game last year, a buddy of mine at work who is a Cubs fan (sorry, its a fact, but he can't help it.) had their "Vineline" mag or whatever, profiling Barrett and his martial arts training. I did point out to him the next time at work after the fight that the only thing that could of made that article look more stupid was if Crede was the one restraining Barrett, as I think Joe is the only Sox player SMALLER than Pods.

Ever notice how much those sCrUB fan lowlifes just LOVE throwing that in our faces, yet they NEVER mention Pods' knocking Barrett on his ass right after that? :cool:

ilsox7
03-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Ever notice how much those sCrUB fan lowlifes just LOVE throwing that in our faces, yet they NEVER mention Pods' knocking Barrett on his ass right after that? :cool:

What is thrown in our faces? The fact that MB sucker punched AJ and still couldn't knock him down? I've seen some Cub fans refer to it as a fist fight. I don't know about y'all, but every fist fight I've ever seen involved two people with their arms raised and ready to go. Not one guy sucker punching another.

oeo
03-05-2007, 12:46 AM
What is thrown in our faces? The fact that MB sucker punched AJ and still couldn't knock him down? I've seen some Cub fans refer to it as a fist fight. I don't know about y'all, but every fist fight I've ever seen involved two people with their arms raised and ready to go. Not one guy sucker punching another.

AJ could have knocked his ass out...luckily, he knows how to control his emotions, unlike Barrett.

Frontman
03-05-2007, 12:48 AM

Or that Anderson owned whichever scrub Dusty put out on first that day? They love to make AJ out to be the thug (which it was just clean baseball,) and that JOEY CORA (huh?) bit someone on the leg.

while trying to get his hat back.
:nocubs
:wink:

Whatever.

Front

RadioheadRocks
03-05-2007, 12:48 AM

EXACTLY! Remember it's the sCrUB fan lowlifes I'm talking about, and you know how powerful delusion can be, not to mention their distorted perception of how that whole fracas actually happened.

RadioheadRocks
03-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Or that Anderson owned whichever scrub Dusty put out on first that day? They love to make AJ out to be the thug (which it was just clean baseball,) and that JOEY CORA (huh?) bit someone on the leg.

while trying to get his hat back.
:nocubs
:wink:

Whatever.

Front

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!! :cool:

Frontman
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
EXACTLY! Remember it's the sCrUB fan lowlifes I'm talking about, and you know how powerful delusion can be, as well as considering their distorted perception of how that whole fracas actually happened.

Exactly. Pods had Barrett tied up pretty good, he wasn't going anywhere once they hit the dirt.

With an armbar.

Anyone a Chris Jericho fan? If so, I'm sure you're laughing with me over that being the hold that Pods had Barrett in.

Front

WhiteSox5187
03-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I know! That made me sick, and then when Jim Hendry was there they said "When are we going to resign Carlos Zambrano?" To hell with 'em. Let 'em talk, we'll do all our talk on the field, thank you.

WizardsofOzzie
03-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, the Ron Santo lovefest hurt today's broadcast, but every homer by the Sox made Kasper and Brenle get a bit more quiet. I love Sox baseball too!

BOOYAH!!!

Can't wait for "All right, sit back, relax, and strap it down. WHITE SOX BASEBALL coming at you."

;)

Front
They didn't get more quiet, they just started talking about random **** that had nothing to do with the game.

Frontman
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
They didn't get more quiet, they just started talking about random **** that had nothing to do with the game.

That's true, but the volumne they were speaking at got quieter. I did have to laugh at Brenly's timing with Konerko's first homer. Len Kasper says, "Konerko's looking for his first hit of the pre-season" just before Paulie connected.

Brenly, "Looks like he got it."

Hilarious.

Front

MRM
03-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Come on now, that's a tad unfair. There is no bigger homer as a broadcaster than Hawk and since this *was* a CUBS broadcast I can't fault them for that. And lets face it, Soriano IS one of the best 5 tool players in the game today (though I disagree with putting him in CF). Some times I think you guys are more interested in bashing anything Cubs related than you are in your Sox fanaticism.

MRM
03-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I know! That made me sick, and then when Jim Hendry was there they said "When are we going to resign Carlos Zambrano?" To hell with 'em. Let 'em talk, we'll do all our talk on the field, thank you.

In the interest of fairness, the announcers gave the Sox hitters their due. Multiple times they referred to how dangerous the lineup was and how they could all make you pay for mistakes. Also, and I thought this was the best part of the broadcast, they were discussing this years rule changes concerning an automatic 10 day suspension for intentionally altering the ball. The quote, as best I remember it: "Konerko should get a 10 game suspension because that ball was undoubtedly altered after he hit it to the parking lot and he definately did it on purpose".

My point is it's easy to be critical of ANY broadcast if you sit through it with the intention of picking it apart. I love Hawk but could easily pick out things he says EVERY GAME that I either don't agree with or are just flat out wrong. I expected that particular broadcast to be slanted towards the Cubs as well it should have been.

As for Santo, IMO he's sitting right on that HOF borderline. If he were elected there really isn't much room to complain and if he's left out there isn't any glaring light that says "what are you fools thinking?". If Frank Thomas were to retire today he'd be sitting on a similar fence. Considering Santos' health issues, I can't blame the team or it's broacasters one bit for going to bat for him.

SoxandtheCityTee
03-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I guess I don't see/hear enough of the Cubs announcers -- thank God -- but I thought that broadcast was brutal. I had to be elsewhere and I recorded the game and then zipped through later, slowing down and watching in parts, and even so I still heard about attendance (more than once!), how Buerhle and Dye are gone after this year and the tragedy of Santo not making the Hall -- they were babbling about this when Paulie hit the homer that ended up in the parking lot; you can tell from the highlight that they are caught off the moment and have to catch up, pretty funny.

I've watched many many Hawk games and he is a homer, but I don't recall him discussing the contract staus of opposing players that way. Maybe if someone just signed a deal, or got traded, sure, or how he was historically acquired, but saying that a team won't be able to sign a guy? Nope.

Tons of Sox fans in the crowd; the poor camera man had to go to such tight closeups of Cubs fans to avoid the Sox fans above, below and beside them, that you could see who was wearing their sunscreen and who wasn't.

soxinem1
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Hey, he almost hit a homer, weren't you glad for him???