PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here collect Topps Heritage Cards?

Brian26
03-03-2007, 11:41 PM
This is the one set I try to put together every year, just because the designs are so cool (harken back to the 1950's Topps era).

This year's set is going to be tough. I just bought a couple of boxes today and have quite a few doubles to trade already.

Edit- Meant to put this in the Parking Lot

itsnotrequired
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I heard that ewokpelts is involved with cards in some way.

:tongue:

Brian26
03-04-2007, 12:02 AM
I heard that ewokpelts is involved with cards in some way.

:tongue:

Yeah, I actually picked up the boxes from his step-dad's store. Ewok doesn't collect Heritage though. I've tried to convince him to because it's really a great product, but he's too much into Wacky Packages and Yu-Gi-Go. :D:

ewokpelts
03-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I actually picked up the boxes from his step-dad's store. Ewok doesn't collect Heritage though. I've tried to convince him to because it's really a great product, but he's too much into Wacky Packages and Yu-Gi-Go. :D:ha ha...i have a big stack of 06 heritage just waiting for me to get off my ass and start working on

as for 07...i'm on the fence...i got this wedding to worry about, so i might just get a few packs here and there

did you get a 5 cent flashback friday pack when you at the store?

jabrch
03-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I miss baseball cards....I haven't bought a pack in at least 10 years since I "retired" from the hobby. I've got MILLIONS in the basement, some really good, some not. One day when my son is old enough I'll get back into it.

Brian26
03-04-2007, 04:52 PM
did you get a 5 cent flashback friday pack when you at the store?

I did not. I asked John about the Jermaine Dye card, but it sounds like you have to actually go in the store on the Friday (or at least the weekend) that it is being offered, which isn't until the end of March for Dye.

I was lucky to get one of the '58 Sox emblem logos as a box topper...it's pretty cool.

Brian26
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Here are some of the Sox cards in the set:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/DSCN1170.jpg

salty99
03-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't know Rowand was a Sox player again.

Brian26
03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't know Rowand was a Sox player again.

No, but we can hope can't we? :D:

Actually I was going to show some recent exSox players too, but decided not to. For some odd reason, Topps issued a Chris Stewart card, even though they left Bonds out of the set.

ewokpelts
03-05-2007, 10:46 AM

Actually I was going to show some recent exSox players too, but decided not to. For some odd reason, Topps issued a Chris Stewart card, even though they left Bonds out of the set.barroid is no longer a topps spokesman...thank god

Scottiehaswheels
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I haven't collected cards for ages but I must admit I like them going back to an old school look... BRING BACK THE GUM!

DuckSnort
03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I was watching a box of these being busted this weekend, they look like a fun product, I'm still in basketball mode, but I might be picking up some baseball soon.

ewokpelts - where is your stepdads shop located?

salty99
03-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Actually I was going to show some recent exSox players too, but decided not to. For some odd reason, Topps issued a Chris Stewart card, even though they left Bonds out of the set.

That Chris Stewart card is going to be priceless someday!!! I am trying to finish the 2006 Topps 1952 Rookies base set.

ewokpelts
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I haven't collected cards for ages but I must admit I like them going back to an old school look... BRING BACK THE GUM!Topps Heritage HAS gum.
Also the Bazooka and Opening Day sets have gum too.

ewokpelts
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I was watching a box of these being busted this weekend, they look like a fun product, I'm still in basketball mode, but I might be picking up some baseball soon.

ewokpelts - where is your stepdads shop located?
www.elitetradingcards.com (http://www.elitetradingcards.com)

Scottiehaswheels
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Topps Heritage HAS gum.
Also the Bazooka and Opening Day sets have gum too.ha that many different companies are making cards nowadays? I long for the days of just Topps, Bowman, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck.. even that was too dang many

salty99
03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
ha that many different companies are making cards nowadays? I long for the days of just Topps, Bowman, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck.. even that was too dang many

The ones Ewok said are all Topps sets.

Scottiehaswheels
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
The ones Ewok said are all Topps sets.:o: No wonder cards aren't worth much any more... I've not checked in a couple years but I have, somewhere?, a '78 Nolan Ryan card I saw go from $75 to $40 last time I looked... course I picked it up at a garage sale for a dime when I was like 10 so what do I care... :smile:

Brian26
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Topps Heritage HAS gum.

This is the great thing about it now- Topps places the gum inside a sealed piece of plastic, so it doesn't ruin the cards like it used to. When I was a kid, inevitabley every pack of cards would have one card with a gum stain on the back of it.

Also, the cards come out of the pack smelling like gum too, which is really nostalgic and a nice touch.

The bazooka gum is still the same. You put it in your mouth and it tastes great, but the sugar goes away and five minutes later it's pretty bad.

Brian26
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
ha that many different companies are making cards nowadays? I long for the days of just Topps, Bowman, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck.. even that was too dang many

Only two companies make baseball cards: Topps and Upper Deck. Things were so out of control a few years ago that MLB put a limit to the baseball card licenses they would hand out. Topps and UD are only allowed to produce ten different sets each year. One of Upper Deck's sets is actually the "Fleer" set, as they bought their assets last year when they went out of business. Donruss/Playoff/Leaf only makes football and hockey cards anymore. Bowman is owned by Topps and makes up two or three of Topps' sets each year (Bowman Heritage and Bowman regular edition).

ewokpelts
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Only two companies make baseball cards: Topps and Upper Deck. Things were so out of control a few years ago that MLB put a limit to the baseball card licenses they would hand out. Topps and UD are only allowed to produce ten different sets each year. One of Upper Deck's sets is actually the "Fleer" set, as they bought their assets last year when they went out of business. Donruss/Playoff/Leaf only makes football and hockey cards anymore. Bowman is owned by Topps and makes up two or three of Topps' sets each year (Bowman Heritage and Bowman regular edition).Brian:
Topps and UD can make 20 sets a year, NOT just 10.
UD has the exclusive on Hockey.

ewokpelts
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
bought some box blasters at target. i got a crapload of ross gloads...non too pleased, espeically with the bad photoshopped royals hat